Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy, are you going to make a new thread or are we going to just use this one?

Good Morning everyone.  I am up before the sun and it is quite chilly today.

I am hoping to finish up the panel for the Princess afghan.  That will make a total of 6 panels and 3 more to go.

It is quite here, just making list of what I need for New Years Day dinner.   I must take a trip to the store.  Have to have my Ham and Cabbage for New Years dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

good morning,

was rudely awoken at 5:15 by a thump,when I tried to get up noticed my fan on the floor,it decided to jump off the shelf and wake us both up with a start,I thought something fell on the roof,Bill thought Jimmy fell out of bed.tried to get another hr of sleep,but that wasn't the case,so just got up.

Jimmy goes for the test to see how bad the blockages are,hopefully nothing major,like open heart surgery.

its 20 degrees out there and not going to raise much from that. 

12 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

I like Pineknott's suggestion of adding our birthdate in our signature ~ :)  That's cool!  And easy! ;)

That is a good idea.  Now if only I can remember how to do it. Just so those of you that only use computers to visit know,  the signatures are not there when coming here using a cell phone (which anymore is all I use).  Dont know what it looks like for those using their tablets.  It never occurred to me that things would look and work differently depending on whether you accessed using a phone or computer until I started using my phone.  

Hmmm may have just found another software glitch.  There is a place to select whether or not to show signatures and mine  is checked marked to show them but it isnt unless it only applies when on my computer.

3 hours ago, bgs said:

That is a good idea.  Now if only I can remember how to do it. Just so those of you that only use computers to visit know,  the signatures are not there when coming here using a cell phone (which anymore is all I use).  Dont know what it looks like for those using their tablets.  It never occurred to me that things would look and work differently depending on whether you accessed using a phone or computer until I started using my phone.  

Hmmm may have just found another software glitch.  There is a place to select whether or not to show signatures and mine  is checked marked to show them but it isnt unless it only applies when on my computer.

I'm still in the "caveman days" ~ LoL  I only use a desktop computer (Windows 7), and my cell phone is from back in 2004 ~ :P   Haven't made that initial step into the "smart phone" relm yet ~ LoL  I know, I'm stubborn I guess ~ :P   It doesn't help being in the Dead Zone, either, here in Mindenmines, Missouri with our cell phone.

7 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning,

was rudely awoken at 5:15 by a thump,when I tried to get up noticed my fan on the floor,it decided to jump off the shelf and wake us both up with a start,I thought something fell on the roof,Bill thought Jimmy fell out of bed.tried to get another hr of sleep,but that wasn't the case,so just got up.

Jimmy goes for the test to see how bad the blockages are,hopefully nothing major,like open heart surgery.

Good morning to you, too, Pineknott ~ :)  It's cold and gray out here, too, about 28* I think right now.  I'm planning on getting in some crocheting today, making Granny squares for December (before December ends ~ LoL), and then getting some squares worked on for Owlvamp, too, I hope . . . depends on how fast I am today ~ :P  I got a towel topper made last night, and am working on another one this morning-afternoon.

Hope your Jimmy does well on his tests, and it will be an easy fix for him.

32 minutes ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

I'm still in the "caveman days" ~ LoL  I only use a desktop computer (Windows 7), and my cell phone is from back in 2004 ~ :P   Haven't made that initial step into the "smart phone" relm yet ~ LoL  I know, I'm stubborn I guess ~ :P   It doesn't help being in the Dead Zone, either, here in Mindenmines, Missouri with our cell phone.

My laptop is windows 7 and dial up internet except when taken to my sisters house.  Our ancient cell phones suddenly stopped picking up any signal whatsoever Feb 2015.  After many conversations with customer service they suggested we take our phones in to see if they could add something to help.  Our tower had been down for an upgrade and we never again had signal at home with the old phones.  Since our phones were so old we decided to buy new ones.  They asked if I had thought about a smart phone and I told them yes but there was no point since I had no reception at home and thats where I was 95% of the time.  They said the smart phone had better reception so I got one.  Dh got an old style and sure enough we got home and mine picked up signal for the most part where dh's never picked up signal at home.  After a couple of mishaps with that phone dh finally got a smart phone and it picks up better than mine.  Often there is not enough signal to maintain a phone call but usually enough signal that texts come and go and generally can get on internet.  I dont have a high speed plan but unlimited regular or slow speed but seems like high speed compared to dialup.  I do have some periods of time when we have absolutely no signal--- sometimes for a day.  We are in rural MO.  Heck only reason we have electricity out here is because of the rural co-op.

i will keep this thread as is till they tell me not to mj also you all can  put whatever on your siggy but im not meddling with it lol i was changing my password when i got locked out for over two months or more and lost my yahoo accoun and mail  as well so not gonna do it lol  i think having info for me anyway  on the first post is good enough for me and besides people thst dont check in often we would not  benefit from as they would not be in to read it anyway too often or even look them up as their nsme would be changed     but you can if you like its up to you and you would have to change your name remember ( not advised ) lol  up to you all individually to do what you prefer  Im staying katyallen8090 instead of changing it to my birthday month lol i dont mind looking at the first post for info  at all its all there i think i still have to get avon on i think but will do that today     and i think lea is still on i will check       

well some news here our blower on our furnace quit working at 430 this am!! soo   we were kinda cold till 9  ( thank goodness for our couple of room heaters) when handy could get the new one when the  service parts store opened and had the new one installed within an hour!! I call him genius man lol  so we are toasty warm again!! we knew last year we would need one but never got around to getting it then   guess we waited a bit too long lol but all is well again and we have all that dang below zero weather coming up so just in the nick of time huh 

daughter got in late last night and her kitty pixel was so glad to see them!! I guess the cat sitter said she did fine but knew she missed them a lot lol  even her hubby which most often more  gravitates to daughter more than him lol 

I think we are having pizza tonight as we had bean soup twicwe this week already and the remainder is in the freezer for a later date lol  we like jacks pizza store bought but tastier than most of your cardboard tasting store boughts lol  no offence intended lol  oh wait is the the furnace coming on hummm seems lkike it but quiet as a mouse lol  it squealed to let us know it was not doing well which sure woke us up in a hurry lol  then the overload relay shut it down so it wouldnt burn itself out  good thing we had no idea till we heard that  

oh i watched gone baby gone last night good story lots of violence nd some bad language though but a good story with a couple unexpected twists and turns  

and this am i watched The Way Back on netflix to get my mind off the furnace lol and that was based on a true story of four men that walked out of occcpied Poland from a Gulag Prison through  and across   Siberia and a desert and over the Himalayas  through blizzards and desert and wolves and prison dogs and thirst and hunger and  mountains 4000 miles on foot finally made it out  it was very interesting as it was based on their own true story    when i got done with that movie the heat

was working again lol  

lovin2 crochet   got you some squares done and will send them Next Year lol  and katybug yours too next year lol  

all for now got some breakfast dishes to wash up and clean a few things ao will catch you later no its mini wife lea i am awaiting info on too lol    

52 minutes ago, bgs said:

My laptop is windows 7 and dial up internet except when taken to my sisters house.  Our ancient cell phones suddenly stopped picking up any signal whatsoever Feb 2015.  After many conversations with customer service they suggested we take our phones in to see if they could add something to help.  Our tower had been down for an upgrade and we never again had signal at home with the old phones.  Since our phones were so old we decided to buy new ones.  They asked if I had thought about a smart phone and I told them yes but there was no point since I had no reception at home and thats where I was 95% of the time.  They said the smart phone had better reception so I got one.  Dh got an old style and sure enough we got home and mine picked up signal for the most part where dh's never picked up signal at home.  After a couple of mishaps with that phone dh finally got a smart phone and it picks up better than mine.  Often there is not enough signal to maintain a phone call but usually enough signal that texts come and go and generally can get on internet.  I dont have a high speed plan but unlimited regular or slow speed but seems like high speed compared to dialup.  I do have some periods of time when we have absolutely no signal--- sometimes for a day.  We are in rural MO.  Heck only reason we have electricity out here is because of the rural co-op.

You sound like us here in Mindenmines, Missouri ~ LoL ~ we're in the "dead zone" for our cell phone service . . . have to walk down the driveway to the highway to get reception.  (you'll see a lot of Minden-ites walking the streets to get reception, too, so everyone gets to know their neighbors in these parts ~ LoL   That is one reason we don't invest in a smart phone, too.  It's bad enough getting cell phone calls thru our land line, and then getting dropped calls or bad reception thru those callers.  Really frustrating.  We tried getting a satellite phone service thru US Cellular, but that wasn't much better than regular cell phone, so went back to a land line where at least you can hear a whole conversation and not get dropped.  On our cell phone I don't get messages until we go to the next big town, over in Kansas, then the phone will jingle us . . . and that may be a message(s) from several days before.  We just keep our cell phone mainly for traveling away from home.  We have T-Mobile and only pay $3 / month for Pay as You Go, which is about all we need it for, and I can add extra minutes when needed, too, while traveling.  One of these days I may venture into the "Smart Phone" realm, but for now I'm happy with my old flip-top phone ~ LoL  Hubby and I aren't real good phone-callers to anyone, except on occasion . . . but once on the phone, we do manage to get in a good long conversation ~ :P   Back when we were younger, and dating, we had an 8-hour conversation ~ our "courting by phone" we call it (made gettin' in about an hour of sleep rough, before having to go to work that next morning, too ~ LoL ~ that was a loooong day for me!  He was self-employed, tho, so I'm sure he caught some shut-eye during day, I'll bet!)

Once we get thru this 2-year thingy with our internet service (1 more year to go!), I'm thinking about getting a smart phone and service that we can tie into our computer, using the phone as a router.  Our son does that, and it's so convenient, too.  It also seems to have better reception, too, like you were saying.  I'm just not real confident with all the "bells-n-whistles" that go with it, and learning all this new techy stuff, again.

Well, it looks like it reached the 30's today, so far!  Still colder than a bear, tho!  Hubby went to mess around out in the garage, but I see he's now back in the nice, warm house ~ :)  I'm gonna go work on some Granny Squares and finish a hanging towel topper.  Hope you're having a good day and staying warm.

Hello.

I'm trying to catch up again. I have the 2 oldest grandkids here. We went to the zoo yesterday with all grandkids, daughters and son-in-laws, we were all tired when we got home. Today we are just hanging out at home taking it easy, watching tv, playing with toys, crocheting, etc. Tomorrow we are planning to go to a nice park with my youngest daughter, her husband and all 3 grandkids.

Hmmmm my message just posted before I was ready, not sure what happened.

Saturday I'm suppose to have all 3 kids here for the day and then Sunday the 2 oldest kids and I will be heading to their house about 1.5 hours north. We were planning to go have lunch at Disney Springs and visit some of the Disney resorts to see the Christmas decorations on New Year's Day, but the weather is not looking too great right now so we might change our plans.

Have a great evening everyone.

9 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning,

me too by a squeal from blower on furnace!! 

2 minutes ago, cshort said:

Hello.

I'm trying to catch up again. I have the 2 oldest grandkids here. We went to the zoo yesterday with all grandkids, daughters and son-in-laws, we were all tired when we got home. Today we are just hanging out at home taking it easy, watching tv, playing with toys, crocheting, etc. Tomorrow we are planning to go to a nice park with my youngest daughter, her husband and all 3 grandkids.

LoL ~ oh, you people and your nice Florida sunny weather in winter! :D  I don't think our zoos are open in this region when the temps start falling, and the ice and snow start flying.  There's a real nice one that hubby and I like to go to in Springfield, Missouri, just about an hour or so south from us.  The Kansas City Zoo is about 2-1/2 hrs north of us, and they get a lot more snow and ice up there than we do down here.  I grew up in southern California so didn't see much of a winter at all, mostly 50*+ and rainy.  But I do like the seasonal changes in the midwest ~ :)

Sounds like a fun time with the grands, Carol ~ :)  Makes it nice that you can get out and about with them during their days off from school.

2 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

me too by a squeal from blower on furnace!! 

Bum deal, KatyAllen!  Nothing like losing your heat when temps are dropping toward 0* . . . hope you are getting warmed up again.  Did hubby or the service fella get you back up and running again?  We've got a propane heater as backup for our CH/A unit, so make it extra secure during winter temps falling.  You take care and stay warm, okay?

18 minutes ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

LoL ~ oh, you people and your nice Florida sunny weather in winter! :D  I don't think our zoos are open in this region when the temps start falling, and the ice and snow start flying.  There's a real nice one that hubby and I like to go to in Springfield, Missouri, just about an hour or so south from us.  The Kansas City Zoo is about 2-1/2 hrs north of us, and they get a lot more snow and ice up there than we do down here.  I grew up in southern California so didn't see much of a winter at all, mostly 50*+ and rainy.  But I do like the seasonal changes in the midwest ~ :)

Sounds like a fun time with the grands, Carol ~ :)  Makes it nice that you can get out and about with them during their days off from school.

KC zoo is open year round except for Thanksgiving Christmas and New Years.  It does depend on the weather as to which animals are out.  The polar bear likes the cold and snow!  When we go when its cold I visit the tropics house as its too steamy there for me in the summer.  The penguin exhibit is indoors and there is an indoor place to watch the polar bear.

2 minutes ago, bgs said:

KC zoo is open year round except for Thanksgiving Christmas and New Years.  It does depend on the weather as to which animals are out.  The polar bear likes the cold and snow!  When we go when its cold I visit the tropics house as its too steamy there for me in the summer.  The penguin exhibit is indoors and there is an indoor place to watch the polar bear.

It's been years since we've been to the K.C. zoo!  I couldn't remember whether they would be opened or not in winter.  Sounds wonderful, tho, when you do get to go in the winter ~ :)  Since the Springfield Zoo is a bit smaller, I don't know how their winter schedule is for the animals.  Need to find out I guess ~ :)  It's just small enough to where we don't get worn out while walking thru the whole park.

1 hour ago, katyallen8090 said:

i will keep this thread as is till they tell me not to

Just realize this thread is now 221 pages long.  Every time we come here those all have to load.  That puts you and the rest of us at a much higher risk of problems occurring than a thread with fewer pages to load.  Its also a pain for those with older computers and slower internet waiting for them to load.  I know from first hand experience.  I could not be here if it wasnt for my phone.  I can get on shorter threads here on my computer but this one rarely loads right.

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Just realize this thread is now 221 pages long.  Every time we come here those all have to load.  That puts you and the rest of us at a much higher risk of problems occurring than a thread with fewer pages to load.  Its also a pain for those with older computers and slower internet waiting for them to load.  I know from first hand experience.  I could not be here if it wasnt for my phone.  I can get on shorter threads here on my computer but this one rarely loads right.

Maybe you or someone else can tell Katy how to open a new thread . . . I don't think it's very hard, is it??  I think there is a button at the top here that lets you open a "new" thread . . . yeah, it says "start new topic" ~ :)   If she knows how to "cut and paste", she can copy the opening post in this thread, then paste it in the new thread.  I hope this helps some?  Not trying to upset the apple cart, okay? ;)

Any of us are willing to be a help to you, KatyAllen, okay?  We love ya! :hug

On 12/25/2017 at 10:10 PM, owlvamp said:

Lovin2Crochet thank you for asking. Life has definitely got in the way of this project. I am still in the process of making this afghan and sadly to say . I have no excuse and hold of already had it done. But with so much going on including my health I never got to finish it. It is on my list of things to complete. 

I need all colors still I will count and get back to you. 

I have been having problems getting logged in. Tonight not a problem. So not sure.

Merry Christmas to all! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

You sound about like me, Sandra ~ that Autumn Log Cabin crocheted afghan I've been trying to finish for the past 2 years has finally gotten finished (last Thursday!) and reached Hawaii this week, to my son and dght-n-law.  Yeah, when you don't feel good, it sure takes its toll on how much you feel like doing, if or when your body decides to cooperate.  I'm hoping this next year will proof more accomplished for me ~ LoL  Hope you'll get to feeling better soon, too!

I've got your list of "square needs" that you posted, saved so I can start working on some more for you, okay? 

(I'm still trying to get all the Friendship squares I've collected over the past couple or three years ago, laid out to assemble . . . maybe I'll get that UFO finished shortly after the first of this coming year ~ :)  That would be so nice!)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too . . . and Happy New Year! :yay  :party

good morning

things went well,have no idea why the stress test said moderate blockage,and the heart cath revealed no blockage,they think he is just having chest wall spasms of no signifacence

enjoy the day

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

things went well,have no idea why the stress test said moderate blockage,and the heart cath revealed no blockage,they think he is just having chest wall spasms of no signifacence

enjoy the day

Linda I am so thankful that it turned out to not be serious.

yes i know how to make a new thread thanks though and all i would need i guess is for the admins to archive the old one or we would  eventually i think  maybe lose it  I will put  that request on the help board ok  dont however hold your breath for it to archive soon though lol  im still not gonna mess with the name change idea though but any of you can its up to you i  didnt realize some were having probs with this one loading i guess as i never do but then  both the desk top and laptop are fairly new so sorry about that  i will start a new thread and wait on archiving the old one  its on my list lol the people have spoken  so it shall be done  i will post here on this thread

first page and here too the new thread i just hope the old missing members will find us lol

yep handy fixed it once he went and got the part carole and just i time  as soon as he walked in the door with the new part it gave a squeal and turned off lol just in time huh!! we have a parts supply house for our type furnace right here a fewmiles  down the street so it went quick and only 112 bucks no labor as he did it lol   lol  

forecast says could be 20 below this weekend is that true and does that then include wind chill???   sheesh   as a high this weekend gosh how do the outside critters make it through something like that anyway?? if a cat or dog is left outside for even a short time in that they probably would freeze to death im sure 

i dont know how birds and rabbits etc can survive that  i worry about that 

well hope to get my remaining squares for our DEC gals finished and puff'y'ed up today and will try to do the new thread today i hope anyway  those are my priorities today lol see you all a bit later ok  

8 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

You sound about like me, Sandra ~ that Autumn Log Cabin crocheted afghan I've been trying to finish for the past 2 years has finally gotten finished (last Thursday!) and reached Hawaii this week, to my son and dght-n-law.  Yeah, when you don't feel good, it sure takes its toll on how much you feel like doing, if or when your body decides to cooperate.  I'm hoping this next year will proof more accomplished for me ~ LoL  Hope you'll get to feeling better soon, too!

I've got your list of "square needs" that you posted, saved so I can start working on some more for you, okay? 

(I'm still trying to get all the Friendship squares I've collected over the past couple or three years ago, laid out to assemble . . . maybe I'll get that UFO finished shortly after the first of this coming year ~ :)  That would be so nice!)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too . . . and Happy New Year! :yay  :party

I have some squares ready for you.  I have to package them and then make a trip into town to mail them which is often harder for me to get done than making them

Archived