katyallen8090

Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hello All!!!!!  Yes, it's really me!  I'm so sorry that it has been so long since I have visited.  I really have not been on line much at all.  I won't go into detail, but let's just say that the doctors haven't found a miracle cure, lol.  I do so appreciate the cards/notes from the wonderful ladies here.  It's nice to know that I am thought about and missed.  I think of you all so often and I actually have made a few squares during my travel times to/from dr visits.  I just need to figure out who they can go to, then get the addresses!  I won't even attempt reading all the back pages that I have missed.  It would take me forever, lol.  I hope you are all doing well.  Hugs and many blessings to you all.  I'll try to visit again soon and spend some time chatting.

• Like 3

Sandra glad dh may have found a job but sorry about the move. I hope that things turn out to be so much better for you so that you can eventually look back and say it all worked out for the best.

Oh my gosh I am so glad to see you here Ann. We have been really worried.

Lea I have a friend that had to relocate to the Raleigh area years ago to her dh job. She doesnt stay in touch except I might see or hear from her at Christmas. That area wasnt really affected by the hurricane was it? Seems like she is in Cary. When she was moving there she told me (jokingly) that it was short for Containment Area for Relocated Yankees

• Like 3

Hi all boy new job possible new house !! Good point about rivers too Linda!

We wish you a smooth transition when the time comes.

I'm Tampa doll glad you would take Tampa guy goodness who would set up your pics so nicelyLOL.

Long day had chillie today tasted good but good thing I have a few more nexiums left lol. We don't at all like highly spiced an hot anything but this was the mild so we suffered throug it lol

Handy worked on Things outside and I worked on the deck and the inside things and we both got a lot sone today. We are ready now for old man winter to rear his frosty head in our direction now. Nor more tree I. The yard to blow down on or cars or roof!!

• Like 2

Hi Ann thanks for taking some of time and energy to say hi to us. Glad to see you too. Did you get your computer fixed or replaced yet I remember hubby does nt like you to use his for crochet viille. I think he is afraid we will get him into doing squares huh lol.

wonder how Hollly's. little girl is doing. I looked abdominal migraines up and they seem to be pretty common in young girls

And teens hope she is over that now.

Was there anyone else ailing. Hugs for all. ♥❤

• Like 2

Now I just need to put the books I'm keeping all back where they came from and then and I will call it a night!!

Have a good one all Oh that Glow walk looked amazing !! We have something like that here with rooms and rooms of differently decorated Christmas trees. . Takes a long time to see that but it's always a crowd pleaser around the holidays!,

Ok I'm over and out see you all tomorrow.

• Like 1

The wedding was beautiful. Not a whole lot of people showed up, but they said the ones that mattered were there. Here's a picture of my family from today. post-46820-0-57522800-1476587939_thumb.jpg

And one of just the kiddos. post-46820-0-56891300-1476588075_thumb.jpg
The boys were ushers. 

We went to Cracker Barrel after rehearsal last night & it had been a while since we had been. For the 5 of us, our total for food was only like $39. I was pretty impressed because most fast food places up here when we do go out to eat, (which isn't often) is close to $50! We stayed in a beautiful motel, I think it was a Baymont and I told Rc I wanted to pack up the bed and bring it home with us. It was so comfortable! It was king sized, which was HUGE compared to our queen bed at home LOL! The kids slept on the pull out couch that was in our room. The boys were up at the top & since Rosalie insisted on being close to be, she slept at the bottom of Connor's feet and amazingly didn't get kicked at all lol. 

Her and her (almost) 6 year old cousin were inseperable last night/this morning and he came knocking at our door at 6:30 wanting Rosalie to play lol. He stayed in our room until his mom & brother woke up because his daddy (my brother) went with my other brothers to get their hair cut by my cousin in Springfield. 

We went down to the Landing after dinner and walked around. Rc had been wanting to go, and about a block from where we parked, there was a horse & carriage there. We paid for a 20 minute ride for the 4 of us (Connor had gone with my parents back to the motel) and it was pretty neat. I hadn't ever been on a carriage ride before, and I enjoyed it. It was a nice brisk night, and I told Rc next time, I want it to be a carriage ride through Central Park in NYC. He didn't like that idea much LOL! Here are the 4 cousins that were at the landing tonight. The little guy, Chandler, is a HANDFUL!!! He's 7 weeks older than Rosalie. Every puddle of water has to be stomped in! The 2 on the ends are brothers. Tobias & Chandler!   post-46820-0-02596400-1476588483_thumb.jpg

I didn't do much crocheting while we were gone. I took my round ripple I'm working on with me, and finished the color change but didn't start the next one. I was going to work on it on the way home tonight but I think I made it about half way and ended up falling asleep. Oops! 

Edited by jessicali
  • Like 5

Hello All!!!!!  Yes, it's really me!  I'm so sorry that it has been so long since I have visited.  I really have not been on line much at all.  I won't go into detail, but let's just say that the doctors haven't found a miracle cure, lol.  I do so appreciate the cards/notes from the wonderful ladies here.  It's nice to know that I am thought about and missed.  I think of you all so often and I actually have made a few squares during my travel times to/from dr visits.  I just need to figure out who they can go to, then get the addresses!  I won't even attempt reading all the back pages that I have missed.  It would take me forever, lol.  I hope you are all doing well.  Hugs and many blessings to you all.  I'll try to visit again soon and spend some time chatting.

Glad you stopped in to say hi!!!

The wedding was beautiful. Not a whole lot of people showed up, but they said the ones that mattered were there. Here's a picture of my family from today. attachicon.gif14523040_10153703428758239_579545560831932348_n.jpg

And one of just the kiddos. attachicon.gif14721694_10153703410388239_546931213222302397_n.jpg

The boys were ushers. 

We went to Cracker Barrel after rehearsal last night & it had been a while since we had been. For the 5 of us, our total for food was only like $39. I was pretty impressed because most fast food places up here when we do go out to eat, (which isn't often) is close to $50! We stayed in a beautiful motel, I think it was a Baymont and I told Rc I wanted to pack up the bed and bring it home with us. It was so comfortable! It was king sized, which was HUGE compared to our queen bed at home LOL! The kids slept on the pull out couch that was in our room. The boys were up at the top & since Rosalie insisted on being close to be, she slept at the bottom of Connor's feet and amazingly didn't get kicked at all lol. 

Her and her (almost) 6 year old cousin were inseperable last night/this morning and he came knocking at our door at 6:30 wanting Rosalie to play lol. He stayed in our room until his mom & brother woke up because his daddy (my brother) went with my other brothers to get their hair cut by my cousin in Springfield. 

We went down to the Landing after dinner and walked around. Rc had been wanting to go, and about a block from where we parked, there was a horse & carriage there. We paid for a 20 minute ride for the 4 of us (Connor had gone with my parents back to the motel) and it was pretty neat. I hadn't ever been on a carriage ride before, and I enjoyed it. It was a nice brisk night, and I told Rc next time, I want it to be a carriage ride through Central Park in NYC. He didn't like that idea much LOL! Here are the 4 cousins that were at the landing tonight. The little guy, Chandler, is a HANDFUL!!! He's 7 weeks older than Rosalie. Every puddle of water has to be stomped in! The 2 on the ends are brothers. Tobias & Chandler!   attachicon.gif14650755_10153701353978239_472559078245137204_n.jpg

I didn't do much crocheting while we were gone. I took my round ripple I'm working on with me, and finished the color change but didn't start the next one. I was going to work on it on the way home tonight but I think I made it about half way and ended up falling asleep. Oops! 

Sounds like everyone had a great time! Glad things went well.

Fixed my first vegetable soup yesterday. Turned out pretty good! Hubby said it was perfect, so I consider that a win. Now we will have soup for at least 3 meals.

After cleaning on Friday night, my allergies decided to kick my butt. I felt like crap, still don't feel the best. Couldn't stay awake much yesterday so didn't get anything done that I wanted! :( I'm working day shift today and did not sleep well at all last night. Woke up at 2 with a horrible headache. Couldn't tell if it was sinuses or a migraine, so took migraine medicine and regular medicine. Better now... But so sleepy... Going to be a heck of a long 12 hours...

Have a great Sunday all....

• Like 2

Wow Jessicali, the kids look great and it sounds like you had a great time.  I had to laugh at the 6:30 AM wake up call. Loved the pictures.

Ann so glad to see you.

Didn't get to the grocery store, as soon as I left the Ville, it started to pour.  So no sprinklers today.

I am starting the tote for next month and I already have the surprises made.

Still nice out, no humidity.

Well I am off to my corner after breakfast.

Have a great day.

• Like 3

Good Morning

Annie,it was wonderful to see you stopping by for a hello

Jessicali,glad everything went well in your travels,I've always wanted to do the horse drawn carriage thing in NYC also,being a native NY'er,you would have thought it would have been a given,but nope,didn't happen.Did get my carriage ride but it wasn't in NY but somewhere on the outskirts of the Pompeii ruins,not quite the same.

The issue of passports came up last evening,him saying oh,we should renew them,I'm thinking why??I can't even get you to go to NY or NC,and you think we may go to Europe,really??

have a wonderful day everyone

• Like 3

Jessica such nice photos. Glad eveything went well and it sounds like you had a great time.

Tribble having to clean is bad enough without it making you miserable. It bothers my allergies too. Guess we could say we are allergic to cleaning but guess we are stuck at least until we have to start using an epipen. Hope you have an easy shift today.

Gosh Linda a carriage ride around the Pompei ruins sounds pretty neat. Dh made me get a passport when we got married and we have renewed it yet we havent left the country once. It looks like I might need it though since they say there is a problem with the way MO did our drivers licenses so the Feds arent going to accept them for id. I dont know what it was because we had to supply birth certificates documentation for name changes or current passport along with proof of residence.

Yesterday did not go quite as planned. We drove in for bonsai but could not get to our meeting place because of a marathon. Some of us met up at an alternate location and then went to brunch. dh mowed the yard at my dads house and then we went to my sisters house.

• Like 2

Wow Jess you all look so nice And the kids wow precious. I. So glad you all had a grand time!! Nothing like a wedding to bring family and friends together!! I recognize Cracker Barrel's " porch and the chairs. Out are much the same here but they are rockers.

TRib yes you will no doubt have soup for a While and the best thing about that is it even tastes better the second and third times around

And it makes for an easy meal too very little cleanup!!

Wow Linda how wonderful about the ruins I would love to see any ruins at all. Lol I know a gal that's son lives in Beliz and so she has. Been several times and I would have loved to have squished into into her carry on lol just o ne time!! Lol you have been everywhere!!

Tampa how do you go about choosing the colors or do the balls and Cones of cotton volunteer themselves? Lol If so is it a Melee or a more organized say audition or proceedue like take a number or fill out this form and take a seat sort of thing?? Lol I am Sort of picturing a rowdy crowd of cotton vying for the job somewhat un organized and bustling tring to stand out in The crowd of colors to get chosen!! Lol. Yelling Pick e Pick Me and pushing and raising their little hands for the chance of their little lives to become. ""A Mary Jo Tote "" a huge honor and wonderful thing to be!!

BGs I know you're out there working mowing raking and in other words hard at work in some way!, I hope all the little plants are in their Winter shelter for the seasons and your pumpkins ins and witch's decor adorns your windows. I found the perfect house on line once that II imagine you two have and it is where I picture you to be in my mind. lol. It's so darling and have not been able to find it again since so I figure it was meant for me to see then and so be it.

I'm hoping all those ailing ( including fur babies ) are well and or getting there how is Jess feeling owlvamp and Holly" S daughter doing and Carol how are you. BOut time for a Jade pic as well and Tampa looking forward to the new tote soon!!!

Hi to all oh SNowbear question. Did you finish one ghan ?? I noticed you still want six inchers and in springy colors now is this for another ghan or just to add to your on going ghan lol or did I have it mixed up somehow?? Lol that would not be unusuL lol

Immafreak you still out there?... And Katiebug??

Oh cleaning out my books the other day I found the mailing lists /note b ooks for every year I have belonged to this thread. OMG what a blast into the past!!! When I first joined the thread it I think was in 2011 and I started a notebook for whom I sent to and when and whom wanted what and in that first year I joined there were-lots of people names and addresses and postage costs and etc. I glanced through the first book Nd I had gone through the list of people at least. Three times apiece with sending squares. I would do the list then start over and did that twice. The names the people I got to make squares for. I wonder really how many ghans got completed??? I keep t the books each year starting a different book. It is just fascinating. Nostalgic??? Who me??? SEntimental?. WHat?? Lol anyway just wanted to get that out there and say to all those then and now. Thanks to All for allowing me to help you all in your ghans and certainly for the squares you sent to me to complete my ghans!! Just so you know!!!

Well got my.books I'm giving up all researched so will work on getting pics and descriptions on them to post somewhere lol. I have to name a few a hard cover book on crocheted bags which was selling on eBay for 10 plus shipping which they were charging 4 for shipping and some down to smaller soft cover ones on Totes' ,Tunisian crochet one on slouchy hats and kids knit and crochet a couple on plastic canvas and oh I forget what else lol. Wondering if I sell them all In a lot,, or separately. Daughter told me once separately works better for most but I'm not sure. Like to pay only for postage once haha and get them a new home all at once. Only in a perfect world huh. . What do you all think?? ANy advice ladies?????

Okie dokie then over and out go a few I call the piggy back. Chores regarding my bookshelf as I really didn't organize them too well as I was tired last night lol. Do see ya all later and thanks for the sounding. Board LOL laters.

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 2

Oh meant to add I felt like on hoarders you know surrounded by books and picking them up I e by one and either placing them Ina keep pile. Or a pass it along pile sometimes, most times. Undecided lol.

Kept the slipper books the scraps book all the granny books and the afghan books though. Ok now over and out.

• Like 1

Wow Jess you all look so nice And the kids wow precious. I. So glad you all had a grand time!! Nothing like a wedding to bring family and friends together!! I recognize Cracker Barrel's " porch and the chairs. Out are much the same here but they are rockers.

Those chairs are actually on the balcony of the Keeter Center, which is where the reception was held. The view was gorgeous and the food delicious!

• Like 2

It is now October and in a couple of weeks it will be Halloween.  It just did not feel like fall here.  It had nothing to do with the weather.  I could just not put my finger on what was wrong.

This morning the mailman stopped and dropped off a package.  In the package was packing tape, hydrocortisone cream and something I have not seen since I moved down here. 

Sweetzels Spiced Wafers They are a cookie we got starting in October.  This is what I needed.  It is a Philadelphia based company.  http://www.sweetzels.com/  I am now happy and it feels like October.

Sorry, I am just sooooooooooooooooooo happy now.

It is warm and we are getting cloudy.

Oh Katy I wish I could go thru my books.  I have some in boxes under the bed, but the problem is if I move them, the bed will split in the middle.  They are keeping the frame together.  Now these are not pattern books.  I would have everything in the undecided pile.

Well off to watch Football.

• Like 3

Its starting to feel like fall here! Went out and wedded one of the garden beds, transplanted a couple things....

Went to the pumpkin patch with the grands yesterday, then to the movies witht he inlaws and dh, and then back to  inlaws for dinner and the youngest and his wife showed up...

Wonderful day!

Finished a couple quick crochet projects and getting ready to start another....

Dh is cooking dinner tonight so I'll have dish detail!

Jess, loved seeing the family!

• Like 2

It feels more like Aug today--87 degrees and 70% humidity. We mowed here today and my clothes were drenched when I came in and I was on the lawn tractor. After dh showers I think we are going to Perkins to use his bd coupon. I spent this morning going through yarn as my youngest niece wants me to make a throw for the back seat of her car (for her dog). She wants it made like a small dog mat I made a couple of years ago---2 strands and hdc basically any mix of colors. Looks like I still have plenty of inherited yarn to easily fulfill that request.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 2

Hello everyone.

Brenda, thank you for hte beautiful squares. 

post-4459-0-42051000-1476657836_thumb.jpg

Anne, it is so good to hear from you.

Jessicali, it sounds like you all had a great time.

My youngest daughter text yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to the pumpkin patch so off to the pumpkin patch we went. Then I spent some time at their house until it was time to meet my other daughter and her family for dinner, which ended up being a very late dinner and I didn't get home until after 11:30pm but I really had a good time. I went to church this morning and then came home to almost finish the halloween costumes.The fairy costume is for my baby granddaughter, I still need to make the headband for it.

The Rapunzel dress is for my oldest granddaughter, I have to make the wig to go with it. And the skeleton is for my grandson, I used glow in the dark thread to sew the bones on and it looks really cool in the dark.

post-4459-0-37811600-1476658319_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-90479900-1476658342_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-03070300-1476658364_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pictures, maybe some day I'll figure out how to fix it.

Now I'm relaxing on the sofa watching tv.

Have a great evening.

• Like 4

Hello everyone.

attachicon.gifsquares from Brenda.JPG

My youngest daughter text yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to the pumpkin patch so off to the pumpkin patch we went. Then I spent some time at their house until it was time to meet my other daughter and her family for dinner, which ended up being a very late dinner and I didn't get home until after 11:30pm but I really had a good time. I went to church this morning and then came home to almost finish the halloween costumes.The fairy costume is for my baby granddaughter, I still need to make the headband for it.

The Rapunzel dress is for my oldest granddaughter, I have to make the wig to go with it. And the skeleton is for my grandson, I used glow in the dark thread to sew the bones on and it looks really cool in the dark.

attachicon.giffairy.JPG

attachicon.gifRapunzel.JPG

attachicon.gifskeleton costume.JPG

Have a great evening.

so cute!!! I miss figuring out costumes for the littles!

• Like 3

Carol you're welcome. The PO got them there earlier than estimated. Love the costumes. You do such a good job with your sewing machine. On the sideways pictures I have learned to rotate my phone 90° to take the photos so that they will post right side up on here.

• Like 2

Good Morning You All! Its 1:30 AM. I couldn't sleep. So I thought I would catch up on things. How everyone doing? :hug

• Like 1

Good Morning

I was probably just tuning over at that time Snowbear,sorry you couldn't sleep.

I'm out the door early for my yearly eye check,its going to be a long time cause it intersects with his visit to his mom,so it will be 12ish when I get back home,catch you'all later,and have a super day

back from appt.no changes,thats good.was able to catch Bill before he headed out to see his mother,so was back home at 10:30,not bad the eye appt. time was 9:20

Edited by pineknott
  • Like 3

Thanks Linda. It happens a lot to me. I think I still get my days and nights mixed up.  :haha

• Like 2

bgs...  I should use that I am allergic next time and make Mr Tribble do it. Problem is , his allergies are worse than mine... LOL

Katie, yes, I have got to make this soup more often. I do believe I will be making potato soup next week. Trying out a new recipe.

Oh Katy I wish I could go thru my books.  I have some in boxes under the bed, but the problem is if I move them, the bed will split in the middle.  They are keeping the frame together.  Now these are not pattern books.  I would have everything in the undecided pile.

Well off to watch Football.

Glad that our bedframe isn't the only one that is broken. We have had to fix it multiple times! We really need to get a new one, but with finances the way they are I hate spending money on something like that!

It feels more like Aug today--87 degrees and 70% humidity. We mowed here today and my clothes were drenched when I came in and I was on the lawn tractor. After dh showers I think we are going to Perkins to use his bd coupon. I spent this morning going through yarn as my youngest niece wants me to make a throw for the back seat of her car (for her dog). She wants it made like a small dog mat I made a couple of years ago---2 strands and hdc basically any mix of colors. Looks like I still have plenty of inherited yarn to easily fulfill that request.

It was 83 here today. very warm, but beautiful day. I need to mow at least one more time I think. I would mow all year long if winter would just not show up. LOL. I really hate the cold anymore. That's a good idea for the back of the car.

Hello everyone.

attachicon.gifsquares from Brenda.JPG

attachicon.giffairy.JPG

attachicon.gifRapunzel.JPG

attachicon.gifskeleton costume.JPG

Have a great evening.

Oh those outfits are ADORABLE! They turned out awesome. You will have to share pictures of them on the youngins. Little Tribble can't decide what he is going to be, I thought we were going to do a Sonic the Hedgehog Vampire, but now all of a sudden he doesn't seem to want to. He'd best hurry up and decide cause if I have to put anything together to complete the outfit, I will need a bit of time.

Have a great night all!

Edited by Tribble79
  • Like 1

Oh hello all. Got a mild migraine today so haven't been on. Better now though so wanted to pop in and say hello. It might not be a migraine as not the typical symptoms but a hurt-y rotten headache none the les. Lol

I have a few memories of our pumpkin farm. Got lost in a glass house and a corn maze and burned my hot dog too over the camp fire too.I

P

And if that wasn't enough got talked into doing. Zip line. When I finally got to the ground had fun but never again!! It was like my first time off the high dive though you know ..

After at least a year I finally got up the courage and did it and all the rest of my many summer days at our neighborhood pool you could. Never get me off it. Lol

I have a fear of heights did I mention that lol.

And hey don't even remind me about my first ride on a Ferris wheel. I didn't know I knew that much profanity. Needless to say they let me off Imediately lol and moved on to the tilt a-whirl. Lol

The squares are lovely every one just gorgeous!! And t hose costumes Carol precious!!

All for now handy goes twice a week to physical and last week they tried acupuncture and he seems muxh better so he will have that each time too I think it is all helping. Ok enough I guess for now hope all is well with you all and i'See you tomorrow ladies. Sweat dreams all.