Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

9 hours ago, bgs said:

Gee Mary Jo not already!  My dad delivered for Sears for many many years.  Back in the day every appliance we had was from there but it reached a point where he would no longer buy their stuff  because the quality had declined so much.

we lost faith in them,when our Sears hot water heater stopped working and they told us it would be a week till they could fix it,Bill said excuse me,you want us to go without hot water for a week,the other kicker is when Citi bank took over their finance dept.when we didn't use it in six month( credit card,sears) they said they had to drop us,there is no love lost with Citi,they gave Rene' such a hard time when she had credit problems

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it was me and I am so happy it brings comfort to kitty. It's amazing what they love. I can always make more if you need it. I am so happy TC is doing better and comes home soon. 

I would love to know how you made your angels and the stiffener you use. I sure could use a ton of Angels right now. 

I hope everyone is doing well.

morning all  bright as bright sunny day today weather man rates it as a 10 today  1 being a nasty day for comparison lol

hope tc continues to improve aand  can come home soon too miracles can happen and she may be one of them  

mary jo would love to see your angels  i bet they are darling 

well im energized today with all this sun and everything lol so i will leave for a bit and get a few things done and then ill come back   tke care all   later 

good luck at the eye docs linda! 

Dr thought he would send her home today and still might.  He did notice her breathing hard after I was loving on her so he may want to keep her a little longer to see how she does after stimulated which is ok by us.  I really trust and like this guy.

Since they let us go back to see her I have seen a lot of what goes on in the back from surgery and dogs laying all over for recovery.

Sandra I finally made TC her very own and moved mine up higher on the tree.  Sometimes she still got mine but not much.  Hers is in her toy box so she has it all year and then when the tree is out I put hers down low along with other things for her.  I mean after all in her eyes the tree looks like it is full of cat toys just for her. I use different thread angel patterns (flat)and stiffen them with a mixture of water and glue like AvonLady described above.  I recently found some 3 dimensional patterns that use yarn.  They are not horribly big and dont need stiffened to stand.  When things settle down I will see what I can find.

Yes Linda things at Sears really changed through the years and not in a good way.  I still have to stop myself when we need something because for years it was so automatic to get things there.

i think sears stetted going downhill when they first converged or  merged with kmart that is when we first noticed it anyway when we first moved here we got our electric range there as there was a gas one here in place but i would not have that lol so we well handy and i got a new electric range and hood there and handy ran the new conduit and wiring and wala lol that is the last time i was in the store almost 10 years now    

oh my eyes are tired gotta go for now see ya all later he still likes craftsman tools though and he has been there since just not mt  lol

great news about kitty Brenda  miracles do happen keep hope       

Went to pick up my new glasses this morning and they seem to make things better.  Then stopped to see TC.  Not sure where we are today. Didnt see her dr there this morning but he will probably call us later. Yesterday evening she felt well enough to growl and hiss when those strangers came in banging and clanging around. They put her back in o2 for the night (thats when she eats) and had her back out of it today.  She breathes way too hard when she moves or gets excited so she just lays there. Trying to catch up on some things at home

well my goodness she is still breathing hard im thinking the antibiotics as im sure thry are giving her some will kick in soon one woild think   

got a pic here for four scarves i made and i finally foind a use for that light and lifty yarn and trimmed one scarf so far with it  first granny square scarf i ever made too was fun but got ny wrists tired  used a j hook and trimmed it on all four sides of it  it   is the first one below  then three more either straight dc or hdc or combination there of lol dont know that i will trim or do anything else to those we we will see lol  not nearly as nice s Brenda's scarves i love hers but maybe at least four necks that will keep warmer this wintwr huh not much going on today so i will end for now i hope little tc will be better very soon  at least she is earing a bit and drinking some and i feel so good about that!! thanks for the update brend keep um ccoming!! 

000_0304.thumb.JPG.5612dbf722d79aafb6a049d3f51e5091.JPG

000_0306.JPG

000_0309.JPG

000_0307.JPG

000_0310.JPG

53 minutes ago, pineknott said:

I'm so sorry to hear this

Thanks.  dr was going to send her home last night but I told him I was scared to take her so he suggested we come get her this morning because he would be there today if we needed him.  He and his office have been terrific.  Today is dh's bd and I was going to mow so he could stay in the house and spend the day with her.   

Hope kitty gets better! Ive been doing a bit of artime. Just a little bit of crochet. I started a scrap blanket and think I'm going to try and finish my huge horn worm I started a while ago... worried I will run out of green yarn. After that I have a pattern for a slug and a nudibanche to make... I love slugs so am antsy to get the caterpillar finished! 😊

Weathers been cool here in the mornings and warm of the evening... lovely weather. Hubby's knee replacement went well and he's walking now with a cane. 28 staples come out next week.

Have a good evening all!!!

19 minutes ago, owlvamp said:

Oh bgs I am so sorry. That call is the worst. :( It breaks my heart and I'm sure we all can grieve with you. M heart goes out to you. Again I am so sorry. I was hoping for a different turn out. 

I know you are.  When dh tried to hold her she got real bad so we knew but dh did not want to do it today on his bd.  Our appointment is Sat morning if she makes it that long.

This vet and office have been so awesome and a great comfort right down to the guy that cleans the cages.  Vet even said he felt like he got kicked in the gut when he saw her this morning.  Wish we had been using them all these years.  We are trying really hard to embrace a saying we saw---- dont be sad its over be happy it happened.  

oh God im so sorry brenda  if it helps, with ginger, although devastated to lose her, i felt a bit of relief in my sadness and despair,  knowing she was not going to be suffering anymore, and i talked to her, and told her, its ok, just let go girl, i will always love you, but don't worry about us ok.. a little later, she was gone. we felt she was holding out i think as long as she could cause she knew we didn't want her to go, but in the end, we knew it was what was to be, no matter what we thought. She just closed her eyes, and minutes later she was with the angels. the next day i had made a home appt for a mobile vet to come out and put her at peace. she didnt make that day,but i was glad she went here, with us around her as i hated  she was in pain.ill say a few  words for you all and know i am with  you. in heart and spirit to lean on through this heartbreaking time.i dont know what else to do, or say. but im sorry.. so sorry.   :(

Thanks Katy.  I really wanted to do it this afternoon and thought dh agreed but then he decided he wasnt ready.  He will go to work tomorrow and I am the one that will have to go face her through that glass door. I had a very difficult time when Onery came down with congestive heart failure between trying to give him his pills and even worse trying to get him to eat.  He was a shell of his former self and hung in there just for dh.  Foxy on the other hand was a surprise.  She went in the night and we had not a clue.  Her last day was pretty normal.  I remember it was sunny and warm and we chased squirrels away from the bird feeder.  I think she felt that was her job.  She was my heart dog and the only critter in my life to imprint on me.  

Good Morning everyone.  The humidity is gone for awhile.

Oh Brenda my heart is heavy for you right now.  I do not know what to say, except I am there in spirit to give you a big :hug

I am off to get the day started.

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning everyone.  The humidity is gone for awhile.

Oh Brenda my heart is heavy for you right now.  I do not know what to say, except I am there in spirit to give you a big :hug

I am off to get the day started.

Thanks Mary Jo it it means a lot to me.  

That was one heck of an end to the game last night except for the score.

Yeah I saw the game and could not believe the ending.

I did not see the whole game, as the Lightning played last night and won.  I did see the last 1/2. 

Waiting for the sprinkler people.  They said this afternoon. 

Tote is sewn together.  Just have to make the pocket.

Archived