Ukrainian Trident Symbol

SupernaturalsAngel

Question

Hello all! I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to guide me on my quest to crocheting a Ukrainian Trident. I want to make a Ukrainian flag blanket, but as it is simply blue and yellow, I would also like to embellish it with the trident in the upper left hand corner. So, it has to be of a larger size, and obviously I want it to look accurate.

If no one has heard of something like this having already been done, could someone guide me to a good website to help me try to create a general color scheme for stich by stitch work? :)

I have never tried to create something like this before. I've freehanded flowers and whatnot, but I don't know if I am ready for this task!

Thank you preemptively for any guidance you can give me. Also, let me know if this is in the wrong place! I'm new here, and I don't mean to ignore the layout of this is not the correct forum.

3 answers to this question

Welcome top Crochetville!

Firstly,  you need to decide on a size for the blanket then, make a chart of the logo intended for use. I've used graph paper before and it worked out great. There is a decent tutorial on how to design the logo at this link.

I came across this flag that may give you an idea how to position the logo.

Also, if this is too overwhelming, there is a site where the gal will make the logo for you, I'm sorry but, I don't remember where the site is online. Maybe another member here will remember. Hope this gets you started.

Thank you so much! Your links are so much help. I will definitely be attempting it, and thankfully I now have proper guidance. :D

If someone could find the site for the nice lady who would make the logo as well, that would also be really sweet. I'm confident in my abilities, but I like to be a realist, too. XD

That's a great tutorial linked above, to figure out the math for your tension to the end product.

Here is a program that will save you some graphing steps - it takes an image and plots a graph for you, so once you figure out the scale from the above tutorial, you can decide whether you want to plot it in the regular, big, or XL matrix.  You'll want a 1:1 ratio for crochet.

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

You may have to manually clean up some pixels where the 2 colors come together to get clean lines for the edges.

Archived