Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Katie Tues was the anniversary of losing my Foxy.  She was very special to me much like your Ginger.  She was the only furbaby that I was their number 1.  

Another day of sunshine but the temps dropped to 28° and not warming up very fast. Dh took the day off to put up the snow fence, put away our big planting boxes and put the tarp up to keep snow out of the woodshed.  This morning we ran a few errands among them picking up a turkey.

I came down with a uti a couple of years ago and wound up just going to the walk in clinic that day at Walgreens rather than wait until I could get in at the drs office days later.  I keep saying before long you will have to go to one dr to treat your right thumb and another to treat the left one.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all thanks Tampa and be careful going out today  i am still wondering what hand out pickles are ok lol  

bgs i have a pic of my ginge in the craft room as she was always where mama was and she still stands watch over me im sure 

and i can feel her love still 

and i too think of mini  every day and hope she is healthy and happy in her families  home as she sure demanded full attention

hoping she gets plenty of it  she was my girl too and i miss her tremendously but its different in that of course   that she is hopefully safe and happy but she is still not here with me  sometimes i think i hear her calling for me as she did that now and then to make  sure i was some where close by and then when i told her i was here she would come to me to make sure lol 

ah well broken hearts are no stranger to any of us i know  as we have  all seen many dark and painful days with many reasons for the  shadows  that seem to smudge and  penetrate,threatening our very souls        

Some as in deaths stay for a very long time  I've discovered but are in time replaced,,  or maybe softened is a better word,  with the good times we remember with those that have gone before us to a better place      

oh boy gotta get some more stuff done more later on ok stay well stay safe   :ghug 

sure got chilly huh brrrr   I    didn't accomplish too very much today but every once in a while one has to just take a me day off you know   will catch up with it tomorrow i guess just did the essentials you know few dishes gathered up the dirty clothes and towels and wiped off the stove and counters a bit  vacced the craft room and hall and straightened up things generally but nothing major for sure   nothing going on later either  im sort of night blind so seldom go or drive anywhere at night unless handy is driving lol

later this month im going in for an eye test and probably have to get tri- focals  by now lol oh well huh just wanna see good so i guess ill put up with it 

well im winding down and will sign off for now so have a good one all see ya tomorrow!! oh just heard maybe some snow friday night!!   uh oh lol  :2snowman      

Katy! I just got your squares! Thank you so much! They are very nice!

the top squares are from Mary Jo and the bottom ones are from Katy! Thanks guys! So pretty!!

IMG_1117.JPG

Charis pretty squares.  I have some ready to package and take to the PO as I finally got those ends worked in last night.

After only 2 days of sunshine we are back to dark and gray.  Its drizzling off and on.  It warmed up over night into the 50's so its comfortable out.  Yesterday and today I saw the white and gray cat.  There is a black cat that we see sometimes and had to stop and remember TC was in the house.  It jumped out of a tree yesterday and really startled me.  Trying to get some dusting done but keep getting distracted.  I hate doing it mostly because it seems like such a lost cause and it stirs up my allergies.   I swear I can dust in the morning and by evening more has settled.  

sure got chilly huh brrrr   I    didn't accomplish too very much today but every once in a while one has to just take a me day off you know   will catch up with it tomorrow i guess just did the essentials you know few dishes gathered up the dirty clothes and towels and wiped off the stove and counters a bit  vacced the craft room and hall and straightened up things generally but nothing major for sure   nothing going on later either  im sort of night blind so seldom go or drive anywhere at night unless handy is driving lol

later this month im going in for an eye test and probably have to get tri- focals  by now lol oh well huh just wanna see good so i guess ill put up with it 

well im winding down and will sign off for now so have a good one all see ya tomorrow!! oh just heard maybe some snow friday night!!   uh oh lol  :2snowman      

well saw that above post and must not have posted it lol  

aw a little cat huh wont be long you might be feeding it??

dusting always is a prob  we used to live a little way off a dirt road i tell ya you dont know dust till that happens!! lol

and washing windows there fugitaboutit lol  

well went for my 6 month check up and doc was very happy with my numbers!! Said to keep up the good work!! my

glucose and aci and cholesterol are so good he took me off a couple meds now yay lol  but then my blood pressure was a bit hi so am to watch that

for the next few months so ill have to get a blood pressure cup i always thought about it but now ill have to buy one for sure i guess lol

but all in all im:manyheart

happy to get a good report card any day lol so that made my day  i know my sis had a cancer dr appt today but dont know how that went yet  i hope she gets a good report card too oh and i got  my flu shot but not the pneumonia as i would have to pay for that as i am not old enough for ins to pick it all up yet  and that is like 150 bucks i guess 

but  that is   ok though as 

one shot and two tubes of blood and one A+ pep talk  with cheers :cheeran the rest of it all 

are plenty for me for one day lol  sure got my excersize there though with all those long hallways lol  

lego art new thing    display here in town though 20 bucks for adults and 17 50 for kids sounds hi huh

thats about all i got  im tired but happy so ill go and wind down a bit so see you all soon 

charis  gad they arrived and glad you liked them  !!  :D

Katy glad you got a good report on your check up.  I saw on the news that they have dropped the numbers for normal on blood pressure so that most of us now are considered to have high blood pressure.  Mine spikes just setting foot in the dr office and the longer my wait the higher it gets.  I have to close my eyes and focus on my breathing to bring it down.  When I would have it checked at work and when my mom checked it it was ok.  We have put food out for cats off and on for years especially when its really cold out or there is snow or when one wanders through and looks like it needs fed or in the case of the one last summer it fussed at dh until he fed it.  We live on a gravel road and anymore the stuff they use is mostly a fine dust with small gravels in it.  It is supposed to compact down between the rain and traffic on it but If we go a long time with no rain the traffic kicks up a lot of dust.  It gets so bad it just hangs in the air and looks like fog over the field across from us.  Is it a lego exhibit?  They had some really neat ones on exhibit at Powell Gardens a few years ago.  They have a Legoland at Crown Center.  I dont know how much they charge but most of the time adults arent allowed in unless they are with a child so I have never been through it.

I am loving this weather.  No long pants yet, but soon.

Katy, I was going to make Christmas pickles to hand out with my cards.  There is a tradition that you hide a pickle in the tree and who ever finds it gets an extra present.  Like cooks or so.  No one knows where or how this started, some say it is German, others say it is from the mid west  who knows, but I think it is a fun game.

I finally finished the card hand outs and will get pictures today.

I am now on to the new tote.

Hey Brenda some morons are saying the Giants should win this weekend.  I sure would like to know what they are taking.  Oh and this same group says if the Eagles do not win, their season does not mean anything.  Off to yell at the TV.

Have a fun day today. 

Well Mary Jo I thought I had heard the Chiefs were the favorite and are predicted to win by 10 points.  Of course when I hear that it makes me nervous that they will lose.  Also seems like I heard that that they should be able to beat the remaining teams they have left to play.  Did you see the pickle ornament on the Redheart site.  I thought it was really cute.  Its knitted but I know you knit.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/jolly-pickle-ornament

It was cold and drizzling this morning.  Thankfully it was above freezing. Took another load to the thrift store.  Spent the rest of the day with sis and niece.  Raked a few leaves---much easier when wet.  Finalized Thanksgiving plans.

Yeah Brenda I saw the pattern and that is one of the ones I used.  I was not happy with the crocheted one, but I did make it anyway.

Here are the pickles. The one with the hat is the knitted one.  The little ones are made with size 2 yarn.  The glass ones you talk about, is what they say were hidden in the tree.

Jolly Pickle (2).JPG

Jolly Pickle 01 (3).JPG

Now I have finished the angels for my give away.  Here is what they look like.  I have also finished the Little Brave and you can find him here. The last is Ami Ville.  Someone asked for a picture of it so here is Ami Ville Thanksgiving

Well it is cool this morning, almost time for the long pants.  Going down to 51 tonight, so we are getting close to winter.

Off to make the, yes I am going to say it, Last tote.  I will need help in who to give it to.  If you know anyone please let me know.  You can see who got one here.

Have fun today.

Christmas Angel Pins  (5).JPG

Mary Jo I think your pickles turned out cute but I know how it feels when you arent happy with something you've made.  Little Brave is adorable as are his turkey friends. Like those granny square angels---always like to see different ideas on using granny squares.  Glad you showed us whats going on in Ami Ville.   Looks like a happening place.  Well you know what they say---all good things must come to an end.  Its incredible how many totes you have made and mailed out.  :tyfor each one.   It was such a pleasure seeing each unique tote and reading what you had to say about them.  It was nice sharing stories and memories with each other.  Then there was the suspense each month of maybe this one is for me and then the shock and disbelief when the box arrived and being on :c9 after opening the box. It was always fun trying to figure out the clues and guess where one was going. Thank you for giving us something to look forward to here each month.  I dont know how you managed to do it for so long. I sure couldnt.:nworthy  Doing yours was one of the hardest things I have done especially the pocket-----took me months to get it all together.  

oh so sorry bout foxy Brenda i didn't realize    

i was pleased with my dr visit and know to keep doing whatever i was doing lol cause its working  

mary jo  i am horrified and disappointed why the last tote just tired of them or is there something else going on 

have you mentioned this before and i missed it im just so surprised but really want to thank you for all the joy you have given us 

all and how many smiles you inspire    i will sorely miss seeing your totes i can tell you tha  t 

the pickles are adorable yes and i have never heard that about the one for the tree though thank you for the pics and love the little angels too so much  

Ami-ville is too precious!! 

got a lot done today in prep for the coming holiday lol i have to start early cleaning things to be done im slow with that  of late but i get it done eventually lol 

got a good deal too on ebay 15 of Grishams books on audio for like 20 bucks!! some of them we have withe read or listened to but there are quite a few we haven't been able to find so handy is happy   early Christmas present for him lol 

i think i will ask for a second dvd player for the bedroom tv that way i wont have to play them off the desk top and wear that player out lo i think that is a great idea huh 

well all for now loosing daylight already here i hate these long long dark evenings into night  yuk hate them 

talk to you a bit   perhaps  till then take care     l  

2 hours ago, katyallen8090 said:

oh so sorry bout foxy Brenda i didn't realize    

i was pleased with my dr visit and know to keep doing whatever i was doing lol cause its working  

mary jo  i am horrified and disappointed why the last tote just tired of them or is there something else going on 

have you mentioned this before and i missed it im just so surprised but really want to thank you for all the joy you have given us 

all and how many smiles you inspire    i will sorely miss seeing your totes i can tell you tha  t 

the pickles are adorable yes and i have never heard that about the one for the tree though thank you for the pics and love the little angels too so much  

Ami-ville is too precious!! 

got a lot done today in prep for the coming holiday lol i have to start early cleaning things to be done im slow with that  of late but i get it done eventually lol 

got a good deal too on ebay 15 of Grishams books on audio for like 20 bucks!! some of them we have withe read or listened to but there are quite a few we haven't been able to find so handy is happy   early Christmas present for him lol 

i think i will ask for a second dvd player for the bedroom tv that way i wont have to play them off the desk top and wear that player out lo i think that is a great idea huh 

well all for now loosing daylight already here i hate these long long dark evenings into night  yuk hate them 

talk to you a bit   perhaps  till then take care     l  

Katy maybe after 11 years and over 141 totes ( she has replaced some stolen ones) she finally used up her stash of cotton.  Boy thats a long time and an awful lot of totes.  She really spoiled us.  I cant begin to guess how many hours of her life she devoted to making them.  Like I said I made one and that pocket took me forever. She makes it sound easy and fast.  There is no way I could ever do so many of those.  Back when I got mine there were so many active members I couldnt believe she picked me out of all the others to chose from.   She has mentioned that now we have so few active members that its hard finding someone that she hasnt sent one to.  I thought she might quit back when they came out with the new logo.  Its just sort of a sad place here anymore from what it used to be with everyone leaving and the admins not having time to respond and deal with issues from the last upgrade.  I imagine there were multiple reasons leading to the decision.  Be happy it happened not sad its over.

Good Morning. 

The weekend ended with a big bang.  The Eagles kicked Cowboy Butt.  YEAH!!!:clap:cheer

Ok, now for the tote.  I still have a closet and 6 draws full of cotton yarn.  I thought about stopping after they changed the logo, but I was told we would also keep the old one.  The main problem is that except for those who already have one, no one seems interested in this tote anymore.  I have run out of who to give them to.  So unless I can find someone for this one, it may go to someone who already has one.  I will miss making them.

I can not believe it is almost December, which means I have to get my act together to start working on my charity stuff soon.

Up at 4:30 this morning, so I know I will start dragging soon.

Have a fun day.

good morning

its breezy,heading toward 60,have a dental cleaning at 1 pm

went for our walk,didn't find any rocks,yesterday on the trail found one,we stopped to drop one at the Cracker Barrell,and found one from the OBX,which stands for Outer Banks NC

I am thankful for the friendships made at Crochetville,but these days no one stays around long,need to get Jimmy hooked up for his feeding.

Well Mary Jo I told you I was worried about KC.  Andy had been playing down the hype all week saying NY was a much better team than their record indicated.  You know after listening to his interviews the last few years I really respect him.  He never trashes other teams and always indicates they will have to work at it to beat whatever team they face.  When they lose its a team loss and he accepts responsibility. Glad the Eagles beat the Cowboys.

Back when this place was so  busy I never dreamed it would get to the point Mary Jo would have no one to send a tote to.  Now it will slow down even more as those monthly threads generated a lot of activity.  

Linda it seems anymore people join to seek help and then dont check out the other things but then there isnt much going on to hang around for except the March flurry of activity. 

well imo if they keep taking things away there will be scant little to come for as the  swaps are pretty much gone the wish list gone too and the Cals  few and far between not to mention the very sparse giveaways as i think mjs totes is what keeps that thread alive  the missing admins  when you need help you can not  get help  or the common threads like the games, are they still up and running, have not  been there for a long time so i dunno,,  just i think lack of interest, or maybe the admins are off on their own new projects that take up more time,and attention and  the feelings of  neglect if we need help,to get back seems to be coming last on their list of priorities  and  deters us from coming back at all  and we  lost a lot in that respect i think   i also saw a big decline  when they started facebook, but thought  it would  slowly build back  up  but so far i dont see much improvement  i know the ville lost lots with down time,and being kicked off  and not being  or cant get help getting  back,a lot members  just  give up i dunno other than that, i don't know the future, not for the ville, or this thread even.. i know they are busy we all are i guess with real life but perhaps putting or   delegating some job s to others  might free up some problems and time too for them 

i dont want the ville to just go away someday you know  and at least on this thread since i dont do facebook one never is advised of new happenings here at the ville  not about important matters anyway like down time or something  seems we go for weeks even months without anyone checking in on us or letting us know they are still out there somewhere you know  makes me sad it does    its what we have for now i guess and so what can i say   i liked the earlier days a lot more lol   so much more to see and do here  so many active threads to check out  so many members   

i hope we an breathe new life into the ville but it may take more than just us can do  unless we get some new members here on this thread soon we will probably have nothing to do and i dont want to lose the friends i've made here this too would be a dark dark day  

well for what its worth my little opinion speech has now come to a close lol coffee and donuts in the adjoining room everyone!!!  ( steps aside so as not to get trampled in the pending stampede)       :lol:ty

Hi all, hope you don't mind me just dropping in to this thread :-)

Mary Jo, you have done a really generous and gracious thing for a long time!  I can imagine you will miss making the totes. I can't think of any other examples where someone has done a similar thing so consistently and for so long.  You put some real artistry into the totes.  When I got mine I was truly bowled over by the work in it, especially the pocket.  Having seen photos before that, I knew they were beautifully made, but then I got mine and could really see and feel the stitches...wow!  I would never be able to do that and get all the color changes so neat and spaced just right.  Brenda, you talked about the time and effort it took you to make one tote; it would literally take me forever to make one!  

So anyway, Mary Jo I just wanted to let you know I appreciate what you've accomplished in making all of the totes :hook :artist

Magic you are  welcome to drop in here anytime.  It probably took me a month just to get the colors lined out.  I knew I wanted blues and wanted it different from any Mary Jo had made cause you know she made them all different.  The main bag parts didnt take too long but that pocket took forever.  That was my first attempt at anything like that and what a challenge.  For awhile I didnt think I was going to get it done.   I had to frog it so many times I thought I was  going to wear the thread out.  Then I had to take a couple of stabs at assembling all the parts.  I didnt get things lined up quit right initially.  FINALLY bag done.  Mary Jo names and writes something with each one.  That took me some time too.  She makes the whole process look so easy.   I always appreciated her before but after going through the entire process for only one-----it just totally blew me away that she did one each month and did so many.

Just puttering around organizing and cleaning for Thurs.  Going to make a couple of pies soon.  I never mastered making pie dough and gave up when finding the boughten was good enough.  Put cat food out in the shed and saw the cat for a bit.  Makes me happy yet sad to see it.  Today its been 1 month.  

On 11/20/2017 at 6:58 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning. 

The weekend ended with a big bang.  The Eagles kicked Cowboy Butt.  YEAH!!!:clap:cheer

Ok, now for the tote.  I still have a closet and 6 draws full of cotton yarn.  I thought about stopping after they changed the logo, but I was told we would also keep the old one.  The main problem is that except for those who already have one, no one seems interested in this tote anymore.  I have run out of who to give them to.  So unless I can find someone for this one, it may go to someone who already has one.  I will miss making them.

I can not believe it is almost December, which means I have to get my act together to start working on my charity stuff soon.

Up at 4:30 this morning, so I know I will start dragging soon.

Have a fun day.

Since you mentioned missing making those totes. I just thought that maybe if you would change the design to a very different style bag and you could start over again..?. I know, you might not think that is a good idea LOL. Maybe is not, I do not know.

There are many ways to bring new members here. I do have some idea how to go about that. BUT, to even attempt to try to do that at least one of those owners would have to be involved in that. One of the ideas what is my mind is to have a contest here of the best work ( Valentine items or Easter and....). That would need to be "advertised" on Facebook and in other crochet groups. Most of that we could do that by our self's. The problem is we can NOT by our self's set up that computer to count members votes & for all those  new submitted  pictures to be shown the right way (in one group). 

The prize for the winner could be handle  many different ways, no problem. One of could be to charge a 1 dollar or so a fee for admitting each  picture to that contest and get a Gift Card for that winner. At the same time we should schedule some other activity's in our calendar for the future months. So people would see that and get interested & join this group.Not all people are interested in the same things. Our calendar is EMPTY!. It is been that way since I joint this place.  Some people like to do swaps, crochet "together" and other stuff... 

Krys

PS: Sometime ago I wrote in a different thread that: " we are here on our own!". Because no one seems to be in charge here. I think that happened because of that "Sparkle Studio" new business that our owners got in to.  It would be nice IF those owners would got someone to take care of things here before dumping us LOL. Maybe we should ask them: "WHAT their plans are for this group??". I know they are on a Facebook and replying there.

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy day.  Went to the store, thought I would beat the crowd, to get the last of the stuff needed for Thanksgiving.  Boy was the store crowded.

Thank you all for the compliments on the totes, but I think it is coming at the right time.  I guess I am not feel so bad that this is the last one for maybe a while.  It is not that I am tired, but I could use a break from the pressure of what colors and who.  Krys, that is the main reason.  I am running out of people to give it to.

I just have the pocket to make and it is done.

Brenda, I am proud to show mine off, first because you made it and second because you did the pocket without a pattern.

Off to watch some TV and maybe make a dishcloth.

Have a fun night.

Mary Jo that sounds better---- last one for now as opposed to last as in forever.  That leaves us with a bit of hope.  You certainly deserve a break.

Krys sounds like some great ideas.  The last year or so there are daily activities and giveaways in March and then its just dead the other months.  I dont know why people lost interest in the swaps, cals, and wish lists.  I dont know why so many members left.  Any member can start a cal but there have been no new ones started for awhile and when one was no one joined in.  Any member can do a give away.  We had 100 people at one time collecting and sending squares on this thread alone.  You never were required to send squares to receive squares and still arent.  You make and send how many you want to who you want and when you want.  There are just a handful of us still hanging in here.

Archived