Crochet Games of Ancient Greece CAL

Amy

I watched a variety of sports this afternoon--swimming, cycling, volleyball, soccer--and made good progress on the baby blanket. I'm on the fourth round of a wide pineapple border. Got a shower invitation in the mail this week so it has to be finished before next Saturday.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We taped the opening cerominies to watch today and thought they were very nice too. My daughter looking at books for downsizing wants me to make  this Tray Cover.  Ony problem is I have trouble keeping gauge as I seem to crochet looser as I work.

post-10430-0-89244700-1470523891_thumb.jpg

I missed the soccer, but caught most of the rest. I am excited about watching Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross in their first beach volleyball match tonight.

Just starting row 99 out of 271. Passing 100 will give me a motivational boost.

Did anyone watch women's cycling? Mara Abbott was crushing it until the very end. 4th place by only 4 seconds after being out front by herself for miles.

I'm glad an H is working better for you! I'm using a 7 (4.5mm) with RHSS, but my pattern doesn't have cables.

Row 108 out of 271. Going so slow. I knew doing a graph was a ton of counting, but didn't realize how tedious it is. Good thing I love the results so far. LOL

Catching up on gymnastics this afternoon. DH got me a Firestick to use with our Prime account and then discovered we could get nbc sports app so now I can catch up while sitting on my crochet couch looking at the TV.

I'm afraid I'm old school I still like watching stuff better on a bigger screen over my smaller devices.

I'm working on another princesses gown but I think I need 2 hook increases not one. The chest is more fitted than I like

I was wondering about the Games CAL - and just found you all!

I LOVE watching gymnastics! We have a 16 yo neighbor who is very good and competes at the state level. And as a New Jersey native I'm very proud of our Laurie, our ace gymnast who has been fantastic in the Olympics!

I've been buried in a project for a good friend, a graph ghan of an eagle - and for less strenuous crocheting (tv time) I'm working on a scrap join as you go blanket. JAYG technique is one I learned from Attic24 site. Here's a pic of progress on eagle from over a week ago.

Oh...the graph I printed out used 6 sheets of paper!  I'm down to using the last three...lol! I'm up to the eye

post-8552-0-33230400-1470741442_thumb.jpg

My goal is at least 10 rows per day.  My granddaughter was around, so I got behind.  12 more rows in two days.  But, seeing her is so much more fun!  Tuesdays are the days I go to 2 different yarn groups, one in the morning and one at night.  I get more socializing done, than crocheting.  LOL  So, maybe tomorrow I'll get back on track.  I'm starting row 120.  The halfway row is 136.  I'm determined to pass that mark by tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, I haven't been watching much of the Olympics, except Kerry Walsh Jennings and April Ross crushing beach volleyball.  I'm going to catch up on the women's gymnastics this afternoon.

ETA:  I saw the eagle graphgan after hitting post.  I had to add that it looks amazing!!

I watched a little diving and swimming last night and got another round or so done on the baby blanket. I'm keeping our 2 GDs tonight so unless I get some afternoon time there won't be any progress today.

http://www.joscrocheteria.com/?depth=1&hl=es&rurl=translate.google.es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joscrocheteria.com%2F&usg=ALkJrhgeuqu9Sw-5L_eu1Gw1ck5dPr0_xQ

Hi everybody! Yesterday I found the pattern for button coasters and had to try it. It's great and I've just finished my third button. They don't look fantastic yet because they need some starching, but they will.

The button coasters could be a cute gift for a crafty friend. The pattern is free.

Apak, those button coasters are clever, and thanks for the link.  Although I don't make many toys, I do like her African Flower patterns - I like her use of color.  Did you finish the basket?  I've never worked with that type of yarn.

Judianne, your eagle blanket is beautiful!

I've finished the braid part of the hat, it's really thick and heavy and used up most of the skein!  It does fit nicely, I was worried a bit about that.  I ended up with about 20 stitches fewer than the pattern called for to start the crown (probably because I used the bigger hook).  I'm sure I can improvise, but I'm a little worried I'll run out of yarn.  :eek

I think the button coasters are really cute!  She's got some adorable patterns with motifs.  I'm going to have to take a look around when I have some time.

GS:  Yea on getting the braid part of the hat done.  The one and only cable hat that I crocheted was so thick, no one, including me, wanted it.  I think it was because I used such cheap yarn and it was in black.  Yours is such a beautiful color, that hopefully the thickness won't be an issue.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have enough yarn!

No Olympics for me today.  I've been on the go since around 9 AM.  I've got a few minutes now, then on the go until bedtime tonight.  I thought I'd get some rows done at yarn group this morning, but I got a surprise request to babysit my GS, instead.  All the ladies loved having a 4 m.o. at yarn group!  :D

Finished the hat, :woo  Now I need to find another project.  The color (on my monitor) is truer in this pic than the last one.  The little ball of yarn is all I had left of the skein!  I used DC instead of HDC on the crown part since I was afraid I'd run out of yarn, and taller stitches use less (per area covered).

post-13625-0-37932800-1470844780_thumb.jpg

>>>>>>>Finished the hat, :woohoo  Now I need to find another project. <<<<<<<

Great job nice hat.    

Watched some of the swimming and gymnastics. Still working on the tray cover but hope to make it smaller than the pattern as it has enough yarn ends to work in already. I also started a hat I had a chart for but no information on the pattern. It's coming along but the chart does't match the picture and I have to keep checking them. 

Archived