"NEW & improved" Cactus & my hand decorated clay pot:)

USpolishgirl

UPDATE on 8/25/2016

I added about 12 smaller once- "babies" :)

Pictures #1 & #2 that is how it looks after adding those little once.. I like that a LOT better:)

Picture # 3 is the "original - old" that I did NOT like much LOL

Picture # 4 After pinning all those "babies" before sewing them

Length of those "babies" varies  from about 0,75"  to 1,75" and anything in between..

======

Hi:)

Here are cactuses I crochet. I took old clay pot from my basement and added some decorations to that:). I am still not sure IF that looks good or not? LOL. That pot is 3,75" tall.  I used brown marker, jute twine- rope, glue and 3 Lady Bugs little buttons.

As you can see it is very easy to make a those cactuses. Just took little time to make a "bunch" of them. I used RHWW yarn and crochet thread #10 for flowers.

I am planning to crochet more cactuses. They will be deferent. Many of them in a tiny white ceramic "pots" (tiny square bowls). I did bought just now couple  bigger square glass pots.

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

"New & improved" LOL

post-73590-0-86528400-1472148321_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-88977700-1472148362_thumb.jpg

"Old"-original

post-73590-0-69301200-1471812560_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-25040200-1472148048_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-64363400-1471812667_thumb.jpg

It's very cute!  What do you think about putting pipe cleaners inside the cacti, so that you can shape them in different directions?

Thank you Sharon and Brenda:)

Long time ago I had a pot with the same kind cactuses, they were real  LOL. I had big flat clay pot in my front window with them and some other plants. I do not know the name of those cactuses, I call them "finger cactuses" LOL.  Because the shape of them is like a finger. And they do grow almost straight up in bunches (many together). At least that is how they grow in my pot.. I just do not remember them "curving", just straight up. Some little once (babies) they were coming on the side. But when they grow bigger, they were going up again.

I did put pipe cleaners inside. But according to me that did not looked "real" when I position them a different way. So, I got them back up! LOL.

I do know that shape of that pot is wrong for those cactuses. That pot should not be that tall. I just wanted to use what I had:).

Krys

PS:  As I am looking at those pictures now, I think I will add few small (babies) around ...I think that might help:).

I think your cactus and pot are both adorable! And the ladybugs are such a nice touch!

If you want those little hair type spikes, I saw how someone made them using white sewing thread.

Those are very cute Krys. You did a great job on them.

Several years ago when I had my home decorated with a Southwest theme, I crocheted different life size cacti instead of real ones since my grand kids were still small. I used eyelash yarn along with Red Heart Super Saver for the spines and they looked great. If they seemed too long, I just trimmed them back a little with scissors.

Here's a link for one type of cactus (pattern) that uses the eyelash yarn to give you an idea. Mine was not as dense as this one though. However, there is a real cactus that has the hairy looking spines on them but, they do not grow in the high desert where I live.

The one you have made and shown and the previous one you made and described may be of the Echinocereus species. (quite a few different species).

Try using some dental floss and tying it in knots through you crochet work. Then maybe if thats not what you want try some fishing line, it would be a little stiffer.

Very cute! Cactus are good for people that can't have plants without them dying. (like me)

This is even better! :)

Those are very cute Krys. You did a great job on them.

Several years ago when I had my home decorated with a Southwest theme, I crocheted different life size cacti instead of real ones since my grand kids were still small. I used eyelash yarn along with Red Heart Super Saver for the spines and they looked great. If they seemed too long, I just trimmed them back a little with scissors.

Here's a link for one type of cactus (pattern) that uses the eyelash yarn to give you an idea. Mine was not as dense as this one though. However, there is a real cactus that has the hairy looking spines on them but, they do not grow in the high desert where I live.

The one you have made and shown and the previous one you made and described may be of the Echinocereus species. (quite a few different species).

Thank You Ladies for a very nice compliments! :) and all those tips... :).

Thank You Reni for a compliment and link. That "furry" cactus on that picture looks very nice:).

I am trying to make my cactus "orangement"  look little better. Yes it needs few of those tiny "babies"! :). I did crochet them yesterday and pin them up just to see. It looks a LOT better. I just need to connect them. I will do that later this week. 

For the past couple weeks I been feeling terrible I got sinus infection:( Maybe that is why I been making all those "boo-boo's" with my crocheting lately. Can't think straight! LOL. Finally I am going  to see the doctor tomorrow.

I will post a picture of my "new & improved" cactus with "babies" LOL. .

Krys

Here it is: New & improved" Cacti with "Babies",:)

Pictures #1 & #2 are the "New Cacti" 

Picture #3 original Cacti:(

Now I just need to connect all those cacti's permanently to that vase (inside). And glue some felt dots on the bottom of that pot so will not scratch the furniture.

Krys

Sounds like a plan, Krys :) Now, everything looks even better....

Thank you Eva:)

Did you came here from Poland? or were you born here?.

I came to US when I was young, long time ago..

Krys

Archived