Looking for Doily for top of Organ

brendaKbrown

Question

My mom has a norgan and I wanted to crochet a doily scarf to go on top and around the music stand. I haven't seen anything like that so wondered if anyone knew of such patterns. I am blind so can't see pictures. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

4 answers to this question

I didn't see one but that doesn't mean there isn't any.  I did sort of find upright piano covers but they are in Japanese books and I have no idea which.

Maybe you could use a table runner or dresser scarf pattern that is made up of strips or squares and make it to the size you want. 

Here is the free runner search on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#availability=free&photo=yes&craft=crochet&query=table%20runner&view=captioned_thumbs&sort=best

If it doesn't have to be thread, how about something like this sampler shawl that you again, make to the size you want:  You could use a thinner yarn so it isn't too bulky.

http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/aran-wrap.html

Or an afghan might work.  Again sizing it as needed and maybe thinner yarn.

Hope that helped some.

Good Luck!

I too would recommend a runner to go behind the music stand with a addition on each side of one of the long edges of the runner to come forward towards the keyboard, like a squared long C. 

Or, a runner with one crochet square joined on one of the long edges. Then add a border to go on all sides.  Oh, I hope I'm making sense here.

ETA: Maybe you can blow this black line drawing up enough to be able to see the shape I am referring to:

post-17452-0-29712900-1463948396_thumb.jpg

I agree with Empress Busy Bee, I think using a small thread motif pattern might be the way to go.  It would be easier to assemble them into an odd shape like ReniC drew, a rectangle with a notch indented into one long side to make room for the music stand.

I know pianos are all different.  On mine, the top is very narrow with brackets behind the music stand which would have made a long doily impossible, so I made two small rectangular doilies, one for each side of the music stand.  I'm not sure if that would work for you, just throwing out the idea.

Archived