• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bgs what pattern did you use for the stocking's?

I have 22 finished but know know when I can mail for hubby lost his job. It's been very frustrated and tons of tears here.

When is the dead line for mailing? I'm trying to sell a few things so hopefully can mail them soon.

I have 22 finished but know know when I can mail for hubby lost his job. It's been very frustrated and tons of tears here.

When is the dead line for mailing? I'm trying to sell a few things so hopefully can mail them soon.

I am checking with the Warmth for Warriors to see when the deadline is. Last year it was later in November but they were talking about moving it up so they can have the stockings mailed off overseas sooner this year. I will post the details as soon as I get them.

Don't stress we will work this out. :hug

Are they asking for any certain size?  This would be a good little project for my Crochet Club "Froggers"!

As BGS said, 5-6 inches is great. As long as they are in that range, they are fine. Thanks so much for any help you can provide in making stockings. We love all the people who have stepped up this year to help. 

When is the dead line for mailing?

I just heard back from the Warmth for Warriors Board and they say the deadline is November 1. Please send all stockings by then or sooner if you can as they are stuffing them now. If they receive your stockings by November 1 that is just fine though.

Bgs how did you do the granny square stocking's? Do you have a pattern?

I know that is not a question for me to reply and I am sorry for that.

But I always like to figure out things how they were made from a picture (no pattern).. I never made a Granny stocking. I just want to know if I am right? :) or not LOL.

Lets see if I am right.

#1:

a) crochet granny square, size between 5" to 6"

b) fold that in half

c) start slip stitch together those two sides. Start from that long side going around to that smaller side (that will be the bottom of that sock. Once I would get to that corner I would crochet 6 or 7 DC so that would form a half a circle (the toe part) and slip stitch above and weave the end of that yarn That "toe part is not double like that stocking, nothing would go there. That is only for visual appearance.

d) The upper part. Sc around once or twice and make that little loop.

I could go a little faster, less ends to weave:).

a) crochet granny square

a) go to one side of that square and crochet one or two rows on top of that one side . (that would be that rim on top). And make few chains for that loop. Do not cut of that yarn.

b) fold that square i half and with the same yarn start crocheting those two sides together (slip stitch) long side first and than short side. And crochet the same way in that toe area as I explained above in "c"

Am I right? or wrong? :).

Krys

I know that is not a question for me to reply and I am sorry for that.

But I always like to figure out things how they were made from a picture (no pattern).. I never made a Granny stocking. I just want to know if I am right? :) or not LOL.

Lets see if I am right.

#1:

a) crochet granny square, size between 5" to 6"

b) fold that in half

c) start slip stitch together those two sides. Start from that long side going around to that smaller side (that will be the bottom of that sock. Once I would get to that corner I would crochet 6 or 7 DC so that would form a half a circle (the toe part) and slip stitch above and weave the end of that yarn That "toe part is not double like that stocking, nothing would go there. That is only for visual appearance.

d) The upper part. Sc around once or twice and make that little loop.

I could go a little faster, less ends to weave:).

a) crochet granny square

a) go to one side of that square and crochet one or two rows on top of that one side . (that would be that rim on top). And make few chains for that loop. Do not cut of that yarn.

b) fold that square i half and with the same yarn start crocheting those two sides together (slip stitch) long side first and than short side. And crochet the same way in that toe area as I explained above in "c"

Am I right? or wrong? :).

Krys

I am having problems finding that pattern again to post a link. Your #2 is mighty close (and would work just fine) to the way I did it as I opted for the fewer ends to work in.

This one is similiar

http://www.webchiem.com/2011/11/crochet-christmas-stocking-free-crochet.html?m=1#more

I am having problems finding that pattern again to post a link. Your #2 is mighty close (and would work just fine) to the way I did it as I opted for the fewer ends to work in.

This one is similiar

http://www.webchiem.com/2011/11/crochet-christmas-stocking-free-crochet.html?m=1#more

THANKS! :)

Krys

I got an email that my package of 51 arrived today. I must have miscounted or they picked up a hitchhiker along the way. They are thankful for all our help here at the 'ville and glad that Cindy encouraged us to pitch in.

I got an email that my package of 51 arrived today. I must have miscounted or they picked up a hitchhiker along the way. They are thankful for all our help here at the 'ville and glad that Cindy encouraged us to pitch in.

That is funny:)

Krys

Thank you so much for all you have contributed for this year's drive. I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to support the Warmth for Warriors and truly love how so many of you have stepped up to help our the troops with the mini Christmas stockings this year. I love Crochetville for all the wonderful people here. :ghug

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new idea I tried. It is 6 little grannies put together to make a Christmas stocking. I did HDC stitches to try and make it smaller but it's still a bit big. 6 inches tall and 6 inches long and 8+ inches diagonally. I like the idea and will have to play around with a smaller hook and maybe thinner yarn next time.

post-10977-0-68453700-1475241976_thumb.jpg

Wondering if it would work to fold the square for the toe in half so the stocking would be made from5 squares?

Not sure but that might work. I think using a smaller hook and thinner yarn would work too. It's okay as is but just a little too big.

Love that stocking.  When you get it perfected, I would like to try it.

Thanks! You should try it with like fingering yarn and see how it comes out for you. It's just a simple granny square worked for 3 rows and I worked it in HDC stitches.

Archived