Sp TrCl stitch

vpasqua

Question

9 answers to this question

maybe the instructions are not counting the loop you had on the hook before starting this stitch.  or maybe the 4 is a typo and should be a 5.  

What comes after this ?

also what is the name and location of the pattern?  

When doing clusters, you start with 1 loop and add 1 loop for every incomplete stitch.

I see 4 stitches (2 on each side) + initial loop = 5 loops for the final pull through.

The most important thing is that it looks right to you. You may have to do another row/round to tell. There's no such thing as the Crochet Police coming to tell you that you did it "wrong."

This is the pattern, Eye Candy Doily#98974N, design by Marsha Seiber, sold by Mary Maxim.

I just contacted Mary Maxim and the crochet department tried the stitch and agreed, you end up with 5 loops. No corrections are listed for this pattern yet, but she believes it may be a typo. She is going to contact the design dept. and get back to me, could take a few days.

post-77773-0-27440500-1464717391_thumb.jpeg

Glad you got a timely response from Mary Maxim!  Gotta love a company that has good customer service!  :)

I had wondered if you were to pull a loop thru 4 of the loops on the hook, then do something different with the remaining loop on hook, but it doesn't look that way.  

Archived