Sign in to follow this  
Tinamah

What is a good color for Winnie the Pooh?

I'm wanting to do a Winnie and MLP Applejack. They're orange but not to orange but they're not yellow either. I looked at hobby lobby but I haven't looked online yet. Any suggestions or past experience?

Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice has the color "Honey".  When I was working with it, I kept thinking about Winnie the Pooh.  However, it's a little darker than the stuffed animals.  They also have "Mustard", but I haven't seen it in person.

Your best bet is to take a Winnie with you to a big box store and walk around comparing the color to the yarn.  If you don't have a stuffed animal, go to a fabric store and buy the smallest amount possible of a Winne print.

Would that corn color yellow work?

Several years ago I crocheted for my new GD and painted items for her nursery. I got a paint chip appropriately called Ho-Hum Yellow from the big box hardware store that was made in conjunction with Disney's approval. I took the paint chip with me to the yarn store to compare with yarn colors. It's between a yellow and a soft golden yellow. It worked perfect.