My hemp rope bag

TtJoy

Okay, after the failure on the shawl I was making last week, I've decided to make something real quick to give myself the satisfaction of having a project done. :P

Here's what I've made! And YES, it's crocheted with hemp rope from hardware store! 

It's not done very carefully, but the outcome is surprisingly good imo! I might think about a serious project with hemp rope someday :D

Reason for this project:

1. It's easier to hang my phone on the wall while it's charging.

2. I wanted the bag to be SUPER sturdy

3. My dad was using this huge ball of hemp rope in the house the other day and somehow I thought of crocheting with it

What I feel after:

1. It's pretty hard to crochet with, my thumbs are kinda numb now, but not too bad

2. But the finished product is actually a lot softer than my imagination! Pretty bouncy too!

post-78178-0-74000600-1471187224_thumb.jpg

What a neat idea. You are braver than I to work with hemp.

I too always have a sense of accomplishment after completing any project- especially after a fail or two. :) 

Very cool.  I have crocheted with the hemp.  I used it to make hanging baskets for my plants.

Yes, it can really hurt you hands after a while, but it is sturdy.

Great job.

Thanks Tampa Doll, Real Deal and USpolishgirl, or should I call you Krys?

Now I'm in a SUPER hype mode in crocheting and stuff. Even thinking about starting a local yarn shop!

Don't know if you guys know how's Hong Kong like,

It's a SUPER tiny but busy place, we have 10K+ ppl living in 30 mins walking distance, with almost every type of shops and services here. But there are NON yarn shop! The only one is about 30 mins driving distance from me(it's considered pretty far for us here :P) and I'm not really interested in the way it's presenting yarn and knitting/crocheting. Not sure how to describe, like... it's more traditional?(or outdated to be blunt...) They are only presenting clothing items, no dolls, decorations, accessories etc. 

But there are downsides too, 1, Hong Kong is really warm, our lowest temperature is like 5C and there may be only a few days this cold in a year, people get scared when they think of yarn... 2, Hong Kong people live in a really fast pace, not too many people have the time and energy to sit down and crochet. 3, We're very close to the biggest and cheapest manufactur source in the world (China) so we get stuff really cheap and easy. 4, Rent in Hong Kong is a xxxxx... 

I don't know... 

Archived