sl st in tip of spoke 1

ingratta7

Question

Hi - I am stumped with this instruction.  I am making a series of doilies which are then sewn together to make a shawl...each "doily" is made up of 6 spokes.  in the last spoke it says to sl st in tip of spoke 1...can anyone help?

12 answers to this question

it is on lion brand website - I am trying to attach the link but they are asking me to reset my password so annoying...not sure if you are a registered member - it is pattern # L50083 made with Vanna's Glamour - wedding capelet.  u could probably google it and find it as well

Well that's annoying, they changed their website it appears.  I'm waiting for a new password mail from them too now, and it's been a while.

I was able to look at the pic and in-progress photos a little closer via Ravelry projects, it looks like it's made of round motifs that look like swirled 'arms', and I'm seeing what looks like picot stitches at the edge of each motif.  It appears that they join at the tips of the picots.

Slip stitches are often used to move from where you ended a round to a new spot for the next instruction. I suspect that they want you to get to the tip of the spoke so you're ready to join it to another motif. It's a join as you go.

oh boy that is annoying, having to re-sign up at Lion brand. 

but did get in and downloaded the pattern.  Happily, they included a nice diagram of the pattern.  Ingrata, can you look at that and orient yourself to where you are supposed to do the slip sttich?  

i got it by starting a new account. first i entered my old email and what i think was probably my password but that didn't work.  so since i have a newer email, i started over with that.  i hope  there is something "new and improved" on the new site to make it worth the wait for you Granny Square, and anybody else who has to wait to get in to it.  

Archived