NOW PUBLISHED Filet Crochet Shawl Original design

Katchkan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations!!!! Your work is AMAZING and you certainly deserve to be published!!!!P.S. The shawl is outstanding - so detailed and intricate. The color is beautiful as well.

Oh wow, Kathy! I am THRILLED for you! :cheer:cheer:cheer This is so exciting! I too am wanting an autographed copy, do let us know when it comes out so I can get in line for it. :yay This is one shawl I definitely want to make as soon as possible, it's just too gorgeous for words! :hook:c9

WOW! I sure missed this lovely post! Its awesome and being published ! Way to go Kathy! Could you tell me how to add beads so they look like yours? I mean did you sew the beads or crochet them into the piece? Very well done as always!

hugs

Vims

I've been lurking here for about a month and like a few others, finally signed up in response to this thread to say OMG! That is gorgeous and bravo!!!! :clap

I tried my first thread crochet (a round white meshy tablecloth with a pineapple border) almost 15 years ago (doesn't seem like it :eek) and was fascinated wtih the whole process of working that, although it took forever. The center part of it appears to be what everyone is calling filet (solid parts amongst a design). I think that once I get it washed and bleached, I'll post a pic.

I still have a spool or two of extra #10 white cotton that I bought to make something else some day. Some day.... :P This pattern would be great for so many things! :hook

I've been lurking here for about a month and like a few others, finally signed up in response to this thread to say OMG! That is gorgeous and bravo!!!! :clap

I tried my first thread crochet (a round white meshy tablecloth with a pineapple border) almost 15 years ago (doesn't seem like it :eek) and was fascinated wtih the whole process of working that, although it took forever. The center part of it appears to be what everyone is calling filet (solid parts amongst a design). I think that once I get it washed and bleached, I'll post a pic.

I still have a spool or two of extra #10 white cotton that I bought to make something else some day. Some day.... :P This pattern would be great for so many things! :hook

Welcome to Crochetville. I feel honored to be your first post and to bring you out of the Kingdom of Lurk.

We will all look forward to your pictures and post in the future.

Welcome to Crochetville. I feel honored to be your first post and to bring you out of the Kingdom of Lurk.

We will all look forward to your pictures and post in the future.

Thanks for the welcome! :D This is such a great place. With so many of us having had to learn how to do needlework the old-fashioned way over the decades, often stumbling along by ourselves, it's good to see a universal place where there's so much positivity and help and support 24/7 for anyone new to crocheting and other needle crafts. :hook

Look forward to the publication and congrats! :yay

Oh wow Kathy!! My computer has been down and this is the first chance I've had to get on-line and see this masterpiece of yours! Way to go!!!! It is absolutely stunning!!! :clap Congratulations on being published!!!! You more than deserve that! Your designs are always so wonderful and awe inspiring! :hug

kathy, thats is fantastic news. you did a great job as always. i admire your talent very much. i love the things you make and am so happy for you that you were accepted. i think they know a good thing when they see it:lol :lol , bet you sell lots more patterns. congratulations once again and thanks for sharing it with us:hug :hug

i really like your shawl. the color is unexpected and the design is both modern and bit old fashioned too. it makes me want to try something with thread. i lobe the subtle beads along the edge. amazing and beautiful. :c9

tracy

Archived