Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good morning

was up early to make the shopping list and cut coupons,boy, things must be expensive if they are giving you $ 5.00 off two items.

its overcast and so humid you could cut it with a knife.Thanks for the info Mary Jo on a new to me author,my go to author for FBI series is Catherine Coulter.

need to do some laundry,have a good day

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read Catherine Coulter myself.  I do watch which book in her FBI series she puts out.  I do not like the ones with the Brit. I think she has another author work with her on that section.  I do like Dillon and Sherlock though.

My book is out for delivery.  I am getting excited.

Morning to all. Hope you ll enj0yed your fourth. Hot and very muggy here this am supposed to climb to  upper 90s later ugg. Ugg.  

Working on my diet coke so all for  now just wanted to say hi and im so glad you got enough aquares  pin mj. And I cant wait to see it completed. ! Happy shpping linda and good to see you sandra!, ok back to the task at hand her. Talk more soon.    

Linda sorry for your loss.  

Boy Katy seems like a lifetime ago when that song came out.  Made it through another 4th.  We had showers off and on through out the day but it quit by evening.  Even though most of the closest neighbors shot off all their fireworks Sat night there still were a lot last night a little farther away. We didn't do anything special just ran some errands.  

Hot and humid here too.  

Hubby has the day off so I think we are going for a walk later. It's glorious here! 80 degrees, sunny and no humidity. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure it won't be lasting too much longer.

didnt do anything for the 4th. Just played board games with friends.  

hi all quick check in before shutting down the elctronics. they need sleep too,lol  if you have ever seen a monitor with wrinkles from lack of sleep you would know, ,, quiet day, cept for the ditch digger going on in the back, our neighbor is puttin up a kind of a terrace to filter rain water away from his shed and hopefully that willl work nicely  will be better for us too  

guess i cant type tonight, so ill go for now see you all in the am, have  good one  :manyheart

Good Morning.

What a beautiful day here today.  Chance of rain down to 20%, so the humidity has let up some.

I have the Sear guys coming to do the yearly on my washer and dryer.  We are seriously considering a new fridge.  Ours is 26 years old and like us just about making it.  We are still trying to decide if we want to buy a new one or renew the contract on the old one.

Today I put the afghan together, then I will do the edging. 

So I just wanted to drop in and say Hi!

hi all  my opinio for what uts wiorth and if its in the coffers i would shoot for new,

less to worry about  later, you know.. lolbut its upto you two, lol 

cloudy here today and very humid and still..wow germany is  up in  a tizzy y huh.. 

long day so far, cleaned out a couple craft drawers and have some stuff for goowill, or whomever, to go, 

so tht isnice and neat now and the drawers are easier to open being not so heavy, lol  well ill be

bXCK Lter so see ya then  

Mary Jo can't believe you have had your washer and dryer for a year already.  Sounds like its time for a new fridge.  Its a pain when they quit and you have to get one asap.  I know from experience.

The heat and humidity is back.

Afternoon.

Just a quick pass by.

At the Dawson house it's doing. 

Hope everyone here is doing good and my post finds you all well.

I need to pop over and see July Tote bag. I bet it's beautiful.

Cant wait to see the the afghan done and what everyone sent it.

hi i again  wellits that time alread alsmost time to put the electronics to sleep for the night, so thought i would just stop in and sa night ight to all.. Hope  your nightgoes well, an sandra,hope your stress eases soon so you can sleep better.. mary jo, tget that new fridge, we only live once right, lol,,nightto all, see you all in the am, I th inkdndy is taking over some donation stuff for me tomorrow, so that will free up some space too, im getting so clean arond here, maiking up for lost time, lol.ater squares, have a good one... :ghug

Good Morning.

Thought I would drop in before I start the border on the afghan.  I put a picture of the layout on the thread.  I spent all day yesterday sewing it together.

First a trip to the store, then I will sit down and start the border.

I have 2 packages I am waiting for, then I will send it all out.

You will see a picture before It goes out.

oooh cant wait ton see a pic  i bet it will be gorgeous and bring  her much comfort and  love  

well  a late start but HANDY is taking over the doantion stuff for me toda;y  our driveway was blocked for a bit with a dump truck and a load ofrrocks for the retaining wall so we

couldnt reaLLY GET outtill thia afternoon anyway.. but he iw on his way, so that is nice.. nothing much going on here, the people  doing the wall are at lunch  are at  ilunch so its finally quiet here,

sheesh, this morning  you would think this were a construction zone for sure

cant wait io see the lalyout of the ghan mj and you are quick if you are done sewing it already, sheesh, lol  that is the one thing im not fond of too, but the resultls always pllease me

so i do it   lothanks for doing that mary jo and the nice idea... 

well all for now, got things to do yet,and gotta do th em when i feel like doing them, or they dont get done, lol,   see ya a bit later.. 

well gee here it is 2:30 and I missed the morning hi ya,by a few hours

was up early but got things started,getting people ready for appts. takes up alot of time,can't believe its Friday once again,these 4 day work weeks just aren't long enough for me,every time I turn around its a blankey blank 3 day weekend,again,sheez.everyone was calling Bill for his birthday today,he turned the big 70.well enjoy the rest of your day

Hello everyone. I've been at my daughter's house since the 4th helping with the baby but I finally made it home this afternoon for a couple of days and then I'll be off again. I'm feeling a little tired so I plan to sit and crochet in between loads of laundry. I hope everyone is having a great day.

3 hours ago, pineknott said:

well gee here it is 2:30 and I missed the morning hi ya,by a few hours

was up early but got things started,getting people ready for appts. takes up alot of time,can't believe its Friday once again,these 4 day work weeks just aren't long enough for me,every time I turn around its a blankey blank 3 day weekend,again,sheez.everyone was calling Bill for his birthday today,he turned the big 70.well enjoy the rest of your day

I feel your pain on those 3 and 4 day work weeks.  By virtue of his days off dh is supposed to work one 4 day week and then one 5 day week but with days off and holidays the 5 day one never happens and 4 day ones are becoming more rare.  Getting you ready for retirement says he.  

Ha the last year Tampa Guy worked, he only worked on Wed and Thurs.  He took all his vacations and personal holidays off for the rest of the day.  Then that January he got more.  By the time he finished and retired it turned out he only worked about maybe 2 weeks.

They are so funny when it comes to retirement.

Ok, I am now going to post the finished afghan.  I still am waiting for 2 packages, before it can be sent, and they both should be here next week.  I thought you might like to see the finished product. 

Good Morning,

Mary Jo, the afghan is beautiful.

I call summer breaks my practice retirement. I only need 5 more years to have my 30 for retirement from the school system, but I will still need to work since I won't be eligible for full social security for a few years after that, and my pension won't be enough to survive on. So today's practice retirement plans include finishing the laundry, crocheting, maybe a trip to the office supply store for printer ink and maybe a nap :lol

Have a great day everyone!

good morning

hot and humid,chance of storms later

on Jimmy watch,Rene and her dad are dropping something off to Jimmy's cousin in NC

mil has a UTI and is in a very confused time right now,hope it passes quickly

good morning all  

sorry to hear about mom in law linda, and i hope she shakes it quickly too. oh and a happy belated birthday to Bill too  Mary jo that ghan is lovely, i t ink you were right to go with the 12 inch squares AS THEY NOT ONLY take less sewing it seems, but they sure look so nice together you know,, nice job, i know she will get some comfort and feel the love, i know i did in my time of need!!

well no news yet but the day is just starting so ill sip my diet coke, and come back a bit later.. take care all, and hvae a grandios day.. sunshiney here today, but going to be awfully hot and humid later on so take care all. back later..oh and ms. carol,, our Bdy oct girll, what color and sizes are you looking for in october, i like to work ahead, so let us know P lease.. thanks all, have a productive and creative day today..and makde the most of it, make someone smile today ok... tata... 

good morning

after yesterday's rains it a bit cooler,I tried to hold off watering but it was 95 in the shade and the poor plants were lolling to one side,so I had to do emergency watering

didn't rain till after 10 pm

enjoy your Sunday

Good Morning.

Sitting here watching the clouds and storms moving in from the Gulf.  The sun was out, but it is now covered.

I hope everyone is doing well today.

Not much on the agenda today.

Have a great day everyone. 

hi  

hot as a witches caldren today and steamy too  good day to hibernate for me  ill be searching for something tio do soon  i just TE SOME LUNCH SO GONNA DIGEST  kittle bit  

hop rveryones day is going good today  ill be back later on so see ya then  

Archived