Pinemom

Working in the round pattern help

Question

I have a pattern that a friend sent to me. We live in different countries. I've tried explaining my problem to her but we are about the same experience level when it comes to crochet.

The pattern asks to crochet 14 dc in a magic circle. Which is fine, I can do that no problem. The next row asks for a chain 3 and to increase in each stitch with 2 DC, now here is where I have a problem. Do I start with a single crochet in the same stitch as the chain 3 (the join of the slip stitch) and count that as 2 DC and continue on or like I have done go to the next stitch and have a big space there. Does any of that make sense?

3 answers to this question

welcome to the ville!

no you should not do an sc after the chain 3, if that's what you mean.  What you should do is make the chain 3, then in the same stitch that the chain arises out of, make a dc.  this way the chain 3 and the dc have their "feet" in the same stitch, just like the 2 dc you are going to make in every other stitch.  the chain 3 counts as a dc.

if that still makes a gap between the chain and the first dc, you could chain only 2, then make 2 dc in the first stitch.  if you do this the 2 dc  chain 2 does not count as a stitch.  

Edited by magiccrochetfan

I think magiccrochetfan meant to say if you do this the chain 2 does not count as a stitch.

• Like 1

I think magiccrochetfan meant to say if you do this the chain 2 does not count as a stitch.

oh gosh, thank you!  yes that is what I meant, I will edit it.