HELLO...ANY GERMAN LADIES IN HERE ??

fireandice

Ich habbe diene vatter nicht gekant abber Killeen ist semlich gross....

Mein mutter kommt von Bad Durkheim un ich hab im Mannheim/Shounau u. Wollstein gehvohnt fur uber 14 jahre.

Robert.

HALLO ROBERT...DANKE FUER DIE POST ZURUECK...MEIN SOHN 18 )) HEISST AUCH ROBERT...MEINE TOCHTER 13 ))) HEISST KATHERINA...( NAMED AFTER MY GRANNY )....WAS MACHST DU FUER HANDARBEITEN ??

ICH HAEKELE ..STRICKE...ETWAS LATCH HOOK UND STICKEN...( COUNTED CROSS STITCH ) BIS BALD...TINA :-)

Wanna hear something sad? lol I find myself reading this almost in tears..I miss Germany so much. We were stationed there for four years, just moved back to the US in Feb. My children have no adjusted well to the US at all..my youngest was born in Germany and still asks when we are going "home". Of course..I also find myself yelling at them in german, lol..that's when they know they are in trouble.

Donna

Hi Donna...

sorry 2 hear that u miss Germany....where r u in the US. ? i am in Mo....but u know what >>? i do not miss Germany at all...JUST THE FOOD....lol.....and i cook german dinners and have problems with the spices...other than that ? all i need is a stitching pal and i can say that i am in puppy-heaven....PLS WRITE BACK SOON....

HUGS

TINA

am meistens tu ich mehr haeklen als stricke aber ich kann auch nahe (wenn ich muss)Donna I miss the markets, food and people most of all but the prices make me happy to be in the states.

Hi again Robert...ty for ur RE:....

ich haekele gerade an einer decke...( RIPPLE AFGHAN )...hast du vieleicht ein paar PATTERNS die du mir schicken kannst ?? WOULD B GREAT...TY HUN..

HUGS

TINA

PS;was haekelst du gerade ??

and do u have Fam ?? tell me a lil about urself pls... good night ...sleep well...will be back in the AM.... ;-)

We are in California at the moment. I miss the way Europeans are so mellow, laid back, go with the flow. They are nice, of course they have their walls..but once you get to know them, they are the nicest, most caring people. Here, folks are just plain rude. This is not how I was raised at all..and I'm finding it hard to adjust. Of course we miss the food...who wouldn't? lol I miss the shopping, the markets, the wine fest..drinking gluwein on after a big snow..omg to go back just for one day would be heaven!

Donna

heute wenn ich heim von die arbeit komme mach ich weiter mit meine ornaments fur das "ornament exchange", u. eine jacke fur meine frau u. ein große quilt decke von "granny squares"(2m X 3m).

Fur fam. habbe ich mein frau Asako von 12 jahre, meine tochter (7jr.) u. meine sohn (3.jr). Meine vatter wohnt auch heir im gegend.

tchus,

Robert

Hallo, Tina! Ich bin nicht aus Deutschland, aber ich bin gerade zurueck gekommen nach zwei Jahre dort. Mein Freund kommt von Bodensee und ich wohnte in Karlsruhe bei ihm fuer 8 Monate und in Ulm fuer 14 Monate. Jetzt sind wir in Rhode Island, weil er sein Doktor bei Brown machen wird.

Ich moechte auch gerne mit euch Deutsch reden.

Hallo Pfirsch....herzlich willkommen zu unsere kleinen gruppe...freue mich sehr von dir zu hoeren...viel Glueck fuer deinen freund ....ich bin mit einem TRUCKDRIVER verheiratet...14 jahre...seit 1991 in der USA....und habe vieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll

zeit fuer handarbeiten....was machst du in handarbeiten ???

hope 2 hear back soon....

HUGS

TINA

Wow.. .Is my German rusty... I coudl only pick up a small bit of that.... I guess that's what happens when you don't use it in 5 years (and you only took it in school for 4 years). It's great to see that some of you havn't lost it.....

Hello Heather....

nice 2 see u here..:D ..i am german and was afraid that i will loose all of it if i don't talk to someone..:eek i am here since 14 yrs and have not spoken any since....all these nice ppl here are helping me kepp up my german...i am so greatful for them...and i love them all....just for being my friend and helping me out....ALL it relly says is that i am married 2 a Truckdriver and have plenty time 2 do my crafts....what do u do ??? ( in crafts ) ??? :hook

:clap welcome 2 our lil group

HUGS

TINA

Tina,

I haven't used my German since I got out of high school. I took it for 4 years in high school. And, for a while (first 3 years, before I moved away) my best friend was a German speaker (her mom was German, her dad was a US solider who often got stationed over there so teh whole family spoke it). Talking with her and doing my school work really helped keep me in practice. Not that I was ever great since you can't learn a whole langues in just a few years.

I have always been amazed at people like you and my high school best friend's mother who can pick up another langue (english for you) and use it all of the time. I just don't know if I could ever do that.

Doing my differnt crafts is a lot of fun. I primarly crochet. I've been picking knitting back up. That is realy all I do. My mom taught me to quit, but I just don't have the time. How about you ? Do you do other crafts besides crochet ?

I would try to reply a little in German to you. But, it's to early (5:30am) for me to try and think in another langues that I have spoken in years.... Besides, you all would just laugh at how bad I was....

lol no worries and as far as the blatt Hessish isnt that far off from what i speak which is a combination of manheimer u. kreuznacher blatt (of course even in germany the slangs from one region to another can be so radicaly different that you have to resort to high german (propper german) to converse. but no worries languages come with immersion and tons of practice... dont worry about how it looks you will always improve.

Meine lieblingshandarbeit ist Haekeln.:hook

Back to something that Tina and Robert mentioned:

I learned Hoch Deutsch and I can understand Schwaebisch most of the time. I took two German classes in my last year of college and then I went to live in Germany--first in Karlsruhe, then in Ulm. One thing that I will definitely have to add, seeing as how I was an English teacher while in Ulm and it was one of my pet peeves, is that a person speaks a dialect, not a slang. Slang is like saying Kohle instead of Geld. Dialect is like Hessisch, Schwaebisch, Sachsisch, etc.

It's no big deal, it's just one of those things. :)

Vielleicht sollten wir langsam einen neuen Thread aufbauen fuer Deutsch unter Off-Topic Conversation und spaeter einen ueber Muster, Maschen, usw, aber auch auf Deutsch oder ueber Deutschmustern.

Nur eine Idee.

ok ok ....lol

i didn't........ excuse me - did not .......lol .... like it when my teachers went and got on to me for the slang or dialect thing......eeeeeeeeewwwww....now i am getting it here again.....lol :devil

BUT I HAVE 2 SAY...YOU ARE RIGHT...( as much as i hate 2 admit it ) lol

the idea with the new thread is great..:clap ..count me in...

as for ROBERT...what u have 2 say to all this ?? ( wondering what he might say ) ...lol

HUGS

TINA

Archived