Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again.

What I was saying. Lol hope your son I. Law did the weeding Sandra!! PIneknot you are smart to do your

errands I. The am less heat huh??

Have fun Mary Jo knitting!! I learned Years ago from my meemo (Grandma) how to knit. I made scarves and hats and pot holders. She mostly made afghans and crocheted doily so and rag rugs. I taught myself how to crochet probably back in the early 80's and haven't picked up my knitting needles really since. Crochet is so much faster for me than knitting. I still. Have a small ball of the yarn I learned to knit on I have kept it many years. It reminds. Me of the o good times spent with meemo.

I used to use a degreaser and soak handy mans dirty rags and such in the sink with some of that and some tide. Then I would throw them in the washer after soaking and the smell would pretty much be gone. The last bottle I bought I got at the dollar store it was called white lightnin and is a liquid comes I. A spray bottle Found in the .. The cleaner aisle. Worked for me.

I bet that would work on cooking oil smells too maybe!

Well had a sandwich and some chips for supper tonight. The house is staying cool and we didn't want to heat up the stove.

Then we had a couple small scoops of Orange Sherbert!! We love that it was so good too lol

Oh finished that third mat!! Here it be. Bad pic. Didn't get it all but you get it right lol. I think I like this one best?? Lol

post-40621-0-94766200-1469321407_thumb.jpg

Those cotton balls are going down!, I found some solid color sugar and cream or peaches and cream on the top bin in my closet too so I am good o go for a while lol these are easy and not attention hogs just do a few rows as it strikes you. Many cute ones on the Internet,and ravelry and even here I bet !, give it a go you cotton hoarders. I'm one I guess lol.

Ok off for now see ya later. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Long hot day. Glad to be home in my chair. Dh mowed and weedeated at dads house. I sorted and cleaned. Cant believe how much trash was left behind and how filthy it is. Shower curtain covered in mold went directly to the trash. We had a Three Stooges moment when sis was helping me put up the new shower curtain and stepped in the tub forgetting she had the tub soaking in bleach water. At least she only had on socks and just put one foot in. Niece walked in as we were trying to balance the rod and not let the curtain slide off in the bleach water yet get sis out without getting bleach on the rug.

Hopefully it was because it was too good of a deal to pass up and not because he didnt notice.

Tribble around here most people with window units leave them in year round and cover them in winter. Most units are so large you dont want to mess with them anymore than you have to.

How is the hibiscus doing?

#1 I enjoy watching the sea lions at our zoo.

Still under heat advisory. Think we will skip our bonsai meeting in the morning and try to get the mowing done at dads house before the worst heat of the day. I should be working outside but just cant want to. TC wants me to chase her and throw her yarn balls anyway until her nap time

Quick check in, been busy here... lol, not much time to play online. The hibiscus is doing well. For the last week we have had a bloom each day. Our Airconditioners are very small. We tried covering the windows one year. Our cats and dogs just rip up the plastic so it was back to removing them each year... :(

It must have been where it was replanted. On a side note, the rosebush I planted looks TERRIBLE, I think It may be dead. I hope it perks up....

Sea lions are adorable, #1crochetfan. I love them. Of course I have yet to find an animal I dislike.

Okay all, have a wonderful morning I will talk to you all later.

Good Morning

when will I learn,when I get up at a reasonable hour 6:30,not to go back,now I'll be feeling fuzzy all day

last night on the 11 pm news,they were saying it was still in the mid 90's,ugh

stay cool,and have a great day

Good Morning,  Daphne one way to se if your rose bush is dead or not, cut a piece, if it is all brown, it is gone, if it is bendable and green on the inside, it is still alive.  This sounds silly, but coffee grounds (used) mixed with egg shells, sometimes help.  It keeps them moist and give them who knows what.

The hooks are down and the needles are up.  This is going to be fun.  It is like working on a graph, but with big balls of yarn, no bobbins.

Try and stay cool everyone.

the one thing I noticed,somethings stop growing in the heat,I'm noticing it on the tomato plants,for about a month now,I've had the yellow flowers,but its not progressing from there,and then the flowers are just falling off,last year at this time I had to pick daily,with enough for two salads,this year so far I've picked 3 yes 3 tomatoes total.Last year was hot but not so extended into week after week.

If this keeps up,I may not plant anything next year,the heat is really draining me.

PIneknot you are right. It is the heat sometimes as plants shut down to conserve their moisture. Our tomatoes even though watered every day are not looking good and the green peppers handy says are all but dead. Too much heat I guess. By this time I. Other years we are giving them away to neighbors you know!

Oh. BGs. I had to laugh at your shower curtain story lol. Wish it had been on video lol. Once daughter and I were trying to get a big over stuffed chair up or down some steps well it was so awkward and so heavy and we were having such a Hard time with it and we of course both started laughing and you know when you are laughing you loose all your strength. We did and finally we just left the chair where it landed until someone came to help us lol

You just have a ball knitting mj lol. Sounds like a sort of tedious project?

Hello trib and crochetfan. Hope all is well with you both!

Well it is supposed to be milder out today as the dew point is down and so the humidity. That is what drains the acs. They can't keep up when it is that humid. We are comfortable with just the central unit coming on and off today plus it is overcast for now.

Big improvement t o er the last several days for sure.

Well I got a couple things to do so I will go for now. Everyone stay cool if you can

Hi all. Just realized I only have 2 weeks to finish the baby blanket for my friends baby shower, but I'm almost done. We took the kids to Steak 'n Shake for lunch, then went to Walmart to get the kids their "rewards" for their monthly chores, then did some grocery shopping. Now I just have to relax for the next 3 1/2 hours before I go to work. Went to WIC for the baby on Wednesday, she weighs 14 pounds 10 ounces now ! ????

post-39682-0-85936300-1469383774_thumb.jpg

Its supposedly cooler out today but its already 96 degrees out.

Plants expend a lot of energy producing flowers and fruit so when it gets too hot they stress and go in preservation mode and drop the ones they made and stop producing new ones until the plant is no longer stressed. If any of you remember the photos from our spring bonsai exhibit and remember the azaleas that were in full bloom. All of those blooms were removed after the show because they take energy away from the tree.

Yeah katy it was funny. It is tight quarters and sis was trying to make room for both of us to hold the rod when she stepped into the bleach water.

Good Morning,  Daphne one way to se if your rose bush is dead or not, cut a piece, if it is all brown, it is gone, if it is bendable and green on the inside, it is still alive.  This sounds silly, but coffee grounds (used) mixed with egg shells, sometimes help.  It keeps them moist and give them who knows what.

The hooks are down and the needles are up.  This is going to be fun.  It is like working on a graph, but with big balls of yarn, no bobbins.

Try and stay cool everyone.

Im going to have to check, it looks pretty bad, lol. Poor rose.

the one thing I noticed,somethings stop growing in the heat,I'm noticing it on the tomato plants,for about a month now,I've had the yellow flowers,but its not progressing from there,and then the flowers are just falling off,last year at this time I had to pick daily,with enough for two salads,this year so far I've picked 3 yes 3 tomatoes total.Last year was hot but not so extended into week after week.

If this keeps up,I may not plant anything next year,the heat is really draining me.

Are tomatoes are doing okay. We are getting around 2-3 large tomatoes a day from the garden and 20-30 grape tomatoes. 2-3 cucumbers, and a zucchini every other day. Last year our garden did NOTHING! we ended up eating tons of friend green tomatoes, no complaint from me other than the mess of frying them.

Hi all. Just realized I only have 2 weeks to finish the baby blanket for my friends baby shower, but I'm almost done. We took the kids to Steak 'n Shake for lunch, then went to Walmart to get the kids their "rewards" for their monthly chores, then did some grocery shopping. Now I just have to relax for the next 3 1/2 hours before I go to work. Went to WIC for the baby on Wednesday, she weighs 14 pounds 10 ounces now !

She's adorable! Goodess. Little tribble is 6 and just got to over 40 pounds. He was a big newborn but took forever for him to start gaining weight.

Have a great night all.

Hi all! I know, I know, it's been a while. My tablet won't let me log in most of the time. I have, however been thinking of you all and hoping everyone is well!

I've been trying to crochet, but with all the humidity my yarn keeps sticking to me :( and I can't work like that :lol But the kids seem to enjoy that...we now spend more than 1 hour at the park almost daily. Usually close to 2 now...or longer depending on the weather.

I hope all or well, better, or mending! :ghug I hope to be back on again soon! If only this thing will corporate like it's supposed to!

The little one is getting so big and she is just adorable.

Snowbird you have been busy.

Quite here now.  Had some storms run thru this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

I love working with cotton! I save every little piece and them together. It's quite fun and helps me stay sane. Something about those little cotton balls that I love working with. Went to. A baby shower and they used cotton yarn tfor everyone to measure how big mom to be was going to be. They were going to throw the yarn away. I spoke up and saved those little pieces. I was so excited and rolled them right there. With everything going on right now here rolling cotton yarn in those little wee balls is soothing. Unfornately I have none to roll right now. I use up every little scrap I had.

Nope the weed eating didn't get done. So will probably have to go with plan B.. When I figure out plan B it will get done. Using scissors just doesn't cut and not talking how hard it is on the back and hands. Don't ask how I know.

Today gave boys their allergy shots and meds. Yep, I give the shots myself including to my fur babies. Only thing can't give is rabie shots. If I could I would. YOU never know what you can handle or do until you have to do. Suck it up and put on my big girl panties and keep trucking on. It has been a long road for 2016 and I still don't see the light yet. I keep hoping and praying...It's got to get better!! It's got to get better!! It's got to get better!!!

Baby Jade is so cute! Yep, growing fast.

Sandra I think I sort of understand on multiple levels. Its pretty much a diy house here and if there is an easy way and a hard way we wind up having to do it the hard way. We went a year with no working weedeater. As soon as we fixed something on it something else would break until it got to the point we couldnt fix it any more. I use Round up to cut down on places that need to be weedeated. Have been the scissors route---too many blisters. I have seen some recipes using vinegar dawn dish soap an epsom salts to replace Round up that I want to try. Definately understand the its got to get better. It just has to. Sending hugs your way.

Its cloudy and we have been been getting rain showers so it feels like like a sauna out. Working on laundry. We really dirty up a lot of clothes and towels this time of year.

Archived