Afghan Issue - reworked two times and count is still off

sherrysimons

Question

I am working the Tatiana Afghan Pattern published by Herrshners and am having an issue with row 37.  The instructions read as follows:

Chain 3 (counts as first dc), dc in next dc, ch 1, sk 1 dc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, sk 1 dc, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, *(dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, sk1 dc) twice, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1; rep from * around.

So if a [ represents a dc and a _ represents a ch 1 and skipped space here is what I came up with:

[[_[[_[[[[ (with a chain one space in the middle of the four dcs with no skipped stitch.  Did I get this right?

I am having an issue with my count being off by 5 stitches when I finish the row.  I have redone this twice and am losing my mind trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

4 answers to this question

* (dc in next 2 dc, ch 1, sk1 dc) twice, dc in next 2 dc, ch 1

means you do this:  dc, dc, ch1/sk1, dc, dc, ch1/sk1, dc, dc, ch1.  then start over at the asterisk.

so what you have looks right to me.  Are ou positive you have the right number of stitches at the end of the previous row?

You might look on the Herrschner's site to see if they have any corrections listed for the pattern.  Or contact their customer service for help with the pattern.  

...and welcome to the ville!  

I have double counted the previous row twice and have checked for a correction at Herrshners but they have discontinued this publication.  I've sat down and done the math and I do believe that it has to be a pattern error.  I've gone back and reworked the previous round to make it a little longer (I just threw in a few more two in one stitches).  I just finished reworking this round and the count has come out correctly this time. 

I'm about ready to pull out my hair with this one.

Thanks so much for your help.  Makes me feel better that I haven't lost my pattern reading ability......

Archived