MINIONS!:) - bookmark & pencil topper LOL- Back to School

USpolishgirl

HI:)

I guess I am in to Minions this year LOL. And that is all because of my little neighbors.

That Minion bookmark I made using crochet thread #4. I think that looks hilarious when the book closed.. That is why I made that:).

I bought few of Minion pencils too:). I made a Minion pencil topper. I made that out of pom-pom ( just trimmed that oval shape instead of round) and glue that to the top of one on those pencils. Since is glued it can not be taken of. I could make that with a little "sleeve" going over the top of the pencil. That way would be removable. That kid is going to have many other pencils with erasers to use. He can keep this one in his Minion pen-pencil Minion holder-container. I am almost done with that Minion pen-pencil holder. I will post the picture soon.

Krys

PS: I know I mentioned few days ago that I will post a picture here of my Red Devil. Well I need to fix one of his legs. It is not bad, but it bothers me!. I need to schedule "him" for leg amputation! LOL 

It looks that I was sticking my finger in front of that camera AGAIN!:Many shadows on the lower corners... :(

post-73590-0-95271600-1471376892_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-21394100-1471377086_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-70483900-1471376921_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-08935000-1471376946_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-51941600-1471377026_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-33969100-1471376976_thumb.jpg

It's cute! You had lots of tiny details to make, but they are perfect! The pencil topper seems so easy to make, great idea! 

Few days ago I saw the rat bookmark somewhere on the net made in similar way - thin and flat body, and head and arms and feet "going out" of the book  :D

It's cute! You had lots of tiny details to make, but they are perfect! The pencil topper seems so easy to make, great idea! 

Few days ago I saw the rat bookmark somewhere on the net made in similar way - thin and flat body, and head and arms and feet "going out" of the book  :D

Thank you Granny Square:)

Thank you Anna:)

I had seen a frog made that way and that looked nice too.

About all those tiny details......that is what will "get you"!. That is very time consuming.

I am glad you liked my pencil topper. I did put the top of that pencil thru inside of that pom-pom to make that more secure and so would not "wobble". What I mean is: that top of that pencil goes thru that tie inside of  before that pom-pom is tied up securely and than I tie that up with that pencil inside.  Than I open that pom-pom on top and bottom and put some glue in both places. That pom-pom is NOT going any where, it will stay put & straight up! LOL. On a top of that pom-pom you can NOT see that eraser, it is little lower, dos not go alway to the top. That yarn covers that eraser completely. There is a LOT of yarn on that small pom-pom, about 75 rounds of WW yarn.

I just came with other idea when it comes to a writing pen & toppers. Those cheap pens they do have those plastic caps on top and that is removable:). So any pen topper can be connected & glued to that top:). No need to bother with any "sleeve" going over the top of that pen to hold that topper.

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

• 2 months later...

Archived