Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

2 hours ago, bgs said:

I was very worried about you when you went mia and was actually checking obits in your area hoping not to find your name.  Then when you started telling us what happened I knew how close you came to not making it back to us.  I am so thankful that didnt happen.

I'm just so glad that several of you gals, Brenda, were able to keep in some kind of touch with our KatyAllen.  Infections like that are nothing to play around with, that's for sure.  Just glad she was able to get herself to the hospital in due time.  It sure had us all wondering and worrying.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! ya'll ~ we had a terrific storm last night!  Tornado warnings were going off all over in these parts!  Sure got scary with all the high winds, hail and heavy rain, that's for sure ~  :scared   I wasn't quite ready to go to sleep so thought I'd read for a bit?  The book I started just happened to be about a small town being hit by a tornado! LoL  :book   :heehee  It's just been rainy and thundery all day, but at least no warnings! whew!      

Hubby just told me that we're under a tornado warning again for this evening . . . oh well.  Gonna be a bumpy night.

Very happy that Katy made it back also, was worried while she was missing.

I got the Marshmallow Fondant done for Little Tribbles cupcakes before work. That is a PAIN in the rear, let me tell you!! Now tomorrow I will have to bake the cupcakes color the fondant and decorate the cupcakes...

I definitely am too old for 3 hours sleep....

Have a great night all.. I might have to start on the coffee here shortly.

1 hour ago, Tribble79 said:

Very happy that Katy made it back also, was worried while she was missing.

I got the Marshmallow Fondant done for Little Tribbles cupcakes before work. That is a PAIN in the rear, let me tell you!! Now tomorrow I will have to bake the cupcakes color the fondant and decorate the cupcakes...

I definitely am too old for 3 hours sleep....

Have a great night all.. I might have to start on the coffee here shortly.

Sounds like you're gonna be having some fun with the cupcake decorating, heh?  I know how much I enjoyed making my two kids' birthday cakes, too, when they were younger . . . so much fun.  And to see the surprised looks on their faces, too.  It's been awhile since I've done any cake decorating, but would love to try again some day.  Not sure these ol' crippled up hands could handle it, tho ~ LoL

Coffee sounds like a good thing, too, now that you mentioned it!  It's gotten kinda cool this evening with the storms rollin' in.

I'm sure Lil' Tribble will love the cupcakes!  Don't forget to show pics, okay?

I'm so happy to be able to get back on here. Guess the website was down or something. At work on break at the moment so I'll have to read posts later. Just wanted to say hi and let you all know that I'm still here and we're all doing good. Katiebug has also been having. Issues gettting on but I already let her know that I was able to sign on :) 

9 hours ago, Lovin2Crochet said:

I'm lovin' this new format, for sure!  :c9  :yay

Here' a picture, finally, of my granny squares that KatyAllen sent to me (sorry I'm so late posting).  Thank you, again, so much!  :hug

GrannySquares from KatieAllen8090 - May207.JPG

you are most welcome and  yesi i  give handy and my daughter all the credit  and thanks every day as if it werent for them i would not be here they were my support team nurse maid cooks and therapists. provider of all needs.  they never let me give up.  

.  :daythank  you.  

Good Morning everyone.

Another beautiful day here, we have the sun out, the heat is up and we are waiting for rain.  We got a thunderstorm last night with lots of rain.  They were about the lightning, as we are still quite dry here, but nothing happened last night.

It is good to see everyone drifting back.  I know quite a few of us kept in touch while it was down.

I am looking forward to the post on here that can make me laugh.

Have a great day and hugs all around.:ghug:hug

good morning

It rained last evening,sun is shining,very muggy.

the thing I miss is the signature,that I  kept track of my books and my stashbusting

this is just my opinion but do we really need a notification when someone likes our post,I disabiled it on the previous version

well look its back like magic,lol

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

good morning

It rained last evening,sun is shining,very muggy.

the thing I miss is the signature,that I  kept track of my books and my stashbusting

this is just my opinion but do we really need a notification when someone likes our post,I disabiled it on the previous version

well look its back like magic,lol

You can still select "no notifications" if you want, Linda.  (it's at the bottom of your post ~ "notify me of replies")  As far as I can see, we still have our signature at the bottom??  You might have to go in and do any changes you want, tho . . . colors, font, etc.

Hope this helps with navigation ~ ;)

Go to your Account Settings in your profile and you can see all the stuff you can change on it (scroll all the way down to see everything).  There's a whole list! :D   I just checked it out myself and did some changes on my account, too, Linda.  I'm sure liking this change in CrochetVille! :jumpyay

:ccompute  Well, another cloudy day, but it's suppose to start clearing off later this afternoon ~ yay!  I'm done with the storms showing their face!  The rain has been good for the garden, tho, so can't complain too much.  We'll be wishing for rainy and cooler weather soon enough when Summer gets a hold, right?  :sweat

I'll be working on some more crochet today :hook, getting a few things made for a dear aunt we'll be visiting next weekend, and some items for the auction at the reunion, too.  Hope ya'll have a great weekend, staying cool :sun, or out of the weather if it's wet and rainy :rain.

Happy crocheting!  :crocheting

since we now hwve our colors back i suggest we save thr red for special announcements gang like when and whom squares go out or advance warning of a weeks absence or things like that. what do uou all think.  i also think the size setting in 20 works well for those sorts of posts and you can bold it up too This would make it easier to find important osts faster too   just look for thr red lol  

i found the bday squares for our  birthday gals so mini ni owl and pineknot heads up for next week.   

i also have anew to me charity and the more the merrier i will include a link. i have read about it before but ladies this is a very good cause and i hope to hear that you will at least consider joining me . its simply making squares knit or crchet 6 0r  12 inches any color any yarn any pattern. more info and link to follow  and hope to see you on the boards at ravelry,,,

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Good Morning everyone.

Another beautiful day here, we have the sun out, the heat is up and we are waiting for rain.  We got a thunderstorm last night with lots of rain.  They were about the lightning, as we are still quite dry here, but nothing happened last night.

It is good to see everyone drifting back.  I know quite a few of us kept in touch while it was down.

I am looking forward to the post on here that can make me laugh.

Have a great day and hugs all around.:ghug:hug

:hi  :waving  :cheer  :heehee  :loco  :ducky  :rofl  :haha  :nahnah  :elle  :dance  :hook  :flower

Did I make ya laugh today?  :jumpyay

18 minutes ago, katyallen8090 said:

since we now hwve our colors back i suggest we save thr red for special announcements gang like when and whom squares go out or advance warning of a weeks absence or things like that. what do uou all think.  i also think the size setting in 20 works well for those sorts of posts and you can bold it up too This would make it easier to find important osts faster too   just look for thr red lol  

i found the bday squares for our  birthday gals so mini i owl and pineknot heads up for next week.   

i also have anew to me charity and the more the merrier i will include a link. i have read about it before but ladies this is a very good cause and i hope to hear that you will at least consider joining me . its simply making squares knit or crchet 6 02 12 inches any color any yarn any pattern. more info and link to follow  and hope to see you on the boards at ravelry,,,

I have a suggestion, too, KatyAllen friend ~ :jumpyay  How about proofing our posts before sending (or slow down typing ~ LoL)??  I flunked "hieroglyphics" in school ~ :heehee  

Note:  On your last sentence for the squares to be made?  What sizes are those suppose to be ~ 6-inch,  ??? ,  12-inch . . . just wondering.  Thanks ~ :manyheart

vits 6 or 12 preferred but the takes any size even if she has ro add a row or somrhin    the link is a lot of i info  and she also has a question page with lots of info too.  take a peek and believe it or not i thought i did proof that post lol.  

that link is http://www.ravelry.com/groups/afghan-squares-for-pine-ridge-reservation 

and there are several branches for instance one specializes in baby things one hats snd scarves and warm winter wear  . i am doing the squares for   now and  will graduate to the other branches when i can.  

Katie the options you have are dependent on what device you use to get on here.  Anymore I always use my phone so I still dont have the option to use different fonts or change the color and size.  With this new software I can now bold, italicize, or underline and also have the emoticons none of which were available to me on the old software.  It is much easier to read posts and upload photos with my phone using the new software.

ok then my important announcements will be in  red then lol and i know you are right i guess it does depend on that.  ok no problem. i hardly use my desk top anymore. but the options on that were different too like the emoticons and suh . hope you all are enjoying your weekends!!

Good late evening everyone!

I just got time now to break away from everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well. Here I'm plugging along. 

I went and did some service work for a dear elderly lady , and found out just today a dear friend passed away and NOBODY let me know. It doesn't make me happy but, such is life. I will send a card to the family.  I couldn't make it the funeral today cause I was actually out walking with family and there was no way for me to get back home in time and dress to go. :(

Hope everyone is doing what they want and what makes them happy. 

I'll check in probably Monday. Tomorrow is another very busy day.

Good Morning everyone.

Summer has arrived here in Central Florida.  High 90's with about 95% humidity.  Yep you read that right.  The pool is up to 84 degrees, so maybe time to go in.

Ad you can see Amy fixed my signature.  The video was always there, you just had to click on it.  Glad it helped some of you.  I love this song by Alabama.

Finished a flower I was making and it will not stand up, so it is in Ami Ville.  I will have to think of something else.

I am finding things little by little here.  It will take a while to get use to some things, but you gain some and lose some.

Well, off to the corner to do some crocheting.  Today is Sunday and I plan to do nothing but relax.:devil  Like that is different than any other day.:rofl

Have fun today

good morning

got alot of yard work done yesterday,today I can hardly move

wonder if the names of whose on ,will show at the bottom,also who celebrates a birthday

this new format is a struggle for me,well I'll make it work when I figure how to do things,getting the signature and then changing it was a hoot,anyone else would have it figured out in seconds,me took an hour and a half

I hope everyone has a great day

hi all. typical ,sunday  but sfter days of rain at least the sun is  out today. so that's. a+.  - plus. 

just piddling today i guess  nothing much else to do that i can think of anyway lol least not right  now  anywy  

so hope everyone is doing well sandra sorry a bout your friend  tampa glad to see your shiney faxe and pinknott  too everyone seems so busy lol  i will find somthing too after while i guess as i should move about more lol  till later then  take care enjoy your day  ❌⭕️❌⭕️

If you go to the calendar, you will see a number of how many are celebrating their birthdays on any give day.  You have to go thru all the Birthday's to see who is celebrating that are active members.

No listing at the bottom.  It is like anything else, you have to give something to get something.:thair:sigh

I am going to try, I have to go in every morning to see who is celebrating.  I have not gotten that far yet.

Good Morning everyone.  The sun is out we got rain about 4 this morning, so it is time to steam the people.  It is Hot and Humid.

Just wanted to pop in before I go make breakfast.

Have a fun day today.

Archived