ankle bracelets

mstigestn

Question

3 answers to this question

I assume they are pre-drilled?  I can't imagine anything but a mess if I tried to drill them myself.

There's 2 ways to add beads while crocheting; string all of them on the yarn first and pull them into the stitch when you need them, or pull the thread thru the hole in the bead/shell as you come to the stitch you want them in (you could use the wire from a twist tie to pull the yarn thru) and then use the loop you pulled thru to finish the stitch.  Or 3, sew them on after, which I might be inclined to do with shells if they're really delicate.

edit - here is a tutorial that shows both.  She shows using a tiny hook to pull the thread thru; I just thought a twist tie might be handier.  Or, you could also use a piece of sewing thread instead of a wire if the hole is big enough; to use the thread or wire, lay the yarn over the short piece of wire, bring the ends of the wire together (so it's captured the yarn close to where you'll be making the stitch with the shell) and pull the wire and subsequently the loop of yarn thru the bead/shell.

I've added pre-drilled tiny seashells to bracelets by inserting a split jump ring to each shell then attach to the bracelet. You can do this with crochet also by crocheting into the jump ring instead of the shells. They do dangle a bit

If you would prefer it to look something like this ankle bracelet (not mine), then you would make it like crocheting with beads (like GrannySquare mentioned in post #2).

If you have a style you are interested in, please post a link to it for reference.

Archived