katyallen8090

Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Love the list Kathy.

Sorry I am not on much.  My knee seems to be hurting worse, since the Dr. played with it.  I have an appointment with the Knee Dr. on Thursday.  Can't wait to see what he has to say.  Oh Kathy, no the knee is not swollen.  It is actually on the side where it hurts.  I can not sit at the computer for long.

I have some squares that will be going out to Charis this week.

Well, I am going over to post the table and tree, then back to my recliner.

Have a great weekend.

Hey Brenda, let's hope KC has a good game this afternoon.

• Like 1

Hey Ladies.

So let me catch you up. My oldest son and his wife is fostering 2 babies. both girls, 9 months and 2 yrs old. They will definately have them through christmas. so i am currently making them stockings. and my only daughter is pregnant and dues April 29. So over night i became a nanny. 

• Like 1

Sandra we have been trying to go thru things too.  Yesterday I sent my bread machine that I bought years ago at a garage sale.  I can make more bread in less time mixing it in my kitchen aide and baking in the oven.  I never liked the crusty upright loaf anyway.  You have done a great job in the past making gifts so I am anxious to see what you come up with. In the long run its not the presents that count but the time you spend together.

Katy no I am not on antibiotics but mucinex is my best friend at the moment.  Its more at the bronchitis stage right now so hopefully thats as far as it gets. Had to cook a can of chicken noodle soup in the middle of the night as I needed something hot to drink and dont like coffee and not fond of tea.  I think the salty helps too.  Dont forget to add the diet coke to the list.

Yep Mary Jo we are hoping for a KC win today.  If you can pry that smart phone out of Tampa Guys hands you can use it to get on here from the comfort of your recliner. I love my phone because of that.

• Like 1

Good Morning.  Well, I posted the table and tree this morning.  You can find it here.

Yeah Brenda, I just remembered I have a new Kindle 10 that I can use.  I will have to take it out and not just read when I open it.

I am still finding things I have to change the time on and one of them is the pool pump.  It is now 7:30 and it should not come on till 8:30.

Well off to my corner to make some more Christmas Pickles for handouts.

Have a fun day.

• Like 1

Mary Jo love your table and tree.  Wish the game had ended differently.  

How is everyone else doing with the time change?  I wish they would just leave it one way or the other.  Sat night at our house the clocks I set I moved forward another hour and dh messed with others but set them back to the current day light savings time.  He shortly figured out what he did and said something which caused me to realize what I did.  Then this morning my clothes were laid out on the bed.  I put my jeans on,went to do something and went back for my t-shirt and it wasnt there.  I looked and looked for it and finally found it hanging behind me from the waist of my jeans.   That ranks right up there with the time dh was looking for his glasses and they were on top of his head.  We're alright arent we?  Slept better last night and feel a little better today.  I have tried to crochet but not getting very far.

Katy did you see Pam has another afghan put together and I recognize several of my squares in it?  Sounds like its going to be a rough winter at PRR as donations there are down because of the hurricanes and fire.

Edited by bgs
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kristy Taylor said:

Hey Ladies.

So let me catch you up. My oldest son and his wife is fostering 2 babies. both girls, 9 months and 2 yrs old. They will definately have them through christmas. so i am currently making them stockings. and my only daughter is pregnant and dues April 29. So over night i became a nanny. 

tell them thanks so much,from someone who was also a foster child

• Like 1

this time change doesn't mess with me as much as the spring time one does.I've had a iffy week,almost everyday I had mis placed something and had to back track or call on St. Anthony to help me locate items.One was a dotting tool,to make dot designs on rocks,I looked high and low for an evening and morning,knowing full well I brought it into the kitchen,I have a bad habit of walking with things,and setting them in places I think I'll remember,hmmm not so much.I was dotting a rock sitting next to Jimmy,using the same table where he puts his color pencils,so it didn't travel to the kitchen as I thought,but set on the table,the next morning something made me go through his pencil cases and eyeglass cases,that a new favorite place for him to stash his pencils,and lo and behold,there is the dotting tool mixed in with his pencils,if he didn't have his glasses on,it could have looked like a black pencil

• Like 1

Kristy way to go!!!

I believe it takes very special people to Foster. My husband and I talk about it but, we know right now we couldn't for many reason. But I love children. 

How is everyone doing? Everyone getting ready for Thanks Giving? I've thought about it but, that's about all that I have done.

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone. 

I love reading about people who help others and one group we should help is children.  Great news on the little ones.

Yeah Brenda.  I wish it had ended better also.  But that is ok, the Cowboys get the Eagles in 2 weeks.  Hopefully that will end better.

I just finished some Christmas pickles.  I don't think I will be giving them out.

I am now going to work on a Gonk that is wearing a pumpkin.  This should be fun.

Well off to see what trouble I can get into, or off to my recliner.

Have fun.

Sandra just thinking about Thanksgiving here too.  I need to be cleaning house but not feeling like it.  Its just dh, myself, sis and niece like its been for the last several years.  Dh likes the traditional meal so I cook it for him.  I would rather have a big pot of chili.  

Mary Jo that would be doubly nice if the Eagles beat them wouldnt it.?  Basically when its the Cowboys or the Patriots I am rooting for the team thats playing them.  So you are not happy with the pickles? 

Last couple of weeks there has been very little sunshine and its been damp and cold.   Didnt sleep good last night because I was coughing too much so I think I will slather on the vicks and plug the heating pad in and not do much today.  

• Like 1

hi all oh and thanks for the stories made me laugh out loud it did  the glasses the t shirt and 

the dotting tool lol  and time changes all so funny  glad bgs is feeling better and mary jo what pickles lol  my mil used to make the most bestest  ever pickles and jar them they were terrific i remember about the time cause i have so many clocks lol but i do not do   them all  but the chiming ones are the hardest cause some chime 24 seven some dont chime at night  handy got one wrong setting it as he said it woke him up at 1 am  lol i will have to do it right lol

hope your knee is on the mend too mj and im heading off soon to check out the latest table!!  

charis I  have some squares for you going out by mid next week  oh and kristy gonna need you addy again for dec  thanks  wishing for all to  all keep spirits high and troubles at bay    best of the best for the rest of the rest !!!:ghug

• Like 2

On 11/6/2017 at 6:31 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning.  Well, I posted the table and tree this morning.  You can find it here.

Yeah Brenda, I just remembered I have a new Kindle 10 that I can use.  I will have to take it out and not just read when I open it.

I am still finding things I have to change the time on and one of them is the pool pump.  It is now 7:30 and it should not come on till 8:30.

Well off to my corner to make some more Christmas Pickles for handouts.

Have a fun day.

just precious  love the figures and that turkey lol  thanks for posting those pics!!

• Like 1

good morning

this the second day of rain,it should clear by Friday,not much else is news here,have a wonderful day

• Like 1

morning all  

been keeping busy??  i finished a childs scarf today  it went nicely as they are shorter ( 36 to about 42 perhaps  )and so they move right along  did a load of laundry the sheets from the other day  and did some dishes and took a shower and washed my hair and and and lol  now im done till probably after lunch then i will find something else thats needs my attention and energy lol till it is all used up lol  

i cant even foster a dog or cat or i would keep them all and soon be over grown with kitties and doggies  i dont ever watch those commercials on tv about those poor animals you know the ones i mean that need rescuing or help i cant bear to watch them  i usually dont look at the tv when i can hear them and mute the sound  till its over i just cant take those sad eyes 

sunny and oh so bright out today!! Handy went to look at a gate for the yard as this one is not a good one we have cyclone fencing out back but the gate off the deck needs to be replaced   it has never been a good gate lol we always left it open for ginger to use when she was out but would like to be able to open and close it now  as we dont want to leave it open all the time anymore   

we dont really have stray dogs here but there are raccoons and possums and we dont want to allow them access to the deck for obvious reasons lol  or more over under it    The scent of ginger all over the yard kept them out butnow she is gone soo 

oh and charis your squares went out today!! so heads up  

i think ill go and make some tuna salad for sandwiches here for lunch so ill catch you all later on have a good day all of you!!

• Like 1

Started off cold (in the 20's) this morning but the sun was out for the first time in several days.  I started the day off ok getting a few things done but this afternoon I fell asleep in my chair.  Found some more opened cat food in the fridge and put it out in the shed.  Felt better yet sad when I saw one of the neighborhood cats out there.  I was hoping a cat was getting the food and not a raccoon or oppossum.  This was the cat that would surprse dh in the garden last summer and meow at him until he got it some food.

Mary Jo hope your appointment for thd knee went well.

Edited by bgs

ah bgs maybe that cat is a sign that your tc is doing well huh  im glad you feed it    at one time in our other house we regularly fed 11 strays and one by one got them tame enough to take them in and get them all fixed too one at a time then a few of the really tamed ones worked their way inside lol those were the best cats as they were always so grateful for a home the remaining outside cats that were still too cautious to  venture inside we had build them a little warm spot in the shed equipped with a room heater in the winter too  one by one all the outside ones were disappearing and so when we moved we took the others with us  moving in here we had 5 cats and ginger lol they have all passed now  in the 10 years we have lived here and then maxie came along as a stray here  and he is our golden boy lol albeit a grey striped one haha  Ginger was really the only pet we had that was not a stray  we saw a sign up in the window of the country store in our town and on a spur of the moment me and daughter went to look at the puppies  well course we had to have her and almost took her brother too should have but didnt and she grew up with us from being a little fur ball that could walk under our min. schnauzer to a few mouths later him walking under her lol   our schnauzer was left by a young neighbor gal when she moved to fend for himself i guess and we went out one am and he was curled up in our porch swing and he  never worried about a home again as we kept him from that point on  i can never understand how people can just abandoned their pets like that you know  He lived a long and healthy life with us and he and ginger were best pals 

well nice trip down memory lane so thanks for that  i miss them all for sure    

ok what is happening today  i have a message to kristy for her addy again as i dont seem to have it does anyone out there have it  i have some squares ready for her bday  in Dec but waiting on add 

normal day today so far bright and sunny but a cool wind howling makes it seem not so warm lol so im off to see what i can get myself into today lol later all and hope bgs feels better with her sinus's and mjs knee is ok and all of our struggles take a vacation from troubling us all today and  hope for the best day we can have today for all of us!!      

Good Morning.  Sorry I have been gone for 2 days.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and he could not find anything wrong on the x-ray, so he gave me a cortisone (or something like it) shot in the knee and told me it should take 2 days to work and if it is not good in a week or 2 come back for another.  If that one does not work, then I will go for an MRI.  They can see more with that.  One good thing is that it is not arthritis. I can extend my knee fully, so arthritis is ruled out.  Yesterday I could not feel much of the pain, today it is back.  I was afraid of this.

Last night I was working on Gonk in a pumpkin and the couch ate my hook.  It is an Amour size G.  I thought I had another, but I must of lost that one a long time ago.  Anyway, I ended up getting out my wooden handled G hook and I am good to go for today.  Tampa Guy went on Amazon and ordered me 3 Amour Size G hooks last night.  I also got the lecture that when I am not using it, I should put it in the yarn or the container I am working with. :sigh Not a good day yesterday.

Cool and cloudy today with a little spritzing of rain.

Well off to my corner.  Have a fun day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I also got the lecture that when I am not using it, I should put it in the yarn or the container I am working with. :sigh

In my defense Tampa Doll (Mary Jo) Has misplaced (lost) 10 to 20 hooks over the years.  I don’t like to see her

frustrated searching the couch for  hooks or needles:rant ( yes she has lost multiple large sewing needles ..lol) :cry

So on occasion I offer some constructive suggestions’. :think  A thankless Job of a husband…lol :2frog

Found Hook

Gonk Pumpkin Patch 01 (3).JPG

Edited by Tampa Guy
found hook
  • Like 3

aw  mj  you and i for sure have good mates handy wouldn't go on the puter but he sure  would be the  one telling me to do it and get more lol  and has done so on many occasions 

for many thungs lol  

Thanks John for taking such good care of or  our Mary Jo !!:hug 

question for you all has anyone heard from our granny annie?? I know it is hard for her to get on the puter for some time but was wondering how she is doing  does anyone know??

another stray one is lea how about her any word anyone??

i miss my cantaloupe too much sugar oh i guess i could eat a few chunks but the rest would soon go to waste as i couldn't eat it all before it spoiled and handy doesn't eat it at all you know so it would spoil i think   

today is quite chilly and overcast to boot  heard it as snowing up further north burrrr lol   my house furnace has been on and off a million times already and my little personal room heater in the craft room has been on low pretty steady ll morning  course my chair is by the window  but no other place to put my chair and such and besides i like the light and the view so just use the little heater when im in there  lol  works for me :yay    

heard from sis in Idaho last night and hubby is in hosp with a cyst in his pancreas causing probs but wont take it out right now and he will probably go home today with anti- inflammatory and antibiotics so   wait and see game hoping it clears up i guess   and she is somewhat down with a badly sprained ankle and has been for weeks but has not  had it cheeked out yet!!i told her she better soon as she is diabetic too and she should  not mess with injuries that dont heal  trust me  she doesn't seem to take her diabetes seriously and she should as it will get her somewhere along the line if she doesn't  seven weeks for a sprained ankle is not normal am i right or what    

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

aw  mj  you and i for sure have good mates handy wouldn't go on the puter but he sure  would be the  one telling me to do it and get more lol  and has done so on many occasions 

for many thungs lol     

cute pumpkin creature mj!! 

Thanks John for taking such good care of or  our Mary Jo !!:hug 

question for you all has anyone heard from our granny annie?? I know it is hard for her to get on the puter for some time but was wondering how she is doing  does anyone know??

another stray one is lea how about her any word anyone??

i miss my cantaloupe too much sugar oh i guess i could eat a few chunks but the rest would soon go to waste as i couldn't eat it all before it spoiled and handy doesn't eat it at all you know so it would spoil i think   

today is quite chilly and overcast to boot  heard it as snowing up further north burrrr lol   my house furnace has been on and off a million times already and my little personal room heater in the craft room has been on low pretty steady ll morning  course my chair is by the window  but no other place to put my chair and such and besides i like the light and the view so just use the little heater when im in there  lol  works for me     

heard from sis in Idaho last night and hubby is in hosp with a cyst in his pancreas causing probs but wont take it out right now and he will probably go home today with anti- inflammatory and antibiotics so   wait and see game hoping it clears up i guess   and she is somewhat down with a badly sprained ankle and has been for weeks but has not had it cheeked out yet!!i told her she better soon as she is diabetic too and she should  not mess with injuries that dont heal  trust me   

i hope your knee improves mj and i did see i think some of my square in pams latest blanket on thr prr thread  too bgs i make usually the solid-er ones for that purpose and i never remember them but know i did quite a few solid color solid squares soooo   i never do remember what they looked like once they leave here lol 

ok out for a bit catch you later stay warm!!   :wcold

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

Mary Jo,

Sorry to hear that you lost your hook. I know how frustrating that can be..:(

Here is a picture how I solved that problem! :hook.

All you need; glass jar, piece of felt & hot glue gun (you need to glue that to that jar in the back). Fold that felt couple times (about 4 layers) so will hold the needles.  

That jar is always next to me when I am crocheting. It works very well.

Krys

DSC01339.JPG

• Like 1

oh forgot to say im working on a light and lofty scarf withi a l Lucite hook L  and doing one dc ch 1 across  its the only way i could get control of that light and lofty yarn lol ill pic it when done  thats when i though so soft and fluffy a scarf might work well for granny annie so that is why i mentionred her and her charity  

• Like 1

yes !! that works KRYS     i have a carousel compartmented thing i use it has a place for everything lol  what a good idea huh !!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tampa Guy said:

In my defense Tampa Doll (Mary Jo) Has misplaced (lost) 10 to 20 hooks over the years.  I don’t like to see her

frustrated searching the couch for  hooks or needles:rant ( yes she has lost multiple large sewing needles ..lol) :cry

So on occasion I offer some constructive suggestions’. :think  A thankless Job of a husband…lol :2frog

Found Hook

Gonk Pumpkin Patch 01 (3).JPG

Need some clarification.  Would that be 10 to 20 hooks never found?  I have misplaced the same hook easily that many times in just the last year.  

Love where you allegedly found the hook.

I do know she has lost at least one large sewing needle as I found one in a something she sent me.  We just considered it a little "extra".

• Like 2