redrosesdz

Jimmy Fallon "Dished" on Crochet Last Night

I'm a Jimmy Fallon fan and was happy that the Tonight Show was back last night.  While I usually find him funny, he missed the mark while making fun in his "don't read this" book segment.  He made fun of "The Little Encyclopedia of Dish Cloths," which is a handy little crochet pattern book.  While it may have a funny name, it's not useless.  I'm not mad at him.  It just made me "grrrr" at that segment.

I just felt like ranting about this.  Did anyone else see the segment?

I did not see the show, as I do not find Jimmy Fallon funny (jmho). 

There is so much going on in the Political world, that he did not have to make fun of crochet.

I have seen that book and it looks great.

Truthfully I think it was one of his writers, not him who wrote the joke.

Yeah, either one of his writers or one of his viewers.  The viewers send in things for various segments a lot.  Don't get started on the US political debacle!  LOL

I used to be a Fallon fan. I did not see it as I do not watch late night talk anymore- too much political reference and most is biased. Too bad someone thinks they have to make fun of what so many women and men enjoy doing. Someone should crochet a Jimmy Fallon doll, send it in with a card saying "Do not watch the Tonight Show!". Makes about as much sense.

• Like 1

i just watched it online.  I don't think he or the writers even realized it was about how to MAKE dishcloths or had anything to do with a craft.  

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder, since the topic was brought up in jest, to prevent the conversation from heading that way: No political discussions, please. We like having one little place on the internet where we can escape from all of that! ;)

And no worries, there aren't any forum policy violations here yet. It's just an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?

• Like 2