Here's Angel Cake

Tampa Doll

The last of the Strawberry Cake dolls is done.  They were fun and not to hard.  The hair was the hardest for the last 2.  As you can see I decided to give her braids.  They wanted me to make a chain, put it in the dryer with towels and then let it sit for a day.  This is to make it curly.

The girls are done and I just measured them.  If you make them in ww yarn, they are 14 inches tall.  In size 10 thread they are between 7 and 8 inches tall.

I have a couple more things to make, then they will be on their way to their final destination.

post-105-0-54952800-1468676674_thumb.jpg Watch me Spin

All the girls ready for their trip.

post-105-0-46804800-1468676785_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh.What a great job you did!!

Seeing all the finished dolls makes me so nostolgic. Strawberry shortcake was big when I was a kid. I had all the yummy smelling dolls, the bedding, even a strawberry shortcake wastebasket. :)

Mary Jo, I followed the link to the etsy shop where you got the pattern but it said it was no longer available. Was it a single hard copy pattern and not a pdf file pattern?

Oh my gosh.What a great job you did!!

Seeing all the finished dolls makes me so nostolgic. Strawberry shortcake was big when I was a kid. I had all the yummy smelling dolls, the bedding, even a strawberry shortcake wastebasket. :)

Mary Jo, I followed the link to the etsy shop where you got the pattern but it said it was no longer available. Was it a single hard copy pattern and not a pdf file pattern?

Sorry, it is not a PDF file, it is a book.  I only used that link, to show what the original pattern looked like.  The pattern also calls for ww yarn, not thread.

Thank you all.  They have been picked up and are on their way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived