Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

I love the channels running the Westerns and old stuff.  Wish I had the one running all the Star Treks but the one that runs Westerns on Sat and during the days during the week runs the original ST Sat night. I would rather watch the old shows than most of the current programming.  There are some I am watching now that I did not watch when originally aired.  They have too many shows like Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother etc for my taste.  One thing I find fascinating is  spotting actors like Leonard Nimoy on Perry Mason, Rawhide, Bonanza, Wm Shatner on Big Valley, Deforest Kelley on Bonanza and Chuck Conners on Super Man.

Mary Jo I feel at the very least neglected that they have not responded at all to the Board Help issues we posted and even more disturbed you and Terri got no response to your pms.  Guess it was a good way to go ahead and kill off the already dying wish lists.  Makes me sad.

I hate to tell you all this but somehow I got this setup to go to my first unread post in a thread.  I cant tell how I did it.  

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is how I am set up

Unread -showing all content I have not read and posted since my last visit

Unread Filters

Show me --items only

Content type--all content

Read status-unread

Ownership-everything

Following--everything

Time period-last visit

Sorting-newest first

Results as expanded

Amy helped me set it up this way in this thread

https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/159058-new-activity-tab/

12 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

well im confused for sure just an awful lot of scrolling for me was wondering if any one had any clues lol  i dont  know how to change or even get to your list but thanks anyway lol  

Go to the link I posted and read through it.  Amy explained to me how to do it there.  If you get it set up its great.  I just come here and select unread.  All the threads that have posts since my last visit show up.  I select the thread I want to read and it takes me to my first unread post.

Girls if you look at these pictures they will help you go to your first unread posts in a thread. Go to My activity Streams then Content I follow. There is a little star next to the name of the thread and if you click that star, it will take you to the first unread post. Hope it helps! I discovered this by accident.

crop.5.jpg

crop1.jpg

54 minutes ago, Tribble79 said:

Girls if you look at these pictures they will help you go to your first unread posts in a thread. Go to My activity Streams then Content I follow. There is a little star next to the name of the thread and if you click that star, it will take you to the first unread post. Hope it helps! I discovered this by accident.

crop.5.jpg

crop1.jpg

Yes thats where Amy had me create new stream and then make my selections otherwise it comes up with their default selections where it lets you select what you want but not let you save it.

Well we just got word that dh's cousin who was very dear to him passed away today at the age of 79. I always enjoyed when we got to go visit her and really admired her grit.  She loved cooking huge meals for large family get togethers (something I am not good at all doing) She hosted  family reunions at the farm where she continued to live after her husband passed away.  Her kids wanted her to move or at least let them hire someone to keep up the mowing but she wouldnt hear of it.  Matter of fact her dr told the kids to leave her be as that was probably the reason she was still alive ( she had beat a cancer or two and had bypass surgeries). The farm house is well over 100 years old but she and her husband had remodeled it updating it with electricity and plumbing doing a lot of it themselves.  It has a woodburning furnace.  I always found it incredible that it looked like such a little house on the outside but was huge on the inside--3 huge bedrooms,1 small one, and bathroom on second floor.  Two bedrooms have a king sized bed in them and one has two.  The first floor has a large kitchen, dining room, living room, huge bedroom and bathroom.  She always made me feel welcome and like I fit right in.

25 minutes ago, pineknott said:

what wonderful memories you have of her,my sympathy on your loss

In the grand scheme of things I never got to visit many times but she made a big impression on me.  When dh and I got married she, her husband and her brothers were his family that he wanted me to meet as his folks were gone.  She was all set up to keep tabs on dh's father in a nursing home when dh was being deployed in the first Gulf War which was before my time.  She told the funniest stories about herself and family like the time her ornery son put a firecracker in her cigarette or nearly electrocuted  in a lawn chair.  She so loved having as much family from her kids, grandkids, great grandkids, brothers, nieces, nephews, cousins and all their families together at her house for a meal.  Not that she had to do for that many by herself because as each of us womenfolk walked in the door we all pitched in to help and we had fun doing it.

22 hours ago, bgs said:

I love the channels running the Westerns and old stuff.  Wish I had the one running all the Star Treks but the one that runs Westerns on Sat and during the days during the week runs the original ST Sat night. I would rather watch the old shows than most of the current programming.  There are some I am watching now that I did not watch when originally aired.  They have too many shows like Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother etc for my taste.  One thing I find fascinating is  spotting actors like Leonard Nimoy on Perry Mason, Rawhide, Bonanza, Wm Shatner on Big Valley, Deforest Kelley on Bonanza and Chuck Conners on Super Man.

Mary Jo I feel at the very least neglected that they have not responded at all to the Board Help issues we posted and even more disturbed you and Terri got no response to your pms.  Guess it was a good way to go ahead and kill off the already dying wish lists.  Makes me sad.

I hate to tell you all this but somehow I got this setup to go to my first unread post in a thread.  I cant tell how I did it.  

I did NOT got reply either to my PM I sent  (Help section too) about problems I have. I think both of our owners just do not have a time. They must be very busy with that "Sparkle Studio" and other stuff..

It would been nice if someone else would got "appointed" by them to take care things here.

Krys

On 10/21/2017 at 11:11 AM, bgs said:

Difficult morning as expected. I feel so bad for dh as he is taking it extremely hard.  To they top it off as we were leaving vet they were shutting streets down all around us for a high school marching band invitational.  Sure didnt need to be trapped there for hours. Its warm and wind is blowing.  Storms are brewing.

Prayers going out for you and hubby.

hi all  quiet here too if you ignore the whistling wind lol  nothing new to report  comment on or discuss so kinda blah today  all for now see ya later  oh i know Tampa the city has a rapist or something loose is that right tampa??? lock your doors everyone as i have not heard he has bee taken into custody yet       

Big Hugs:hug:hug to you and DH Brenda.  She sounds like she was a wonderful person.

Not much going on, except it is nice and cool here.  We had a full day of rain yesterday and now the cool air has come to town.

I still have the pocket of the tote to do and I hope to get it done or at least started today. 

Hope you all have a great day.

On 10/22/2017 at 4:41 PM, bgs said:

Go to the link I posted and read through it.  Amy explained to me how to do it there.  If you get it set up its great.  I just come here and select unread.  All the threads that have posts since my last visit show up.  I select the thread I want to read and it takes me to my first unread post.

that sounda like what i want!! thanks  sometime when im feeling smart i will try that  lol

until then i just scroll lol  

lets see watched the movie we got Pelican Brief  it was a good story  got a couple more reading audio books at the lilibrary

we did today  we have been lucky and ordered another movie too maybe we will watch that this weekend if it comes by then

working on two scarves with home spun now i cm use that ok and have some to use up but that light and lofty i will bury in a bottom bin lol

watched a couple tutorials this am and have done dishes made tuna salad and threw some towels in to 

wash when i get a little more to add to it 

smaller loads for me are easier cause they are just easier to transfer from washer to dryer to basket to table etc   but when handy is here

wash the larger loads as he will do the transfer but sometimes i dont want to  wait lol   

oh finally got my steam mop too long story  the day it was supposed to come in i checked online first and order had been canceled  no notice no reason just said it was canceled  so after a couple calls to the store  it was supposed to come in at they finally found out it didn't come in on the truck or went to another store  more calls no one said they had it she can reorder and put rush on it i asked why someone didn't call me first or even ask me if i wanted to reorder first and she apologized

but in the end i just canceled the rush order thinking three more weeks no thanks got the  refund back on the bank card and went to target and got one  lol

sheesh haven't used it yet but will very soon lol   might be today!!  all for right now folkies see ya soon hope all are doing well  !!

Good Morning from very cool Florida.  It is almost long pants weather.  It will be even cooler tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well this morning.

I put aside the tote for a couple of days to make a cozy for our new cell phone.  It is in the new Crochet World, Dec. 2017.  Fascinating stitch. Instead of the usually way you crochet, you crochet thru the legs of each stitch.  Gives it a very different look.  This is for a large cell phone.  There is also a pattern for a small phone and a tablet.

Well off to see what the world has to offer.  We are waiting for our friend to come over to do some work in the yard.

High Tech Cozy 01.JPG

High Tech Cozy.JPG

hi everyone   well my goodness mj how cute is that!! i love that stitch and have used something like it with some of the heavier yarns as it is easier to go between the stitches with it but  have to watch  my stitch count lol  i think calling them legs is cute do you go in the top of the leg or kinda between cause i love your pattern so neat 

Lynda  my blah day was yesterday and so i hope you didn't catch it from me 

how  is Brenda doing today i bet you are keeping busy huh and how is dh better i hope  

i finally read the booklet on the steam mop so feel confident i can use it now successfully  well tomorrow anyway lol  seems simple enough and i have a couple

more pads for it coming as i just know i will use them so might as well get them now lol one in the wash one ready to go lol   

well nothing much else here has been a lovely yet on the cooler side day today and they are talking snow flurries possible on Friday   too  early  too early lol  

well apparently i didnt do something when i tried to get the settings to last post read again cause i ha to scroll again today  sigh oh well if thats all i have to complain about today im doing pretty good huh  

all for now more later   toodles!!! :ghug

Hello,

Mary Jo, the case is very pretty.

We had rain last night and this morning and the temps have dropped, we're expecting mid 50s tonight.

Not much else going on here. Have a great night.

Good evening everyone.

It seems life has it way of getting in the way of me getting on the internet so much these days. I have a few moment to myself and wanted to check in. Hubby, grandson and daughter are watching the second Harry Potter movie so I broke away for I just didn't feel like watching it tonight.

I hope everyone is doing good and well.

Take care 

Good Morning.  Dancing :woo:dance in the streets here.  Starting to dig out my long pants.  It was 54 this morning when we got up and it is not suppose to go over 70.  I think fall is finally here.

I have 11 more rows on the pocket of the tote and then I can get to the extra's.

Hope everyone has a great day.

hi all  

just popping in  hope all is somewhat better with owlvamp and brenda too  good to hear from you sandra    how is everyone doing chilly and windy again today possible snow flurries tomorrow    glad you are happy wiith your weathwer mj  a;ll for now gotta run   

Archived