Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Jo they are all just darling such personalities in each one I am hard pressed to chose a fav!!

Hi Lacey how are you and jade and family doing?? You must be working hard as we don't see you too often!! Hope your''really all doing well!!

Good for the no humidity huh Linda!!  And yes Jade has grown!! Precious little girl!! 

Im looking for someone with some ideas to use up scraps of cotton yarn.  I can't find anything that appeals to me online but there are some darling ideas there to look at. I just googled my query and came up with lots of places to chek out. Jus in case you wanna look.  

Hi,

On the scrap yarns I tie all mine together and crochet those corner to corner hotpads. Love the scrappiness about them. You also can make key chains , how about refrigerator magnets.

But it does depend how much I have of each one.What did you punch in to look for scrap yarns?

Got the grass mowed yesterday. Weed eater couldn't get started so that part didn't get done. It stinks but will have to wait for hubby to look at it.

our lawn got mowed today too but handy man always does the weedeating, and we too, are out of string, lol,  i told him, hey, i got scissorrs!!!

I  just have small bits and small balls, of the cotton, so will probably end up doing just that, potholders, or somethihng, thanks owlvamp..i did make one soap bag, cause i keep dropping my soap in the shower,  lol so made one today to replace the netted one i was using, cause the soap chips kept slippping out, of it, must have been a hole somewhere in it... just finished my shower using it, and it worked fine, no dropping of said soap tonight, lol 

well nothing else much to report,    it was hot, but not unbearable as of lately, so wasn't hard to do my errands, had i know when i went out about the weekeater out of string, you can bet  i would have picked up some, but probably would have gotten the wrong kind you know, so,just as well,., 

heard from an old friend tonight, sh is doing well, and we talked for a long while.. she lives out in western Neb now, and they get most of the heat, and rain, before it gets to us, lol  but it always gets to us, eventually. lol\\

its a calm night so far, but me thinks we're getting storms later on, or tomorrow.. will have to check the weather before i crash for the night..

I hope al of you had a great and enjoyable start day of your weekend, and wish you to have a good one tomorrow too.. Illl see you then, i guess, in the am sometimes.. I type so much faster on the desk top, it is not even funny, lol  i prefer to touch type, not hunt and peck!! But you use what you have huh... thought daughter woulde be over sometime tihs weekend, but haven't heard a peep.. well no news is good news i guess, but im going to bug her tomorrow lol  there is this thing on the ipad, i forget what she calls it,imight be an ap she put on for us,  but she made a chat room for just the two of us!! it forwards to her phone as well, and would mind, if i had one, but i get ahold of her there, just as another option, it's a good thing, lol and we can send pics to each other there as well, neat huh.. 

well  i think i will check the weather in a few, and then flip around for something to sleep by, lol  later all, have a good one,   :manyheart

Hi,

On the scrap yarns I tie all mine together and crochet those corner to corner hotpads. Love the scrappiness about them. You also can make key chains , how about refrigerator magnets.

But it does depend how much I have of each one.What did you punch in to look for scrap yarns?

Got the grass mowed yesterday. Weed eater couldn't get started so that part didn't get done. It stinks but will have to wait for hubby to look at it.

Our weedeater hasn't worked for the whole summer. Hubby bought some weed killer and that works fine and is easier too. Going to mow tomorrow. Getting quite tall again.

Baby Jade is getting so big!!!

Katy, i too hate typing on the tablet, drives me crazy! Then the blasted spellcheck will change my word to whatever it likes

Our town had a festival this weekend. Took little tribble down to play a couple games. He won't ride in the rides, but won a poster and a small picture, he was happy. He tried a couple times to win a goldfish but didn't win one of those. Good thing as I have nowhere to out a fishtank. Guess we would just have had to get one. Honestly I would have preferred if they did hermit crabs instead of golfish. I just adore hermit crabs. And if taken care of properly live a long time. One of these days is will have hermit crabs.

I am on a my little pony forum and am in a swap to make a plush pony. I worked on these today and now am starting over. My first plushie, the marker I used so I could see the sew lines was too dark, and the second one, i made my own pattern and it has some kinks to be worked out, so I fixed the mistakes in a new pattern and will get started on these tomorrow. The ones I am making are about the size of the plastic my little ponies.

Had chicken patties and french fries for supper. Hoping to grill out tomorrow, then have a bonfire if it doesn't rain.

Have a great morning all!

Good Morning.  Jade is getting so big so face and just adorable.

I found a pattern for a bottle washer.  It slides on a wood spoon or any kind.  I made it for the American Legion, but forgot to get pictures.  Here is where I got it.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bottle-scrubbie  It does not use that much yarn.

There are all kinds of stuff to be made, try coasters and friggies just to name a few.  How about a Dust Bunny catcher?  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dust-bunny-catcher

Up early this morning and watching the sun come up, it is 7AM and it is 77 degrees, going up to 91 with humidity it will feel like over 100.  Trying to decide if I want to go to the store or not.

Have a fun day.

Morning all. Nice day today  I beleiveio did hear it rain last night though. Suns out for a while anyway. 

I still have my smelly balls and bits of cotton o. The table I only have made that o e soap bag so far though. Nothing is coming to me for the rest lol. I don't use dishcloths much as they are heavy and after a wash or two lose there shape and look kind of pitiful lol. I should just make some and give them away I guess. And I will snip the tinier bits and put that out for the birdies to use but other than that can't think of much else to do wit it lol. I like face pads out of cotton so I might. Ake make some of them for myself in oh about 6 or so inches round or so or square  just big enough to to wash the noxwma off lol. That might be one way to use 

them too. Well we will see just getting some scraps gone and not having to store them anymore will be nice. It was just a small zip lock or two lol. 

Plans ins today include getting cat food and cat treats and handy has on the dry erase. Board that we need flour and milk too but that is about it for now I guess. I'll get something at the deli too no doubt!! Well they put all the good stuff right there by the door you come in how can I not lol

so all for now be back later have a peaceful and pleasant morning all.    ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Oh that bottle or I would perhaps use it for some narrow glasses I don't use often cause they are narrow lol that is a cut idea 

I might go with a couple of those to keep near the sink. Thank you. I'm gonna go look at the other link now.  

Hello everyone.

Jade is sooo cute and getting so big.

Mary Jo, your dolls are adorable.

Not much happening here. Went to church this morning, stopped at the grocery store. Then came home and put chicken, bbq sauce and pineapple in the crockpot, I'll make some rice later. I'll put the extra chicken in the freezer in individual servings for easy dinners. 

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hello again. Sheesh it's li,e you can't even step away from what you're doing cause when you co e back yet another sense-less killing or attack or something so need,

less and violent. MY  thoughts and prayers to the up above for all those involved in Baton Rouge. Do t let it numb you or con you this is not normal nor accepted by thinking people! 

Storms east of us sticky and hot out there still. Clouds prevail and some of them are darkish too. I say more rain I do t know for sure what is predicted though. 

Oh oh gosh such a day huh. I don't know what else to say   Oh I made a few cloths for my face washing  and  they are  about 7 inches I guess round I wNted to use up the smaller pieces and balls and I re-claimed  a lot of rubber bands lol so mission accomplished!!  Now I have some med balls to work on and when those are done I'm gonna do a dance!! Might video it for ya all!! LOL. Not. 

Well ll hope you are are coping well both with the heat and the events of the day. I'll see ya in the morn.  ok. Night for now. 

Oh and

congrats Linda!! Enjoy your anniversary!! 

Carol sounds delish. I love rice but don't eat it too often. I always choke on it  honest. One time I gave myself the Heimlich maneuver   I ha no choice I was alone. Well it worked and since then I never eat rice unless I am with some that know that maneuver honest. 

Ok ok just so ya k ow lol 

well i have eaten, and drank another bottle of water, and it is not hot in the house, so im good to go for a bit.. actually haven't checked the desk top in a couple days for access to the ville, so wanted to check that out too, and looking ok, so, that is good newslllllll  

just had a scoop of ice cream too, i like this vanilla mixed in with streaks of chocolate,lol I don't eat it too often,and wheni do, it's only like one small scoop, sooooo i figured tonight, i needed it..after this show, naked and afraid, new episode, i will shower and take it easy, maybe lie in bed, and oh dear, watch the news, if i dare........seems like every timeone turns on some news, even local, the news is all bad you know?

well tomorrow is anothe day and we shall see what that brings, maybe some good news for a change, huh.. we can only hope can't we.. You al have a grand evening, and stay cool if you can...  I will be back in the am, bright and early in the morn probably.. take care all.

Good Morning everyone.

I'll be heading out to the dentist this morning for a filling and to have a permanent crown put in. I might make a stop at Barnes and Noble to check for the latest issues of a sewing magazine. I need to pay some bills today and then hopefully do some sewing.

Katie, I didn't even turn the news on yesterday because I needed a break from everything that has been happening and this morning when I turned on the news it was all politics so I changed the channel, just not in the mood for that nonsense today.

Guess I should get going, talk to you all later.

Good morning. Well as promised another day is here. It is a cloudy one for us overcast

t and I'm a touch chilly lol. I think sometime soon I will make myself a shall of sorts to throw over me shoulders in the ams. 

Well maybe today will be a great say and we can all just enjoy it huh?? I hear thunder lowly and still far away but it is coming for sure. 

Max ax has his fro t row seat in the window and has watched the turkeys. And gotten groomed with his brush (he loves his brushing) and gotten some morning treats so his day has atarted out just the way he likes it lol. What more could a cat ask for huh. He has. Reakfast when handy gets up and treats after grooming. It's just the way it goes lol. 

Cats are are such creatures of habit you know. They like routine and the same routine lol. Max doesn't like his routine shaken up lol. Soon it will be hi nap time well one of them lol. 

Handy is is going to make sausage egg. Biscuits so that will. Be good he gets something to

eat before he tackles that water valve job later. 

better these days!!!

I usually have mine minus the egg though and with cheese. I'm not a huge fan of eggs but I do eat them now  and then. 

Afraid to to turn on the tv this am  for fear of more.  B Ad news almost you know. I hope peace claims this day as her own and no more lives are lost needlessly. I wish every day was like that.  

Well ll so I am off soon for breakfast and doing some chores and such so I hope you all keep busy today and rain or shine enjoy your day today!!  Later squares.  ♥❌⭕❌⭕

I hear ya TRibble.  That auto spell check always changes MaryJO into Mary Jordan lol. And grown into frown. Sometimes I even wonder what the hec.   . I meant!! And most times I spend more time on editing than it took to write the post.  

I think ink my fingers are just too big or something as sometimes it takes three or more tries to line it up IF I wanna erase something!!

And what helps me is enlarging the screen lol. Way less trouble than trying to squish in there. Beteeen the  words while they

are so little!!

Lol we find ways huh!!  

Winder how how owlvamp and Bgs are doing today? Or maybe I just misses a post. Sometimes too going back on the desk top and then back here. I miss a post or two. 

I think it takes a couple minutes to catch up lol I dunno.  

Anywho hope all you are having a tolerable day anyway. I. Making a dish drying pad for my counter when the other two are dirty or something. I. Using a couple of the medium. Size cotton balls and probably some white too if needed.  It's all sc 50 Stitches long and don't k ow how many rows as I. Am not there yet for the width. lol. It's looking like it will work well I don't have a pattern just.measured my store bought ones  and made it pretty close to that so far. And it's a pretty yellow varg for the most part which will look fresh and pretty. I usually use the mats for glasses and glass things as the plates and such fit nicely in the drainer thing. 

So so that is my newest project. I'm gonn look on google to see if they even have a patter for these mats and how they did theirs. 

I wNted this one more solid to absorb so that I why I made it all sc. Not my fav stitch but works for this!!  I'll try to post s pic.  

Has as threatned to rai n all day and there is that thunder again so I dunno.  Hasn't rained a drop yet though. Ok all for now i'LL see you a little later on squares!! Take care!

Archived