Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ya vamp!! No it's close though it's a dish drying mat or will be. Lol I need one for my glasses and cups cause the rack will hold the dishes. This will sit on the counter next to the drainer for glassware and or breakable so    lol when dry just put the glasses away

a d turn over mat to dry for nex time.  Hope you get to feeling better soon Sandra. Any news yet on the jobs thing?? Hope that works itself out for you all soo. Too!!  Had a couple balls of this cotton so using it up. Thanks I think it will be a bright addition to that counter!! And when my store bought ones are I. The wash teehee. They have lots of cute ones on the internet sheesh . So many. Varieties and patterns I didn't use a pattern cause I did t know they existed but I just googled dish drying mat patterns to crochet. Most are free. One guy makes them with acrylic yarn says they dry faster but I don't see them as absobant and don't want a wet

mess on the counter so I chose cotton for mine. And I have the cotton out too trying to finish out some scraps lol 

so so when done I will snap a pic of it in use and see how you all like it. 

Good Morning.  Another hot and humid day, but it looks that way around the country.  Miami is going to be cooler than us today.  Go figure.

I am in the process of looking for bathroom curtains.  I have what they call a garden tub.  Behind it is a very large window, that looks out on the side yard.  If I did not have a curtain there, my neighbor, can see inside the bathroom.  I have had a sheer curtain with a heavier curtain in front.  Well I need a new tension rod, and the curtains must be replaced.

Now I have the dilemma of replacing the curtain with the same, or going with a café type.  Have not really seen anything I can say WOW look at that.

That is all for now.  Have fun today, and be careful with the heat.

Last two Sat dh mowed at my dads while I worked on cleaning out what seems like tons of trash sm (stepmom) has left behind. Sun and Mon we mowed here. I got too hot. Feels like temp 110.

Then just down mentally and emotionally. Processing and trying to move on. Its been hard dealing with lies every step of the way and ultimately learning sm is trying to drive wedges between me and my sisters. And all the tragedy on the news doesnt do much to make one feel better so back to those nicu afghans for therapy. 10 more done 2 more need ends worked in another maybe half done. No picts yet.

And good am to you! Another o recast day but with a heat warning out today just as well the sun isn't out huh.

I posted my dish drying mat it turned out really nice lol figure I did about 40 or more rows of 50 stitches and then a couple rows arond it all or trim. It fits perfectly and it's nice and absorbent. I might make another lol. Found a couple balls of blue varg so that might be the goal of today. LEast till my wrists get tired lol.

What's on you list of to do items today?? I think we will lay low and stay in as they are suggesting today with the heat index climbing in the hundreds perhaps. Warning to all who love aniqmals, if you can Leave a fresh water supply I. The yard somewhere that small animals can get to it. An old shallow cake pan or a short bowl or bucket and keep it filled today. You may save a life.

Well ok I off to get a few things Rollin along so keep cool everyone and I'll see you all in a bit.

On poor Brenda you gotta watch that heat thing. Sheesh sounds like you all got tons done though I wasn't sure she was out till you said that recenlty so at least you don't have to deal with her. Lot of work. I know we had truck load after truckload to either take to the du p or have picked up for donation at both my moms and then later , his moms . It's an emotional exhausting and physically challenging ordeal

To to be sure.

As for breaking up your family ties no one will succeed in doing that if you do t allow it. Just ignore and know she is evil and stay tight and strong with your sisters All of you strive to overcome.

Well that is quite a total of Ghans so far gosh!! You have been a true busy bee!! Lol. Hope you are feeling a whole lot better and keeping cool too.

What do you all think of the dish drying mat. Is it something you might use?? A I think with a couple of dishcloths or a scrub i.e. Or something it. Might make an unusual and useful gift as well. What do you all think.

Ok over for now later squares.

On poor Brenda you gotta watch that heat thing. Sheesh sounds like you all got tons done though I wasn't sure she was out till you said that recenlty so at least you don't have to deal with her. Lot of work. I know we had truck load after truckload to either take to the du p or have picked up for donation at both my moms and then later , his moms . It's an emotional exhausting and physically challenging ordeal

To to be sure.

As for breaking up your family ties no one will succeed in doing that if you do t allow it. Just ignore and know she is evil and stay tight and strong with your sisters All of you strive to overcome.

Well that is quite a total of Ghans so far gosh!! You have been a true busy bee!! Lol. Hope you are feeling a whole lot better and keeping cool too.

What do you all think of the dish drying mat. Is it something you might use?? A I think with a couple of dishcloths or a scrub i.e. Or something it. Might make an unusual and useful gift as well. What do you all think.

Ok over for now later squares.

You know I always have a washcloth on the counter to let some things sit on to dry. I never thought to make a special mat. I dont use crocheted dishclothes for dishes as they seem heavy and take forever to dry but use them more as a lightweight hotpad or protective mat. I would use smaller scrubs. If you give as a gift you might need to label it as a drying mat. I would look at it and think hotpad because as I said it never occurred to me to crochet a drying mat.

I'm sorry Brenda,that you have to deal with her.

when you write of what she says and does,she sounds sooo much like my sis in law in NY

she thinks all revolves around her,for yrs we had been promised Mom's Hummels that Bill and his other sister bought their mom as gifts,I'm sure Sheila has heard this many times.when mom sold her house in Queens and moved in with Sheila on Long Island.

When mom went to visit her other daughter in Germany,they sold or gave away all mom's things,well of course not what Sheila chose to keep.thats how mom came to live with us in the 90's,Mom said to her one visit,where are the hummels I want to give to Billy and Linda,oh there in the attic,I can't get to them right now.

But two yrs later when we went up there,they were all on display in her china cabinet,I gave mom the eye,but she was afraid to say anything,well I know full well,if I had gotten them out of her grip,they would have been chipped or broken.there were other things that mom earmarked for us,before the move,of a half dozen things maybe one doesn't have a chip in it,a really nice blue glass basket,and its quite a big piece,mom and I chuckle and wondered how she didn't ding it somehow.

sorry to be so long winded,glad you are posting again,and I didn't have to send out the blood hounds,lol

Here she be I like it just the right size and holds more too but this is all had to dry lol. Hope you like it.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That is awesome, I so need to make me one of those! :) I never have enough room for the cups when I do the dishes.

Last two Sat dh mowed at my dads while I worked on cleaning out what seems like tons of trash sm (stepmom) has left behind. Sun and Mon we mowed here. I got too hot. Feels like temp 110.

Then just down mentally and emotionally. Processing and trying to move on. Its been hard dealing with lies every step of the way and ultimately learning sm is trying to drive wedges between me and my sisters. And all the tragedy on the news doesnt do much to make one feel better so back to those nicu afghans for therapy. 10 more done 2 more need ends worked in another maybe half done. No picts yet

That's terrible bgs. I am sorry she is doing this!

Mowed the yard on Sunday, Glad that is done. Hope to work on the dog run either Thursday or Friday.  We need to start getting some stone to put in the run, but finances have been tight for a couple of months. Bah!

Took Mr Tribble for his nerve ablation today. Let me tell you it is horrible sitting in one area with a 6 year old who is bored out of his mind for like 3 1/2 hours. NOT fun. LOL. Hope he gets some relief from this ablation. This is the 3rd or 4th time he's had it done. He was pretty sore coming home and there is a detour on the route we take to the hospital and then back home, so lots of bumps. We will see how he feels tomorrow.

Other than that not done a blasted thing! LOL Hope to work on Mr Tribbles graphghan tonight. I'm trying to get 12-18 rows done on each blanket every other week. So one week I work on Little Tribble's and the next I work on Mr Tribbles. That way I don't forget how the blankets coming and feel lost when I get back to it.

Have a wonderful evening all!

Oh hi all. Yes I would label the dish mats for fear someone would say oh what a large dish cloth. Lol I agree thy are too heavy and dry very slow!!

Oh poor mr TRibble hope he feels Better soon. So sorry Linda for the whole thing too seems everyone ha

Ssome sort of story about after a parent dies. I'm glad I only had the one child lol she won't have to go through what I did and you all too. It will be up to her keep donate or toss I guess.

On a different note did we all get anything done today I know I didn't get much accomplished but it'll wait I'm sure. TOn orrow and up it will be a better day I'm sure.

Well all have a nice evening. I'll see you topside I. The am!! Lol

I'm sorry Brenda,that you have to deal with her.

when you write of what she says and does,she sounds sooo much like my sis in law in NY

she thinks all revolves around her,for yrs we had been promised Mom's Hummels that Bill and his other sister bought their mom as gifts,I'm sure Sheila has heard this many times.when mom sold her house in Queens and moved in with Sheila on Long Island.

When mom went to visit her other daughter in Germany,they sold or gave away all mom's things,well of course not what Sheila chose to keep.thats how mom came to live with us in the 90's,Mom said to her one visit,where are the hummels I want to give to Billy and Linda,oh there in the attic,I can't get to them right now.

But two yrs later when we went up there,they were all on display in her china cabinet,I gave mom the eye,but she was afraid to say anything,well I know full well,if I had gotten them out of her grip,they would have been chipped or broken.there were other things that mom earmarked for us,before the move,of a half dozen things maybe one doesn't have a chip in it,a really nice blue glass basket,and its quite a big piece,mom and I chuckle and wondered how she didn't ding it somehow.

sorry to be so long winded,glad you are posting again,and I didn't have to send out the blood hadhounds,lol

Linda thanks for sharing. That just seems so disrespectful to not carry out her moms wishes and especially with her mom still alive.

Good Morning

Hmmmm must have a wrong button.

its cooler here today,but too soggy to do anything just yet,we did have some glorious rain last night,in some areas almost 3 inches,Bill said it was flooded up by the college

have a great day everyone

Good Morning,  What a beautiful day here.  We have sunshine and blue skies, with a 50% chance of rain.  We do need it here.

I never had to deal with people like Brenda and Linda had to.  It seems that when it comes to this stuff, greed takes over.  I even saw it with my sister's when my parents passed and it amazed me to no end.

Well not much going on here.  hoping to pack up another package to go out.

Off to see what is going on.

Heat advisory continued. I have been out this morning spraying Round up. It should work fast in this heat. Dont really like to use it but all this vegetation has my back to the wall.

Mary Jo so far my sisters and I have been doing ok in spite of sm trying to split us apart. With her its beyond greed. One day she she makes a big deal out of saying she is giving one of us something and then she doesnt. Sometimes its hers and sometimes its my dads. Its not necessarily monetarily valuable things. My niece was very close to my dad. He was more like a father to her than grandpa. sm said she would leave niece his eagle drinking glass and didnt. A freaking drinking glass. And niece had done so much for sm through the years like helping buy setting up trouble shooting and updating all her electronics-----computers printers cameras tvs gps phones tablet etc. But guess what we found? sm's lost hearing aids that she said she wouldnt replace because they were too expensive. Niece took a photo texted and asked if they are hers (they are) and will give them back to her if she wants them because that is the right thing to do.

Hi all

Hot one today. We're having deli chicken for din din. Might make home made burritos in the am and then quick bake them off and put them in The fridge tso we can just nuke them for supper that way the oven doesn't need to be on in the hottest part of the day.

I suggested Handyman fill a shallow pan of clean water and put it out near the tree where the turkeys rest in the shade. Poor things they were panting today and it made me sad to see that.

So he put out a cool shallow pan of fresh water and even gave them more bread lol

I got.another long tail feather from The yard today so I grabbed it. Maxie likes to play and smell them. Bout the closest he will ever come to one but he thinks it's quite a prize. he only gets it when one of us are supervising other wise he might eat it. Lol

ok off for a bit. See ya later

Oh my no relief in sight for this heat all week. Tomorrow I will have handy put the little sprinkler out for the birds and the turkeys. I think they are even too hot to walk to the lake and get water. I would be too.

They have hung out here most of the day poor turkeys. But they get food and water here so that is probably why. In the ams you see them marching down the hill and their first stop is here lol

Ok well going to look through a couple catalogs I got I. The mail today see what I might have to have lol. Keep cool

thanks owl vamp,lol im making aoather now too, I do like them, the store bought ones are good too, but this gives me some variety, lol you just chain 50 or so stitches, id didd 55 on this lst one, and do row after row of sc, lol or whatever kind of closed stitch you want, and keep going till you reach the width you want, then a couple rows of edging around it, and wala,  you  have a glassware drying mat!! it's un to see each row make a difference in size, much like a small afghan, lol   depending on if you stripe it or not, you do have ends to weave in, but the finished look is darling.. the second one i am making, is striped, with the main color and then some blues in varg and then i think i will finish with a white edge.. just trying to use up this cotton i have had for years, lol 

its still really hot out the ac i dont yhink has shut off all day... sticky out too, hard to brreathe. im glad i did errands early this am, before it got too hot..  

well, i am tired, and hope to get some decent sleep tonight, so i will sign off for now, wishing everyone well, and keep cool, and stay safe..............see ya later squares.. 

Good Morning.  The heat is very frustrating.  It is so hot, we are getting a heat advisory, especially if you have asthma and allergies.  Got that.  I sit here and look at the pool and just sigh.  I do so want to get in, but it is to close for me to step outside.  I test it every morning when I go out to get the paper.

We have cardinals in the back.  They come over and play in the holly trees, especially after the sprinklers go off.  They jump from branch to branch, it is like they are taking a shower.  It is usually 2 males in all their beautiful red color and one female.  My one birdbath is in the shade all morning, but they seem to ignore it.  Oh well, at least I get to see them.

I hope everyone is staying cool and not going crazy in this heat.

Have fun today.  Oh Katy, I love the drying mat.

Good morning.

A bright sunny gonna be hot day here!! I have been busy already this am. Made up the filling for the burritos already and just have to lightly brown the tortilla rounds and fill them. Then they will bake off for about 40-45 minutes and then cool and cover and put them I.n The fridge to microwave later with no oven on in the heat of the day. Problem solved. Lol. We will do that as soon as handy gets back from the Rotella bread store lol. Takes two you k now!

I woke up to hamburger and onions smells this am as handy cooked off the hamburger before I got up. Which helps a lot.

Got another drying mat done this one I like too so cherry!! So t mind my glassware drying out at all with these mats!! I'll post a pic.

This one is 55 Stitches across and about 40or so rows too.

Archived