Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Mary Jo has dh got bored with the new phone yet?  Have you watched The Orville?  We are getting a kick out of it.  Think the gelatinous crew member that looks like mucus on the mucinex commercial is hysterical.  Cant believe tote time is here again.

Linda is the company still there and have you found or painted any more rocks?

Katy what are you Handy and Max up to today?  I did a few things outside like bag the birdbath for winter and pick some tomatoes and hot peppers.  Dont think I have touched a  crochet hook in a couple of weeks.  

Tribble have you watched The Orville?  Whats Little Trib doing for Halloween?  We would have went to Glow tonight and look at all the elaborate jack o lanterns if things had been different.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, bgs said:

Tribble have you watched The Orville?  Whats Little Trib doing for Halloween?  We would have went to Glow tonight and look at all the elaborate jack o lanterns if things had been different.

Yes, we are loving The Orville - it's fantastic! I love the gelatinous crew member too, hilarious! I understand not feeling like doing things when things like this happens. Little Tribble was celebrating his kittys birthday yesterday. We rescued him, he wouldn't have made it had we not taken him in. Didn't know his birthday so Braxton said he wanted his birthday to be on Halloween. We said okay. About a week ago, he decided to change the date to the 20th (birthday party a day early he said)! LOL. He even made us sing happy birthday to his kitty.

Little Tribble is going as Cursed Puss in Boots. Cursed Boots is black instead of Ginger (according to Little Tribble) LOL... We've got all the pieces for his outfit now just have to put together.

31 minutes ago, Tribble79 said:

Yes, we are loving The Orville - it's fantastic! I love the gelatinous crew member too, hilarious! I understand not feeling like doing things when things like this happens. Little Tribble was celebrating his kittys birthday yesterday. We rescued him, he wouldn't have made it had we not taken him in. Didn't know his birthday so Braxton said he wanted his birthday to be on Halloween. We said okay. About a week ago, he decided to change the date to the 20th (birthday party a day early he said)! LOL. He even made us sing happy birthday to his kitty.

Little Tribble is going as Cursed Puss in Boots. Cursed Boots is black instead of Ginger (according to Little Tribble) LOL... We've got all the pieces for his outfit now just have to put together.

Aw so sweet having a birthday party for his kitty.  We somehow managed to miss the first two or three episodes so was glad to see them rerun the first one last night.  Dh laughs and says we never saw Sulu and Checkov high five on the bridge.  

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Mary Jo has dh got bored with the new phone yet?  Have you watched The Orville?  We are getting a kick out of it.  Think the gelatinous crew member that looks like mucus on the mucinex commercial is hysterical.  Cant believe tote time is here again.

Linda is the company still there and have you found or painted any more rocks?

Katy what are you Handy and Max up to today?  I did a few things outside like bag the birdbath for winter and pick some tomatoes and hot peppers.  Dont think I have touched a  crochet hook in a couple of weeks.  

Brenda

it was just a short visit,they got in Fri. afternoon and left Sunday around noon.I have my first batch ready to go out,I'll have Rene' post a picture of them,she has put out near 50,and there has been some responses back,my find this week was a balloon bouquet,made me smile

59 minutes ago, pineknott said:

Brenda

it was just a short visit,they got in Fri. afternoon and left Sunday around noon.I have my first batch ready to go out,I'll have Rene' post a picture of them,she has put out near 50,and there has been some responses back,my find this week was a balloon bouquet,made me smile

So neat.  I would love to see pictures of them.

11 hours ago, howieann said:

Brenda - I am so sorry!

We've been watching The Orville, too. I never enjoyed Star Trek much, but we're having fun with this one!

We liked Star Trek and were bummed out that the new one was not on broadcast tv.  I was flipping thru stations and landed on The Orville and thought wow sure sounds looks and  feels like Star Trek but with much more humor. 

Difficult morning as expected. I feel so bad for dh as he is taking it extremely hard.  To they top it off as we were leaving vet they were shutting streets down all around us for a high school marching band invitational.  Sure didnt need to be trapped there for hours. Its warm and wind is blowing.  Storms are brewing.

We love the Orville.  We started to watch it because of the main character.  We become hooked after the first one.  I use to like Star Trek the original one.  Did not like the ones after that.  I have the new Star Trek Movies, I really like them.

John is still have fun with the phone.  He got me the new Kindle 10 with Alexis on it?  I can read my books better, as the writing is larger.

My heart is aching for you and DH Brenda.  It is the hardest decision we all have to make.:hug

Beautiful day today.  Cool, clear and the sun is shinning and making the pool sparkle. 

We went to lunch with two of my sisters and a niece.  Brother in law couldnt go so we visited awhile when he got back.  

Linda love your rocks.  Thanks for posting the pictures.  Showed them to my sis and she thought you did a great job with them.  She has found a couple and posted her finds on the fb page for them and rehid them.

We went to pumpkins on parade with sis and niece while it was still light out and we saw 3 painted rocks but left them for others.  It sprinkled a bit and rain is mo ing in later.

Mary Jo I wasnt into Star Trek when the original one aired.  I didnt see many of the Next Gen episodes when originally aired either but caught them in syndication.  Guess I sort of learned to love them all.

thanks Brenda,the one that says hi was my first one,the last one was the green one with 5 eyes,don't know if I'll part withe the one that says love with the heart for the o,the rock is heart shaped

4 hours ago, pineknott said:

here are some that I worked on

second is the balloon bouquet

and the  rest are Rene's work

Sooo much fun to paint rocks.

I love all the Star Treks. My favorite is The Original Series, least favorite is Deep Space 9. The movies of course are great as well, my favorites being The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country. I have watched them SOOOOO many times! I fell in love with Star Trek when I was an early teenager We didn't have a TV so I began my Star Trek experience reading the Book series. This was the 90s. Always been a Trekkie. Always will be. I love all sci fi. My favorites including Dr Who, Taken Miniseries by Steven Spielberg, Galaxy Quest, Evolution, All of the Alien movies, Species, Predator. Etc. :)

My weekend to work so working. I think the Halloween Parade is Tuesday which I have to work, but trick or treating is Thursday so Little Tribble is getting pretty excited. We havn't done anything much for Halloween so far since Mr Tribbles Knee Replacement was the 9th. Hopefully next year we will be able to go do more! Bout time to have Little Tribble watch Scared Stupid and Nightmare before Christmas with me!! LOL, he wasn't impressed last year with Rocky Horror - a bit too young still.

Have a great night all Talk to everyone later.

hi all evening for me lol  daughter was here and ordered me a couple things for the laptop and the desk top and we ate and then chatted a wile  hope jum is better tomorrow brenda and you too  it never goes away th feeling of loss i  meanb ut it does dull a bit as time goes on 

she is not hurting or struggling anymore and many of the pets that preceded her to heaven will welcome her aboard im sure  i was o0n the second to the last cd of this audio book and my laptops disk drivd  srtarted making noise so i stopped it and turned it off and it would not eject so that i when i called daughter to find out what to do  she came over with her special computer tools and she took the cd out as it belongs to our library, and to avoid any further trouble in the future, she ordered a new cd drive  and will put that in for me when it comes in a ouple days, she is a true genius with stuff like this, lol thank goodness,, part is about 12 bucks so just as well to get a new one, then to chance mess up a borrowed audio book cds, l ol   

been a slow day raining on and off all day dark out most of the day you know a day to stay in and we have a  movie to watch but will do that tomorrow 

so all for now, see you all tomorrow, hopefully it will be a sunny day  huh,,  

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

thanks Brenda,the one that says hi was my first one,the last one was the green one with 5 eyes,don't know if I'll part withe the one that says love with the heart for the o,the rock is heart shaped

oh they aree fantastic lynda nice going on the rocks !!!  :yay

1 hour ago, Tribble79 said:

Sooo much fun to paint rocks.

I love all the Star Treks. My favorite is The Original Series, least favorite is Deep Space 9. The movies of course are great as well, my favorites being The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country. I have watched them SOOOOO many times! I fell in love with Star Trek when I was an early teenager We didn't have a TV so I began my Star Trek experience reading the Book series. This was the 90s. Always been a Trekkie. Always will be. I love all sci fi. My favorites including Dr Who, Taken Miniseries by Steven Spielberg, Galaxy Quest, Evolution, All of the Alien movies, Species, Predator. Etc. :)

My weekend to work so working. I think the Halloween Parade is Tuesday which I have to work, but trick or treating is Thursday so Little Tribble is getting pretty excited. We havn't done anything much for Halloween so far since Mr Tribbles Knee Replacement was the 9th. Hopefully next year we will be able to go do more! Bout time to have Little Tribble watch Scared Stupid and Nightmare before Christmas with me!! LOL, he wasn't impressed last year with Rocky Horror - a bit too young still.

Have a great night all Talk to everyone later.

I missed the last season or so of DS9.  I got married and moved out here and he had a very old tv and was using rabbit ears and we are too far out for that. I did not watch tv for a year or better.    We went to visit my aunt and  uncle  and my uncle asked me about our tv situation.  I said we have FUZZY tv.  My uncle worked for Zenith and was good with electronic stuff and I always got his advice on electronics.  Shortly after that we got an outside antenna and got it hooked up to my tv.  It was funny when dh commented he could see the newscasters faces now.

We watched Ernest Scared Stupid Wed night.  I still enjoy  Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. We rotate the others like Nightmare Before Christmas, Ghost Busters, Haunted Mansion, Hocus Pocus, Lemony Snickets, and all The Pirates of the Caribbean. 

For the past few years on sat evening we have watched the old classic horror shows hosted by svenghoolie.  I had never watched them before but dh loves them.  

Hope Little Trib has a great Halloween and Mr Tribs rehab for the knee replacement goes well.

Linda I dont blame you one bit for keeping the heart rock.  Its pretty neat.

Katy sad ride home tonight.  He is taking it very hard.  Says he's not sure he is going to make it thru this one.  I feel so bad for him.

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Linda I dont blame you one bit for keeping the heart rock.  Its pretty neat.

Katy sad ride home tonight.  He is taking it very hard.  Says he's not sure he is going to make it thru this one.  I feel so bad for him.

Im so sorry  for you both time wont heal but will dull the pain a bit my prayers still include you all. 

The rocks are very beautiful.  The one my sister had made me was black with flowers on it.  She would of loved the rock hiding.

Ok, I am going to take some of you down nostalgia lane.  We have a station here that show all the old cowboy shows.  Rawhide, the Virginian, Bonanza, Have Gun will Travel, just to name a few.  Once in a while I sit and watch them and think.  "These people can't act".  Then I laugh.

There is another channel that shows all the old Star Trek shows, I have not seen DS9 though.

It is funny to watch things we use to be glued to the TV to watch.

Quite day today. Nice and cool, so maybe the humidity has gone away for a while.

Have fun today.  

ha yeah i hear ya mary jol some old movie channel we have i think the same thing about and old comedies how could people back in the day laugh at this junk lol  my how sophisticated and grown up our tastes have becume now huh lol  suns out today slept better gonna be a golden day lol 

handy must have needed something to do this am as he left to go to the laundry mat to Finally wash my heavy winter comforter  its been bagged in the car since oh i dunno Feb or so lol  cant donate it or toss it till it was washed as i used it when i came home from the hosp and might have some bad germs on it  and i dont wish that infection on anyone so once its clean then i will decide what to do with it lol 

well daughter got my drive ordered yesterday and a headset with mic and oh yeah a cord i think to  turn bedroom big screen into a second monitor for my desk top in there to be able to watch a movie on the big tv  she is just so tekky and i thank goodness she is cause im definitely NOT LOL i can use these devices fine but when it comes to diagnosis and or repair that is out of my range of knowledge just putting it mildly lol  i call her and her hubby my personal geek squad lol best buy aint got nuttin on those two lol  she even has a small toolbox with specialty computer tools i it  one handy thing she has she calls a sesame tool cos as she eplained it opens things mom you know

like open sesame lol    lol  and too shay it did!!   i need one of those! we had chicken alfredo casserole yesterday so she got at least fed for her work and time 

oh gosh well time to move things along and accomplish something this morning  hope everyone is planing on having an interesting if not spectacular day today!   my sis cried when she called me to thank  me for the flowers  made her day so that too made me happy she was happy   all for now more on the other side of the am pm thing lol!!  

Next to the list of pages is in very light numbers is say 202 of 202 then a down arrow.  Hit the down arrow and put in the page you want.

I preferred when they had the arrows, but this is the new way.

It is like the thank you thread.  Everyone has to post their own thank you and you can not add to the thread.  Both Terri, Brenda, and I have contacted Donna or Amy and posted in the board problems and nothing has been done to fix it.

Oh well, what can you do.

Archived