Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all. Well I finished folding and putting laundry Away then cleaned the bathroom and cleaned up the laundry room and then lied doen to rest me weary bones. I have not had the chills nor the headache or the all over ahches and pains and so far stomach is doing ok so am thinking it was maybe those stomach pills I wAs taking in place of what I normally take.  I dunno ok for now. 

RAined here  quite heavily for a while and now the sun is shining  brightly!

All good careers to have however lol. Me learning days have passes I think for things like that. 

maybe it was just a passing thing I'm not a doc nor a computer tech nor a weather man and  I don't play one on tv either!! Lol

crochet fan it's nice to have a Tekky in the family. SOn in law mascardedes. as an accountant In  The day but his real talent I think  lies in computer  Fixings and Tekky stuff. 

Oh Bgs nope didn't see anything on the sign in page for keep me signed in. I am missing that maybe they took it off and that is why we are all having troubles I duuno. 

It just said remember. Me and anonymous . But I know it had an option at one time that said.  Keep me signed in  am I. Right??

Im glad I have the auto save back that was missing for a bit too least for me.  THose dang Bugs again!! 

Well enjoy   your day or the rest of it I'll see you all later on.

Oh I guess with my lists in limbo on the old puter.  I will be needing to sent out messages again for the new list in the new year. 

I will list the adresses and emails I do have. If you are not on the list please.message me ok thanks. Again the adresses And preferences and emails I have are as follows. 

BGs 

carol

crochetfan

snowbear

Tribble 

Pineknot although not sure I have your email still. 

Immafreak 

katiebug

maryjo

owlvamp

howieann

if you are NOT  on the following list  then have no info for you and will need you to send that to me please. 

Then i will start on the. New year

thanks . 

What info I need from you is on the very first post. Check the list ladies. You will not be signed up for the new year birthday list 

Unless you are  on that list. Thanks all. It's been a long haul but I'm ready to jump in the thread again with both feet and both computers!! I'm hoping for a bang up year with tons of new members that will keep us all busy till 2018 , even ms Carol and Bgs!! 

Oh oh forgot to mention that those I remembered on the list I sent messg to. Two had to drop out but  we will be here when they are ready once again t enter   " THE DEN  OF  THE SQUARES!! ".   in the future!!  

I know covey and flock and herds and bevies and schools but  what exactly do they call a gathering of squares?????? Lol    US lol 

I will be back later 

As always ville willing lol.       

Thank you you all for sticking it out with me. I think our warrior  that went off on the high wire just might make it to the other side. But wait we re missing the first chapter telling us why she was driven   there in the first place oh  me oh my I have work to do hehe he. !!

Morning!

Woke with leg cramps and a migraine. Not a good way to start the day.

Got and took something and then took fur babies potty. I love waking up to them!

It's amazing how they look at you and melt your heart.

Nothing on the job hunt yet.

Job hunting is no fun. I also don't like starting a new job. Which is why I have been at my current one for 18years... Good luck, I am sure you will find one.

Didn't do a thing today except sleep again so I could come back to work tonight - then I am off until Tuesday! I wonder what I can get done in that amount of time?

Have a great night all...

Remember me is the keep me signed in button now.

Another thought. Did you have your browser save your password and then change your password and the new password not get saved to your browser so it is trying to log you in automatically with thr old password.?

I dont let browsers save passwords for me because I typed in the password for ravelry and let my browser save it only to learn I typed it in wrong. Until I figured out how to fix it I had to log on each time

Good Morning.

Just enjoying my coffeee and checking in on the computer this morning. I'm planning to go to Walmart today but it sounds like I'll be dodging rain. Later I will be heading to my daughter's house to play with the baby. Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day.

Good Morning everyone.

Katy a bunch of squirrels is called a surrie.  I just looked it up, but they also said squirrels are solidarity creatures.  Could of fooled me, as they are always chasing each other across our screen house and it sounds (quoting my Mom here) like a heard of elephants.

Not much going on here today.  Still to hot to go outside.

Got the package for the American Legion sent out yesterday to my SIL.  One down and 2 more to go.

Going to have another cup of coffee and they make breakfast.

Have a great day everyone and try to stay cool.

Hello all. 

Looks like a ke a nice morning out but whew next week is going to be a hot one. Back to cool showers instead of hot like I like them lol Handy man is having me check out the LG 8000 BTU portable acs  for one in the bedroom. I'm not sure about that yet but told hi.m I woul look lol. 

Hey Marjo well you sure are getting stuff out. I like it when it's gone out of my room and off to its new home that always make me feel good!! 

CArol take an umbrella lol and have a grand time with the baby!!

ho snowflake great attitude lady!! 

Owlvamp sure hope things are at least improving solely and you feel tons better today. 

BGs oh huh lol well I knew there used to be. A button somewhere that said keep me signed in lol I'm glad to hear it  really did exist lol and not just in my imagination lol.  Yeah I always have that checked every time I sign in. And no I don't let it save my passwords

since the trouble started in May but good thought thank you!!

I think I might have something to do with the last time they fixed me I'm not sure and I'm really not complaining trust me I would rather have this.  Than not be on at all. Just that keep me signed in never really has worked since way back the first time this happened in like I dunno I wanna say March or April. Before my computer went down. Way before.  But I'm fine with it but was thinking if I kept signed in that would be less chance of me messing up lol.  I have an easy password now so hasn't really been any trouble. It is the filters and they are too harsh for all of us. Hopefully soon that will be a thing of the past.  

I'm happy I'm on both devices and for the most part I know things will improve soon too. 

How  are your shoulders. Mine are an off and on thing I guess probably need shots In both but for the time being ibuprofen helps. 

Handy is is doing marvelous though. He's on  an anti inflammatory  is all now so that is good. And ne'll take a aspirin  now and then is all. On the mend. I don't know if he'll ever be 100% again but this is do-a ble  compared to before. 

Well ll all have a perfectly pleasant day and I'll check in a. It later. Maryjo hope your sinus headache is gone!! They are horrible. 

❌⭕️❌⭕️❌⭕️To all till later 

Hello all. 

How are we all doing this afternoon. Is it a hot one for you all too!!  

I was was wondering where in the world it had moderate temps all year long and so I did  a search and came up wit Hawaii!! Is that right Linda?? I know my brother used to say you can smell the aroma of the islands flowers even before you came into port!!  

I just looked it up a the  Big island the temps range from no cooler than 61 to no hotter than 84 I think it said.  I can live with that. 

But it is expensivee to live there. As studio appt rent for like 1500 plus in the normal neighborhoods and like 1800 and up in the expensive places. But there again utilities are very low. Food is high as two chicken Brests  would be like 6 something  a pound  or ther bouts and milk almost two  bucks a quart.    Potatoes came in around 8 dollars for TWO pounds and eggs and cheese were high as well. So .well so I guess you pay for that weather I. The long run huh??  I am sure floriday is mostly pleasant but it does get jello air and very hot too right Mary Jo??  

Ok ok so buff of that lol. Best be happy where we are at huh. Really are there for a reason lol 

what I want I guess doesn't exist. A place where there is no tornados , or hurricanes, or floods  , or blizzards' fires or earthquakes, or droughts. Easy order huh!!  Not found on this big blue marble anyway. 

So that concludes the deep thought section of our thread today!! What you say. You dint know we had that?? Well huff,, lol

If I really wanted to get greedy I would wish for that above and add I.n A few for good. Measure. Like hungar and war and unrest  and crime  disease and others. to mention a . few  but that would be lowering my chances and or options of actually finding that place lol. 

Nuff said.    We are here and now where we are supposed to be for reasons yet  unknown  to all of us so we just do the  best we can with what we have Right. Right!!  

I hope some good things happen in the course of Your day today!!! Laters squares.      

and the bestest thing,Katy Hawaii has NO humidity

and after 4 yrs of no humidity,coming to Va. about done us in,and we had no air conditioning in this house when we first bought it,what the heck were the first owners thinking

there can also be a smattering of snow on the volcanoes on the big island

food prices,we never shopped on the economy( outside of base) so I couldn't comment on those,I know restaurants were quite high and only for special occasions for us,except for the Spagetti Factory,which was reasonable

oh,and for those of us that don't like snakes,Hawaii has NO snakes

Ok  Linda    You had me on no humidity but when you got to no snakes.   Say no more I'm a wanna that place!!!  Lol sounds like a paradise for sure!! I would not have wanted t come back e back if I were you lol.

well one can dream right. You are so lucky to have seen all the places you have!! 

☘☘☘ any of the Irish in ya lass? Lol. 

Ok  Linda    You had me on no humidity but when you got to no snakes.   Say no more I'm a wanna that place!!!  Lol sounds like a paradise for sure!! I would not have wanted t come back e back if I were you lol.

well one can dream right. You are so lucky to have seen all the places you have!! 

☘☘☘ any of the Irish in ya lass? Lol. 

ah yes,these green Irish eyes twinkle at how lucky I've been

Good Morning.

My little grandbaby is still sleeping so I am enjoying my coffee and some computer time. We will just be hanging around the house today, I was thinking about going for a walk when she wakes up but I just heard thunder so I don't know if a walk will happen. It's 79 right now with a feels like temp of 86 and will only get hotter from here.

I'm watching the news about France, and praying for everyone involved and their families.

I hope all of you have a great day.

Good Morning,

What a tragedy going on over there.  My thoughts and prayers are going out to those people. 

I just read an article about a restaurant in the state of Washington, that after some police officers finished their meal, they were asked not to come back to eat and to please spread the word.  My goodness, what the heck is going on?  I bet as soon as someone robs them, they will call the police without hesitating.  I think it is disgraceful the way the police are being treated.  Just my opinion.

Well a little cooler this morning.  cshort you are getting the rain this morning, we will get it this afternoon and the humidity will be up.  We are about 78 degrees now and expecting to get up to 89 with the heat index over 100.

Waiting for my water delivery.  Doing the hair on Angel Cake, she should be ready by Sunday.  Then on to the blankets for the NCIU babies.

Got my yarn yesterday for the shawl I am going to knit, so I have things stacked up and organized.  Yeah right!!!!!

Hi all.  It's a dreary one here today rainy off and on but delightfully cool!! All of 65 here this am.  Should clear off later and make probably for a rather pleasant possibly a touch humid afternoon. 

MAxie is enjoying his window on the world this am and busy watching those big old turkey bids strut  their tails

in the front yard. Lol they lie under our tree and rest there befor they on their stops durning the day lol.   I baked off a pan of brownies this am fore it got to warm for oven doings lol. They smell selfish cooling. That sub maryJo made the other day sounded really good so now I want to make one soon too!!  I really am craving fruit so will have to pick up a rew things later today. 

Glad ad you are enjoying your time with baby Carol. Won't you miss that when you go back to school this fall.  

Well I hope to get a few things done today so I will get moving about doin u. I guess.  You all have a pleasant day.  That is you assignment for today.    Pop quiz later on lol. ❌⭕❌⭕❤

Certainly our thoughts turn to Paris with this latest tragedy. My fear is that this becomes so common day so often occurring that we all might get sort of conditioned to think it's a normal thing. If  we afford that to happen we are beyond the point of a finding a solution any time soon. . This is not acceptable never will it become so.  Know what I mean.  

The wolrd she is a changing' I guess. Or is it. Hasn't it always. Been  since life started  good vs evil?

Good Morning,

Not much going on.  Angel Cake is done and she is in the back getting her picture taken.  I will post a picture of her and all the girls later.

I have another package packed up and ready to go out next week. 

Getting ready to make breakfast and see what the world has in store for me.

Carol enjoy the little one while you can, as you know they grow up fast.  Boy I wish we had a baby in our family.

Archived