Beaglelady

Waffle Weave

Question

https://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=4460&cat_id=506&classification_id=B

I ordered the download - but now I'm am *so* confused the way the basic directions are written for this in SC...I can't get it figured out.   Does anyone know if there is a video tutorial on this.   I find the DC/front post one.  

2 answers to this question

Appearance-wise, it reminds me of thermal stitch - not sure if that's what's in your book.  Sometimes the same stitch has more than one name.  

This does not use a post stitch, instead it is a variation of SC that uses different loops than you are used to using--part of the prior row and part of the row before THAT.

Here's a Tunisian Waffle stitch, but it doesn't look quite the same and I suspect it's not the one in your book, but just FYI,  The only other one I could find used DC.

Thank you!!!   This video makes sense and I can understand it.    in the learn to book, I think It's the way the directions were written: for row 2;  Ch 1* insert hook from bottom to top under front lp of beg.ch (this was the back bump of beg ch that was not used in row 1; it became the front lp when you turned your work), insert hook from bottom to top under front lp of sc of row 1 directly above ch, yo, draw through 2 lps, yo and draw through 2 lps on hook; repeat across, turn.   THEN: row 3 ch 1, *insert hook from bottom to top under front lp of sc in row 1 (two rows previous, the front lops form a horizontal line across the bottom of the piece), insert hook from bottom to top under front lp of sc in row 2 (previous row), (yo, draw through 2 front lps, yo and draw through 2 lps on hook; rep from * across, turn.