Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

:dance I'm happy dancing!!!!!!:dance Winter break has officially begun! Woohoo!

I love my kiddos at school but I am definitely looking forward to spending lots of time with my family over the next 2 weeks.

Carole, your afghan is beautiful.

Brenda, the hot pads and scrunchies look great.

I went to the grocery store on my way home , oh boy, I'm not going near another store until after Christmas. I need to finish the teddy bear outfits, bake cookies and clean the house before Monday, it's going to be a busy weekend. 

I hope you all have a great evening.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good almost evening

Bill is off from school from 18 Dec to 8 Jan.thats a long long time,usually its just a week or 10 days but with budget cuts they extended out further.

Brenda thanks for asking after mil,she had a rough two weeks with a UTI,the aids would come in her room and she scream at them get out of my room B*thches,then later on she was at the front desk saying it was time to leave and go fix dinner for her children,they said something,and she raised her cane at them,medication kicked in and now she is her normal in the moment self.Yesterday we got news from friends that we met in Sicily,then they moved to Va. and now are in Charlotte NC,anyway her hubby called yesterday saying she is undergoing treatment for lung cancer,and goes for a brain scan on the 26 of Dec.Then today we take Jimmy for a stress test,turns out he has a blockage,he goes for a cardiac cath on 28 Dec.

Lovin2crochet,were you the member that has a birthday on Christmas?? if so,Happy Birthday if I  don't get back here till after Christmas

yes we have found some Christmas rocks,mostly snowmen,one grinch,we just about finished setting out our Christmas rocks,only about three more to go,till next year,just like pumpkins to me they have a shelve life,now working on New Years ones,mostly fireworks with 2018 written on them

5 hours ago, pineknott said:

good almost evening

Bill is off from school from 18 Dec to 8 Jan.thats a long long time,usually its just a week or 10 days but with budget cuts they extended out further.

Brenda thanks for asking after mil,she had a rough two weeks with a UTI,the aids would come in her room and she scream at them get out of my room B*thches,then later on she was at the front desk saying it was time to leave and go fix dinner for her children,they said something,and she raised her cane at them,medication kicked in and now she is her normal in the moment self.Yesterday we got news from friends that we met in Sicily,then they moved to Va. and now are in Charlotte NC,anyway her hubby called yesterday saying she is undergoing treatment for lung cancer,and goes for a brain scan on the 26 of Dec.Then today we take Jimmy for a stress test,turns out he has a blockage,he goes for a cardiac cath on 28 Dec.

Lovin2crochet,were you the member that has a birthday on Christmas?? if so,Happy Birthday if I  don't get back here till after Christmas

yes we have found some Christmas rocks,mostly snowmen,one grinch,we just about finished setting out our Christmas rocks,only about three more to go,till next year,just like pumpkins to me they have a shelve life,now working on New Years ones,mostly fireworks with 2018 written on them

Hi! Pineknott ~ yep, I'm the Christmas brat ~ LoL  and thank you for the birthday wishes.

I'm sorry to hear about you mom-n-law.  I'm sure it's trying for you all, but I admire your caring nature and love for her.

It's tough with these cuts on school employees/teachers, that's for sure.  We have a little gal who works at the college near us, and after they usually will allow unemployment to kick in for their employees over the holidays, they are now fighting it and saying they don't owe her anything (they paid her too much??).  Makes you wanna scream . . . really LOUD, I'm sure.

What's the thing with "Christmas rocks"??  Do you find them, and then paint them for the holidays?  Sounds like a novel idea, tho, and fun with the kids.

Carole :crocheting

6 hours ago, cshort said:

:dance I'm happy dancing!!!!!!:dance Winter break has officially begun! Woohoo!

I love my kiddos at school but I am definitely looking forward to spending lots of time with my family over the next 2 weeks.

Carole, your afghan is beautiful.

Brenda, the hot pads and scrunchies look great.

I went to the grocery store on my way home , oh boy, I'm not going near another store until after Christmas. I need to finish the teddy bear outfits, bake cookies and clean the house before Monday, it's going to be a busy weekend. 

I hope you all have a great evening.

Thank you ~ :D  on the afghan.  Now I'm ready to start on another one . . . wanting to make the "Mended Hearts" afghan for our niece and new hubby for their Happily Ever After Party this next February (they just got married a couple of months ago).  Both have had broken hearts from past marriages.

Yep, no more gettin' out in the shopping world now until after Christmas, for sure! LoL  Right now we're getting some sleet and low 30's temps :wbrr  . . . possibly SNOW for the weekend, and maybe Christmas, too! Yay!  And happy dance for me ~ :dance

Brenda ~ I'm sneaking this in here to you!  :waving  I love your hot pads, too!  So pretty and holidayie!

Carole :hook  

Good Morning,

I was up early even though I didn't need to be. I mixed up the 2 cookie doughs that need to be refrigerated. And now I'm finishing the teddy bear outfits, I was too tired to do it last night. Then I'll go bake the cookies, 4 different types and some pumpkin bread. Tomorrow I'll bake a cake and get things set up for brunch on Monday.

Pineknott, I'm so sorry to hear about everything going on with your family and friends, I will keep you and them in my prayers.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning,

Pineknott, you have my prayers and lots of hugs.

Lov2Crochet Happy Birthday and I must apologize for not getting any squares or Birthday Cards out.  Still have not caught up with my week off.

Waiting for the sun to come out and warm us up.  64 when I got up at 4:30 this morning, but we are suppose to get into the low 70's.  Looking at maybe 80 on Christmas Day.  Typical Florida Christmas.

French Toast for breakfast with sausage links and banana's on top.

Off to see what is going on.

Have a fun day. 

Lovin2crochet

here are some that I've done

its part of the kndness rock project,just something for someone to find randomy and perhaps give them a smile for the day,paint rocks,put them out,find others rocks,if you like them you can keep them,or re-hide,I've only kept two finds,my first one I found,was a rose,the other was a three sided Halloween one,it had a really well drawn silver spider.

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

Linda so sorry to hear about your friend having cancer.  Hope Jimmy's procedure goes well and mil stays to the normal side.  Hope all the days off go smoothly. Love your rocks. I dont think sis has found any lately.

I have spent the afternoon prepping veggies for Mon and for sis's soup.  Her hands bother her and well I like to keep my hands busy.  Just cant stand at the sink for long periods anymore so she sets me up at the table with knives and cutting board.  I brought my presents up today so they are finished------no more tweaking.  

Now I plan on working on our Dec birthday squares.  We went so long with none and then with TC getting sick and then losing her I lost track and got behind. My hands and shoulder will appreciate going back to acrylic as the cotton seems harder to work with.

Its cold, gonna stay cold, and snow predicted for tonight.  Sorry Mary Jo but the snow is supposed to be over by kick off tomorrow.  

17 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning,

Pineknott, you have my prayers and lots of hugs.

Lov2Crochet Happy Birthday and I must apologize for not getting any squares or Birthday Cards out.  Still have not caught up with my week off.

Waiting for the sun to come out and warm us up.  64 when I got up at 4:30 this morning, but we are suppose to get into the low 70's.  Looking at maybe 80 on Christmas Day.  Typical Florida Christmas.

French Toast for breakfast with sausage links and banana's on top.

Off to see what is going on.

Have a fun day. 

Oh, that's quite alright, TampaDoll ~ :hook  You can catch me on the next go round, okie-dokie?

I'll probably go ahead and work on those December squares this next week, maybe start tomorrow if time allows.

I "was" going to have French toast for my breakfast this morning, too, but instead ended up eating a piece of gumdrop cake, and then later eating the last two pieces of banana bread near lunch time.  At least that finished off any tempting sweets for awhile ~ LoL

We had sunshine today, too, but temps lingered about 35* ~ brrrr ~ right now, it's about 26* and dropping for the night.  We had a little snow fall last night, just a dusting, but it's pretty well gone now.  It's time for the flannel sheets now, I guess!  Still hoping for more snow on Monday for Christmas ~ :wgrin    I love going thru all 4 seasons here in the mid-west.

Carole :hook

Hi Everyone.  I have been very busy this morning, so that I can relax tomorrow and today.

The veggies are cut, the bread is cut and the cranberry/orange relish is made.

I finally got pictures of the doll I have been working on and I have another that is almost done.  Here she is:  Tampa Guy named her Merry Christmas Mary Jo

She will be going out to AZ later to the Cancer Hospital for Children. 

I may not get on tomorrow, except to do Birthday's so Merry Christmas to everyone.  Have a great and happy day full of Love, laughter and family.

Mary Jo  (2).JPG

We woke up to a world of white this morning.  Mary Jo this photo is for you.20171224_092720.thumb.jpg.273ed4b69933fe1274865158fcbae1a6.jpg

Roads are not bad so we made it to church and back ok.  The wind has picked up so it feels really cold out.  I think dh has decided we can stay home and watch the game and then go out for pizza for supper.

Hello,

Linda, the rocks are great.

Mary Jo, the doll is adorable.

Brenda, that is a pretty picture.

I was up early as usual. Baked pumpkin bread and transformed my sewing room into a dining room for tomorrow's brunch. Then I went to church. I'm as ready for tomorrow as I'm going to be so I think it's time to crochet.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  I saw some kids playing with some snow in the KC stands before the game.  I love your picture though.  That looks so pretty.  I hope we get to see some of the Bears today, as it looks like Buffalo last week.

Off to do some crocheting.  Everything is ready for dinner.

Just popping on to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas. Love you all and wish the best for you in the coming new Year. BGS  Thank you so much for the card and angel. She is beautiful. It is currently snowing out Enough it has covered the ground so far. kids will all be here about noon for dinner tomorrow. 

Here are the lovies i made the grands

25660163_1578349575592592_6164807988937230519_n.jpg

25659664_1578349522259264_7475794968606275477_n.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Happy Birthday Carole!

Kristy, your mouse and bunny are adorable!

I was awake much earlier than I planned to be but it gives me a little time to enjoy my coffee play on the laptop before I start cooking. Everyone should be here by 10 for brunch and fun. Then I will be cleaning up and making spilt pea soup with the ham bone. Tomorrow the 2 oldest grandkids will be back to spend the rest of the week with me. 

Have a great day.

:wreathMerry Christmas.:wreath

Well, by now all the gifts are open and you are sitting back and enjoying the day, or eating breakfast.

It is a beautiful day here and we are waiting to cool off starting tomorrow.

My 2 favorite gifts are an angel holding a bubble light and a gift certificate to a yarn shop.  Way cool.

May you day be filled with Love, Laughter and lots of Family. 

Love the Afghan Kristy and Happy Birthday Carole

:2snowman:wcold:flake:santa:ctree:wreath

merry Christmas everyone !!  was santa good to you and yours??  

i awoke ar 530 turned over and went back to sleep till 8:02 lol  ((digital clock lol) then we had bacon and eggs and i started a load of laundry to get it washed and died before we needed to turn on the oven for the ham    we did the pies yesterday lol i got  a coupon for 10 Dover color books  online and one for Michaels too  we just usually do that kind of thing as we tend to get the other items for ourselves throughout the year but like to still have something to open lol and of course we got maxie a couple new catnip mouses but he still favors the old worn out one lol 

seems strange without the kids here but we will have Christmas 2.0  when they get back lol   again Merry Christmas to all have a wonderful yuletide  we have snow on the ground here too and this is the first time in a long time we actually have a White Christmas!!  

sorry to hear of your troubles pineknott hope all goes well  and love love love all the pics   just the perfect holiday pics for today!! the dolls the rocks the ghans my goodness i am a happy camper lol  and to Ms carole (crochetfan )a very Happy Bday!! You share your  birthday with the best and please Please let 

us know what squares you are collecting!!  have a wonderful yule tide all!! 

On 12/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, bgs said:

Carole what are you wanting as far as squares? I dont know if Katy has had a chance to update you on page one.

Merry Christmas! Brenda ~ :manyheart   and Everyone here, too!  Hope ya'll are having a wonderful holiday with family and friends today.  Ours is quiet, just the two of us as usual.  Hubby gave strict orders I'm not to be doing anything . . . except lay around or crochet, but no working in the kitchen ~ LoL  (that's gonna be hard, especially while fixing dinner today!)  He surprised me with a beautiful card and a Hawaiian candle (I love those scents!).

As for the squares I'd like ~ I'm sticking with Christmas colors on this one . . . reds, greens, whites, maybe some added black or gold yarns.  6" or 12" squares, any pattern.  (I've sent my addy and other updates to KatyAllen, but you can pm me, too.  For those who might still have my old address, everything is still the same except for the change from 401 to 305, since we moved just next door after the remodeling last September ~ :))

Edited:    :)  Just something I was thinking about with the additional black, silver or gold yarn . . . just an optional thingy to throw in the mix.

Today I'm just enjoying my crochet time working on small stuff for now, and hoping to see a little more snow fall ~ :hook:wgrin

Carole :manyheart

On 5/19/2016 at 10:14 PM, owlvamp said:

Here is the update on numbers and yes, I will be so gratefully when this is done with. I definitely wouldn't accomplished it without you all.

44 purple--Amethyst -- need 13

46 pink-- Pretty-in-Pink -- need 15

44 orange-- Pumpkin -- need 25

41 yellow -- Bright yellow -- need 20

44 green-- Paddy green -- need 11

40 blue -- need 40

How are you coming on this project, Owlvamp?  Did you get 'er finished yet, or still need some more squares?

Carole :crocheting

Archived