Octopuses for premature babies

Apak

Here are my first two octopuses. I made them for a charity action - "Octopuses for premature babies". They are given to the hospital, then sterilized and put into prematures' incubators. They are the only toys permitted. The octopus' tentacles remind umbilicar cord. The babies hold and squeeze it and play with it. So the octopus prevent pulling the tubes.

The octopus has to be done with cotton and have specific size. I enjoyed making those two and I'm sure I'll make more.

post-30828-0-63709900-1465835534_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-17615200-1465835546_thumb.jpgpost-30828-0-09711900-1465835558_thumb.jpg

Here you can read about the action and find the pattern for octopuses:

http://mynomadhome.com/octopus-for-a-preemie-osmiorniczka-dla-wczesniaka/

And here is the link to Danish site - the idea comes from Denmark:

https://www.spruttegruppen.dk/danish-octo-project-english/

those are very cute!  and sounds like they have an important purpose, to give the babies something to hold instead of grabbing the tubes.  

your Cyclamen blooms are very pretty too :-)

They are adorable! Sounds like a worthy cause too.

I made 25 of this pattern for a charity and had fun with it. I did make the tentacles longer than the pattern called for and embroidered all the eyes and hearts on.

Super Cute..Thanks for the idea as well my co-worker who I made the baby stuff for  (his grand kids they were triples)  just a few months ago......just found out last week him and his wife are Pregnant again and it looks like Quads!!!!. in December!!!!...(the co-worker) I may look into something like this for the babies......

Thank you! I spent almost an hour looking for the pattern and couldnt find it!

I am going to make one for my baby because I read its soothing for newborns as well.

Apparently there is no program in the U.S. for the octopus.

Archived