Adding a new skein with slippery yarn

Minty-Goodness

Hello!

I found a blouse on YouTube that I plan on making with a yarn called luv Baby(the link is at the end of the post) and while it's so soft and easy to work with, it is so slippery! It doesn't hold knots well and I've tried doing every type of join possible from the double knot to the Russian join and it will not hold.

How can I join two skeins together with this yarn without it coming undone on me?

http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/easy-knit-tricot-facile-marotex-bebe-luv-baby-georga

I never use knots for changing skeins of yarn. To change skeins, start the last stitch of the old yarn, but don't complete it. When you're ready for the last yo, pull through 2, drop the old yarn. Pick up the new yarn and complete the stitch.

Make sure both skeins have at least a 4-6" tail. (Slippery yarns need extra long tails.) Crochet a couple of stitches over both tails to anchor them. Weave each tail in different directions.

another idea is to crochet a few sts with the old and new yarn held together---those sts will be a bit bigger than the rest but depending on the pattern it may not be very noticeable.   or crochet at least one stitch w/ both yarns.  in some yarns i find this to be much more stable than pulling the new yarn thru as the last step of the stitch---and sometimes when i do this it is pretty unstable so i have to knot the yarns togetner temporarily.  in any case do leave long tails to weave in.

there are some yarns that are so slippery that they are really difficult to work with and even tho they may be beautiful they just arent worth it.....so if i were you i might seek out a different yarn, honestly

Thanks for the suggestions. :) Below is the top I plan on making. Would the suggestions posted here work for this top? I'm so used to using knots so I don't know if these methods would work.

http://aprendendocroche.com/receitas-de-croche/video-aula.asp?resid=1356&tree=16

The yarn isn't super slippery but it is compared to the worsted yarns I'm used to that have more grip to them. It's a light weight yarn and I've checked out other brands and I have yet to find another brand that offers the amount(in yards) that the Luv Baby has for less that $4 a skein.

my suggestion would be to use a cotton yarn as in the pattern.  or maybe a cotton-acrylic blend.  yes it will cost more probably but i think for a garment the results will be a lot better.  

Archived