2 pairs of baby shoes (1 failed)

TtJoy

As I mentioned on my practicing post earlier, I was making a pair of baby shoes for an 1 yr old baby girl.

Here's the result! 

Both patterns were found on the internet and came in a smaller size than I needed.

So, on the first attempt (boots with pink flower) , I tried to just add stitches while I go,(I have no idea why it seemed possible at the time) and... they ended up in different sizes, which I have NO idea where did the mistake happened... 

The second pattern (little sandals)came in 2 sizes, but even the bigger one is still too small, but I managed to find out the rules in the design by comparing those 2, rewrite the pattern for the size I need and they turned out fine!

So this story tells me, lazy=fail! (At least until I get really good at crocheting :P)

Oh btw, I'm not crazy about yellow, just that when I bought the yarn on-line, I made a stupid mistake and ended up with 20 balls of yellow yarn instead of 5 different colors, 4 balls each. So I will be making a lot of yellow stuff in the future. lol

post-78178-0-49174900-1471669328_thumb.jpg

post-78178-0-86246700-1471669337_thumb.jpg

post-78178-0-78726000-1471669348_thumb.jpg

post-78178-0-47319000-1471669357_thumb.jpg

I think your booties are very cute.

Ah- the age old dread of crochet; count the stitches on every round. It's tedious and boring but so well worth it.

The yellow yarn: Oops! That would be an eye opener with that much yellow. If you contact the online yarn shop, most will refund or exchange colors or brands.

Keep up the good work.

Archived