old logo new logo crochetville

I like the new logo.  I think it is a nice update.  All the things that Crochetville does will benefit from the refresh, I think.  

Mary Jo, your stitching of the hook and the word Crochetville are works of art, and it's great that you are planning to continue that.  :hook

Thank you Amy for saying I could still use the old Logo when you change, as I have tried to make a graph for the new one and it just doesn't work. 

I'm also very glad you can use the old Logo!  It personifies everything that has gone on since the beginning of Crochetville!

I've had a light-bulb moment and I have really good news! Everyone who wants to keep the forum's old design will be able to do so! :clap

I've been thinking a lot about how important it is to so many members to keep Crochetville the way it's always been: with the dusty blue crochet background and the original logo. It's comfortable, like an old friend. At the same time, Crochetville does have a new logo and new colors and will eventually need a uniform appearance across our blog, forum, etc. And then I remembered a great feature that lets us have it both ways!

So... if you scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum right now, in the far left corner you will see a link that says "Change Theme." If you click it now, you will see the Crochetville theme and mobile theme (for mobile devices). When we roll out the new logo and colors to the forum, there will be another option for "Crochetville Classic," which will be the same old Crochetville you're used to. Once you select it, it should stay that way until you change it.

When the time comes, there will be a thread in Board Announcements giving this same info. I'm tickled pink because I think it's a win-win. I hope you do too! :hug

I am so glad Donna remembered this feature so that we have a way for all our forum members to have the visual experience they prefer!

Part of the "Crochetville philosophy" when we work with others in the crochet industry is to come up with solutions that are win-win-win for everyone. It's so great that we've been able to do that now for our forum members who mean so much to us.

First of all Amy and Donna Congratulations on your great looking booth! :).

I just came a cross this thread. I didn't knew anything about new logo, been little busy this summer.

To me both logos look great. The original one is plain and simple "straight to the point" at first glance. The new one it is "fancier" and little more complicated with figuring out all what that stands for..

But on the end the logo it doesn't really matter to me that much. Because the most important thing is:this is a great group of people who share the same interest & love for crochet. No logo will change that.

That new logo looks great on that picture of your booth:).

I love your backpacks.

Krys

I like both logos, but, look forward to the change when the time comes. Amy and Donna have put a lot of effort into making this forum what it is today and I appreciate both of them. I'm grateful to share about crochet, fiber arts and off-topic subjects too, with such a diversified group of wonderful people from around the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very attached to the old logo and feel that it has more unisex appeal but I find the new logo very cute and nicely designed!:)

Thanks, Donna- for giving us the option to pick which we would like as our "Theme".  That is a wonderful solution!! :clap

I found, that I get both logos.  I have the old logo for the main page, when I check in and everything, but I did notice that when I go into a thread in the area where the web page is listed, there is the flower.

I thought I was going crazy, but after checking it a couple of times, I realized that was so cool

Everything here on the forum is still the same old logo we've always had. The blog and Facebook page have been converted to the new logo. So if you read any posts on the blog, you'll see the new logo there.

I still need to make a new graphic for our Facebook group (A Daily Dose of Fiber) with the new logo instead of the old one.

Hopefully, by early September, we'll get the changes made here on the forum, with each member able to choose whether they see the old logo or the new one.

I agree with Krys and Reni. Both logos are fine. Actually the logo doesn't make any difference to me.

It's the wonderful people that share a love of crochet and belief that one can never have too much yarn that makes this site. Thanks to Amy and Donna for their dedication, blogs and everything else they do!

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, what an interesting and revealing topic.  Honestly, I never gave much thought to the logo.  I tend to zip right to the messaging and topics.  I know....I really need to be more "aware"....lol.  Anywho, the new logo is definitely elegant.  I am OLD too and find change often irritating.  Take changing from my old OS to Windows 10.....geez oh peets, what a mind blower that has been....rolling eyes.  In the end I've figured out how to adapt the new into what is comfortable for me and I'm OK with that.  I find Crochetville a wonderful and caring community and am thankful to be allowed to be part of it.  And, topics like this show what a diverse and interesting community it is.  

Barbara

I love the new logo and the old logo.   Things do need to change once a while or life gets very stale.   Actually, the logo does not make this site....the people one here do.  

Just my humble opinion  :2blush .

Archived