USpolishgirl

Lace Topped Basket

Hello again:)

While ago I came a cross of a set of 3 baskets sold at Herrschners as a kit. It was not expensive, it was even on sale. BUT I have that huge skein of blue cotton yarn left from that dinning table set I made last year for my daughter. And I thought that would be a good project to used up that yarn that I already have. I can make baskets any size without pattern. But I just needed to figure it out how to make that "lace" on the top. I wanted to look very similar to those at Hersschners. This smallest basket. Here are few pictures how I did that.

Those first couple pictures was work in progress:

1) Basket and "Lace Topper" I made separate = 2 pieces

2) That was how it looked when I put that Lace topper on

3) I connected those two pieces on top with reverse sc stitches - one round.

4) Filled that up with chocolates just for fun (for that picture)

Now I just need to make two more of them! LOL

Do you think my basket looks similar to those on that Hersschners picture?. Here is that link:

https://www.herrschners.com/product/village+yarn%26%238482-+lace-topped+kitchen+baskets+(set+of+3)+crochet+yarn+kit.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

Krys

PS: I took those picture on that wooden basket to avoid that awful "glair" from my dark table

post-73590-0-13324700-1467922700_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-69919400-1467922735_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-33692800-1467922756_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-94715800-1467922781_thumb.jpg

Edited by USpolishgirl
  • Like 1

Great job and very cute! You did an outstanding job matching the Herrschners' kit baskets.

Very cool and yes perfect.  Looks like the original pattern from Herrschners.

Wow! You really did a great job. They look identical.

What a pretty gift.

Very pretty and looks the same with one exception- I like your shape better! Using the basket for your prop was a good idea too.