Susa-ataris key cozy

TtJoy

Woot! Here I come again! (hope you ladies are not bored by me yet :P)

This is the first crochet item I came up on my own! Feels a bit shy to call it my 'design', but ye, it's MINE, completely mine!

The image came from 'Susa-ataris' in the Japanese anime 'Totoro' and 'Spirited Away', they look like this in case you haven't seen those before.

As I've been crocheting all these things for friends and family, it felt like the time to make something for myself, after some searching on the internet, I decided to make a key cozy, but found those patterns just a little bit too 'sweet' for my taste. So this little black thingy came to my mind and after some (like 10+ times) of undoing and rewriting the pattern, here it is! And I'm really happy with it now :D

post-78178-0-90831400-1471754395_thumb.jpg

post-78178-0-71313200-1471754402_thumb.jpg

That's cute.

You are absolutely right to remember to make things for yourself. After 30 years of crocheting, I realized I had only made 3 items for myself. Everything I made went to family members, friends, and for charity. I learned to crochet because I wanted to make things for myself, and I figured 1 item per decade wasn't making the grade. Once I realized this, I spent the entire next year as a ME year. I loved it! Now, no matter what, every 3rd item I make is a ME item.

These are adorable TtJoy! Love the look.

That's cute.

You are absolutely right to remember to make things for yourself. After 30 years of crocheting, I realized I had only made 3 items for myself. Everything I made went to family members, friends, and for charity. I learned to crochet because I wanted to make things for myself, and I figured 1 item per decade wasn't making the grade. Once I realized this, I spent the entire next year as a ME year. I loved it! Now, no matter what, every 3rd item I make is a ME item.

What a great goal for oneself. I've done the exact same thing through the years. I love your idea and just may practice it myself......as soon as I get the 3 gifts completed I've been working on- deadlines ya' know- LOL.

Thank you all! You have no idea how much it meant to me.

Love you all~

As for the ME item idea, it sounds really great! But I still have a lot of 'debts' to pay, so I'm thinking maybe every 5 items, haha

Archived