Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Ok burritos baking off. About 40 mins and they will be set off to cool.

I don't put retried beans in my home made ones as neither of us like refried beans lol

Well now what huh lol the mats are done and the dinner baking off so could it be I need to find something to do now,, LOL

I WOKE UP LAST NIGHT about about 3 I guess to the smell of buttered pop corn?? No body had made any. Maybe I

I was just hungry. Lol.

I wonder how some missing members are doing? I think about them from time to time even though maybe they haven't been with us for some time. Sometimes they come on so strong in the beginning and then just fade out o er a short period of time. I wonder how they all Are doing but some come back you know. They are always welcome to come back bout all I have right now I'm only about half a can of diet coke so far so I. Not quite awake I guess. I'll be back after the rest of the can lol

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh those are too cute. See comment on your thread Mary Jo. I had o ne as a kid only bigger !!!

They would be so cute in a fancy fur type yarn too like my slurpy lol. Lol

Thanks for liking my mats. They will co e in handy for me but not sure anyone else would use or want them lol I sure will though.

Laundry uh Carol. What is it with that. I mean you do it o ce and turn around and you gotta do it again LOL

Where ever those little tear drops are going they will be sure to love them!

Yes we will put our sprinkler out for a while later this afternoon. For now handy filled up the water pan so they are using that

I don't k ow how small animals cope with extreme temps here in ne but they do. Wonder of nature huh.

Well stay ol today and I'll be back later squares

Ran to town as early as places opened this morning and it was already too hot. Our heat advisory continues. Feels like 115 today.

Katy I like the multi color mat. Was almost through with a little ghan and had to frog most of it as I miscalculated how much of one color to save for the other side.

well we got another portable ac for thed bedroom today, an it is cooling off the bedroom now as we speak.. they sure do keep it more comfortable in house and the central unit does not come on as often now, which is good..

suffered last night with just the ceiling fan and the central on. but it just can't keep up when it gets this hot

so we got another one today for the bedroom. If i leave the door open partway, cool gets to the hallway, and the craft room too. I usually don't leave my door open at night, as i don't let max in here, but during the day, he stays usually where handy man is at, so no problem. lol we have had it on two hours now and the temp has gone from 86 to 81 now,, which is helpfull  im looking forward to sleeping cool tonight, lol 

once yhe sun goes down, it will start to cool off more i tink..

too bad bgs but i have done stuff like that too, we are perfectionists apparently, lol 

well since i cant type toda7 ill just be back later   stay cool   

ok im back for a few minutes then going to take a coolish shower, and relax in the coolness for a bit, lol more of this tomorrow too, im afraid,  why i don't know, every where is hot around the country...got a start on my third dish drying mat, and then i might find something else to do, i just wanted enough to where if one or two are in the wash, then i still have a couple yet to use if need be..lol I used to lay a dishtowel down, for that very purpose, but these are much better as they are thicker, and more absorbant too.. 

and i am less likey to grab one of these to wipe my hands on, tee hee hee...

handy has filled the bird and turkey pan up twice today and the littler birds are sure enjoying it too, and they loved the sprinkler, lol they played in it for a long time....poor little hot birdies.. Turkeys were back too, on their way home i guess, and didn't stay too long, as it's getting a bit cooler out for them, i think with the sun gone, mostly, so that is good, they walk everywhere, lol i seldom if ever have seen one fly, or fly jump as they don't really fly, just jump and flap their wings, lol  coming home from work one evening, a pheasant flew right into the fender of my car... I stopped to render aid, and it got up and flew off, probabably just was knocked out flying into that fender, but thank goodness it was able to get up and go after a few minutes.. i would hate to know i killed something on the road, i would feel bad for a lifetime... ok, all fr now, take caree all... 

well ladies, im hoping you are all staying cool in the ungodly heat we are all hving, and I will see you in the am, from the ipad,, you all take car, and keep cool, lol good health to all............ 

Glad you got the new ac for the bed room.  When we moved down here, we talked to some friends.

So when they built our house, we had two AC units put in.  One for the bedroom and one for the rest of the house.  One good thing is that we are on one floor only, but it does get very hot in those rooms.  We can turn down the ac in the main part of the house and turn up the ac in the bedroom to make it cool enough to sleep.  We actually had to fight for the 2 units, as the builder, said we could get away with one unit as the house is not that large.  Yeah right, glad we got the two.

I am off to say Good Night everyone, it is getting late here and time to wrap up the day.

Have a good night.

well i hear that, we here in this neighborhood, are not allowed to have window units, but they don't mind th portable ones, go figure, anyway, would have ceen a lot cheaper to get the window units, but someone would notice, and there would be trouble, lol so we had no choice, as we can't get a bigger ac unit outside, as of yet.. someday we will but not this year, so our only other choice, was the portable units, and they go in ina snap, and cool very well, so we are happy... 

hopefully after a good nights sleep tonight, i will be in a really good mood tomorrow, and get somet stuff done.. Im glad you got two units too, in fl. weather, ha, you need it.. we are not quite used to it being just this hot here, most years much milder... 

see you tomorrow mj. and all the rest of you, good night. 

Well girls lets just say I am most thankful for our almost one month old heat pump. With them it is more energy efficient to let it maintain the temp rather than letting it warm up and then cooling it back down.

Quick check in... I'm here, just been busy. Love the teardrops and the rainbow mat!

We have window air conditioners, one in every room except for the bathroom, it doesn't have a window... is a pain having to take them out and put them in every year... bah!

Have a good day all... headed to bed.

Hi everyone! I have been trying to survive the heat. I actually look forward to running errands because it is nice and cool in the stores.

We aren't getting enough rain here and have to conserve water. At least there isn't much more weeding outside to do.

I have a dump run to do this morning and dishes to do before it gets hot.

We went to Mystic last weekend and love the aquarium. The sea lion was honking for food. I never knew they sound like that-

post-3193-0-49987900-1469183754_thumb.jpeg

Good Morning

today is a cooking day,I sure wish he wouldn't get things that are within a day of expiring,so will do crock pot goulash,and a taco casserole,and then just have to reheat over the weekend

everyone,stay cool and hydrated,and have a great day,you deserve it.

Good Morning

today is a cooking day,I sure wish he wouldn't get things that are within a day of expiring,so will do crock pot goulash,and a taco casserole,and then just have to reheat over the weekend

everyone,stay cool and hydrated,and have a great day,you deserve it.

Hopefully it was because it was too good of a deal to pass up and not because he didnt notice.

Tribble around here most people with window units leave them in year round and cover them in winter. Most units are so large you dont want to mess with them anymore than you have to.

How is the hibiscus doing?

#1 I enjoy watching the sea lions at our zoo.

Still under heat advisory. Think we will skip our bonsai meeting in the morning and try to get the mowing done at dads house before the worst heat of the day. I should be working outside but just cant want to. TC wants me to chase her and throw her yarn balls anyway until her nap time

Bgs

deliveries come on Friday,he is determined that Wednesday is the best day to shop,we will have to have the " expiration talk,AGAIN"

I dislike having to hurry up and cook something on Thursday or Friday,when my plan is to cook it the day of,Saturday and Sunday

I would much rather he didn't get the item and I'd substitute something else,non perishable like pasta.

Well In this continued . heat cycle that is a smart way to do it Linda ! Lol

Crochet fan so sorry you have to conserve water. From the way it sounds anymore though we should all be doing that anyway or will soon. I think the scienctists need to rethink and or tweet the sea water de salivation process so it is a quicker and easier back up. There is plenty sea water least for now but the process is apparently too expensive for an alternative I guess. I say make it better we're probably going to need that back up soon.

WE already don't water anything but the vegies and watch our water use in showers and laundry uses. We don't let water run at the sink only for dishes. Other than that besides cooking and or drinking what else can the common person do to cut back??

Well slept pretty well and thank goodness these two units we have also are operable as a dehumidifier as well to take the moisture out of the air too that helps. When handyman pours out the collected water from those tanks on the inside of the unit's he uses it for the flowers or the birdie. Baths. We have only emptied the big one once so far. It has pitcock In The back for easy draining. Im glad for you too Bgs. Thank goodness huh. I wish we could have windDow units here trib but it's against the by laws or something here!

Well ladies I plan on updating g our list today we,ll see lol. I can use the desk top for it now and all that typing will go a lot faster for me.

Hope I can find my list of updates lol. So I. Off for a bit ladies stay In and Bgs be careful of the heat if you do mow ok. All of you stay hydrated and stay in if you can! Later. Squares.

So much for giving myself permission to stay in today. I kept trying to figure out the equipment I was hearing---not the trash truck not the road grader not a tractor in the field across the road not the neighbor out on his bobcat so I had to go out and look. It was a backhoe digging around a neighbors water meter. Then I remembered that a spot along the edge of the road looked wet when I went to town yesterday. After I went out I thought nice breeze a few clouds I will go check out the garden. Well there were cucumbers tomatoes and green beans that needed to be picked and of course weeds to pull. The next thing I knew my clothes were wringing wet. Not going back out today cept to walk down to the mailbox

Linda I know what you mean. For me I dont like going to the store on Fri because I cant buy some things I would buy other days since I know I wont have time to fix it over the weekend.

That is one thing I like about my 2 year old washing machine----it uses so much less water.

Oh no they are doing the countdown thing to break into regular programming---mall shooting in Munich

Yes I got a notice from cnn. It is over now not many new details Though.

Hot here too handy went out this am. And it was already too hot.

It's ok in here though. Looked over my list of active members. It's short ladies. So I. Wondering if we should just finish out this years bdays and then think of something to bring in more you know like change the title to

I dunno.

Granny square for all.

do you need granny squares? Sign up now for help!! Or to help those that do.

Just throwing that out there it's not written In stone. I dunno. Any of you brainiacs out there. Have any marvelous and intriguing little ideas that need a home????

this is just my opinion,maybe drop the birthday part of  the heading,before it was granny/ friendship square CAL

maybe that is putting off some from joining us,just a thought

We have 2 window units too. We leave them in year round. The one is so heavy and upstairs there is no way taking it and lugging it around.

Good evening everyone! Hope all is staying cool through this heat. I'm not complaint for I actually was freezing the last few nights. So I need heat!!

Well Sandra good you are cool I don't like extreme anything. Hot or cold lol. Our neighbor told us this am that his house stayed 91 all night and his unit is new. it was just put in last year so it's just that they can't keep up with the high heat and humidity it's everyone around here anyway. And they extended the heat warnings through the weekend. Drat!

I crochet a bit I. The bedroom. Today it was way cooler lol. The light isn't the same though. But at least I was cool lol

Just did a few. More. rows on the dying mat I'm working on. And ready to plug in the old iPad lol and go lie down and hopefully fall asleep to the purr of the ac. Lol. See you in the am ladies stay coo. If you can. A few more days of this and hopefully we will get back to more seasonally milder weather. Night now. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Good Morning everyone.

Sorry I was absent yesterday, but just a bit nervous.  We bought 2 office chairs for the kitchen table and someone was going to call us yesterday and tell us when they were coming to put them together.  They finally called about noon and told us the guy would be here around 5.  He finally came and put the chairs together and he asked "Why the Christmas Tree?"  I told him it was filled with 4th of July ornaments and I change it every month.  He said "Cool, I will have to remember that."

I have my new curtains up on rods and hanging, before I put them up.  I want to get some wrinkles out before they go into the bathroom.  They are really pretty and I do not want to mess them up, by ironing them.  Believe I can melt or burn cotton.

Speaking of cotton, Tampa Guy caught me throwing out some pot holders the other day and asked why.  It old him, I could not get the grease smell out of them and anyway, I could make more.  Shoot I have a whole room of nothing but cotton yarn.  Does anyone know how to get that smell out?  I have tried softener, bleach and other products.  Remember they can not leave a flowery smell, or I can't use them.

Well my blankets are done and I am now going to put my hooks away for a while and pick up the knitting needles.

Oh I found it amazing a tip I got with something that is knitting.  They said to crochet a chain a few stitches longer then the amount of stitches you need for your knitted project, then pick up the stitches on your needle that you need.  After knitting or purling a row, remove the crocheted chain.  Fascinating and I think I may try this.  Just goes to show, we do use more yarn then knitters.

Off to make breakfast and see what the day holds for me.

Good morning!

Today will get the weed eating done. Son-in-law is suppose to bring weed eater over. If I am lucky maybe he'll just do it for me. My gosh that would be so nice.

Just made everyone coffee cake for breakfast. I;m still the only one up right now for I have been up for a while no took my fur babies potty then got the dishes done. Loaded the the dish washer and need to remove some boxes that I have been going through.

Hope you all are staying cool and will check in later.

Archived