Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

KatieBug, nothing like a good morning nap!! Use to be the best..... now I just sleep later LOL

MJ, the older we get, the more time we have to do those doctor things... sheesh... at least its TG that gets poke and prodded today, you are just the wing man!

Hoping to finish my aunts scarf today.....

Its raining, so sweeping the leaves off the deck will have to wait.... more crochet time LOL

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for rain here.  We might get some today, we might get some tonight, but by tomorrow it will all be gone.  Hey I could do that weather report.  Alls I know, is that it is hot and humid.

morning all. good luck to tampa at the docs. i think drs have the quintessensial racket going to be honest.We k ow our bodies we know whats wrong they juat have thr tools and machinery to prove we were right. and the power of the mmeds to fix it. and all this for an exuberant ammount of money what a deal huh. ah well so it is.

. didnt sleep much either and i too will think about a nap later on too. too lol. stoma he a touch un-settled today didnt evenn eat a whole piece of toast yet. mayb e. later.

always something huh. i feel beat up today like i might have gone a few rounds with whom ever is the king of boxers these days and did not fare well! Do they still box and have tournaments??i dunno lol.

the ! sun is out though no more snow on the ground so it should warm up nicely today. i. am so glad that box of baby ghans for badrhinogillette went out yesterday. i have had it boxed up for weeeks but just havent felt very well and yesterday i sent them out with handy and kathryn said they are in time cause her delivery date is the fourteenth so glad they will make it and be counted.

all i will have left. to. clear out are the bday girls a d my donation box and i will have my craft room all back to norm lol till the next project that is.

but all that will wait as my energy level is on a scale from 1 -10 i would say around a -6 today!!

oh i ordered some elastic bandages online the other day you k now like ace type for my bad ankle now and then and they came yeterday. Handy got the mail and came in so dumbfounded and askd me what the hec did ii get from a place called tattoo supplies??

took me a minute as i didnt pay much attention to where they were coming from but then it dawned on me oh yeah my ankle wraps and i did nt tell him that right away instead i said ohhh im gonna ink up get a tramp stamp you know!!!! then i said. GOTCHA!,, lol

they were just a great price and free shipiing lol. i never gave any attention to their origin lol.

well dont feel like reading or anything else today really so just taking a day off i guess. you all have a good one though.

KatieBug congrats on the bag. Sun I got the feeling it was you and I had to chuckle at your posts.

Lea sorry about your flareup. I get the feeling you love your sweet tea as much as I love diet coke so I really feel bad for you. I dont really know much about NC bbq. I have only barely been in NC twice and only for an hour or so as we were driving in the Smoky Mountains. I can tell you bbq is big here too. Seems like there are just as many bbq joints as there are other restaurants and so many choices for sauce on the shelf at the grocery store. My dad used to tell me I have been eating Rosedales bbq since I was 2 years old. No wonder its my favorite. Its got the kind of hot that sneaks up on you but doesnt really burn. It just gets your attention. People come in from accross the country to compete in the American Royal bbq contest.

Katie right now we are on cst central standard time the way it always used to be before we ever started changing to daylight savings time. I hate changing back and forth. I noticed Snowbear posted a thank you in the wish list thank you so maybe she wasnt affected by the fire. I admit I have hoarding tendencies. I come by it naturally from my dad and his sister. To their defense they grew up during the depression and didnt have much so it was hard for them to throw anything away that could possibly used later on.

Mary Jo our temperatures are dropping. The next few days we are not looking forward to those single digit temps and possibly snow. Its going to be a cold Thurs night in KC for the football game.

hi brenda! yes so ok straight on the time thing now. i can never remember from one year to th next though. I knowArizona is the only state that doesnt do it it at all. thanks for the info.

yes i wonder why snowbear hasn't cheked in here with us. one would think she would have but just so shes ok is what i was worried about so i guess she must be.

oh handy came i. with not one but two lovly cantelopes!! now i love cantelope and he doesnt eat it so i guess they are all for me lol. I had some and made it my lunch so im good to go!! Bean soup tonight i guess as it was so good too. i might eat a little bowl for supper and my cantelope chunks too lol

i seem to feel better with cery small portions of food i. my tummy and will continue to do that i think. suits my crazy stomache better.

ok well still have t accomplished much so ill sign off and get some little things done see ya later.

NC BBQ, we are a state divided.... the western half is the saucy kind, the sort where you need to take a bath after you eat it cause of the mess... and the Eastern BBQ  is vinegar based, served with slaw.... I live smack dab in the middle of the state so I can go either way LOL..... I guess I do prefer vinegar based  with slaw..on a bun.... with a side of fries and a large sweet tea....

With this rain my mojo is gone.... and dh is puttering around so its hard to get much done he and the dog missed their morning walk so they are both antsy..

Finished my aunts cowl, will post a pic after bit.....

All I need to do are the appliques for one more of the construction baskets and I am DONE with Christmas gifts.....still need to finish up a few ornaments though...

I ordered the yarn for the Attic 24 crochet along.... it starts the 6th of Jan and I hope my yarn arrives from across the pond...

Does  anyone remember a book ( old) called a year of TP covers?  Been thinking about them lately....random... I know...

NC BBQ, we are a state divided.... the western half is the saucy kind, the sort where you need to take a bath after you eat it cause of the mess... and the Eastern BBQ  is vinegar based, served with slaw.... I live smack dab in the middle of the state so I can go either way LOL..... I guess I do prefer vinegar based  with slaw..on a bun.... with a side of fries and a large sweet tea....

With this rain my mojo is gone.... and dh is puttering around so its hard to get much done he and the dog missed their morning walk so they are both antsy..

Finished my aunts cowl, will post a pic after bit.....

All I need to do are the appliques for one more of the construction baskets and I am DONE with Christmas gifts.....still need to finish up a few ornaments though...

I ordered the yarn for the Attic 24 crochet along.... it starts the 6th of Jan and I hope my yarn arrives from across the pond...

Does  anyone remember a book ( old) called a year of TP covers?  Been thinking about them lately....random... I know...

I may have that book.  Would you like me to look?

Wow Brenda, you may not be happy, but I may get to seem more snow Thurs? :clap  :clap  :clap   Tampa Guy and I were yelling our heads off Sunday during the KC game.

Hot and Humid.  We had some rain and we may get more later.  It will be all gone tomorrow.

I got my order from Factory Direct, so tomorrow I should be finished with  my tree.

Off to watch a Christmas baking show.

Nah Mary Jo I dont think you will get to see it snow during the Thurs game. Last check the chances are high that it will snow Wed but chances were on the low side that it would amount to much but it wont take much to make it bad on the roads depending on when it hits. We generally dont get a lot of snow when the temp drops as low as they are predicting. But they may have changed the forecast by now. dh hangs on every word they say and checks it out on multiple stations. I let it go in one ear and out the other and much prefer the weather rock method as its more accurate (if thr rocks wet its raining, if its white its snowing, if its gone tornado) I had to leave and only got to see the first part of the game on Sun but saw the highlight show they show here on Sun night. I have decided that watching those guys is exhausting.

Lea you are making me hungry for bbq. I look forward to my Fri after Thanksgiving bbq much more than the turkey and dressing. About two years ago I had my first bbq sandwich with the slaw on it and loved it. My bil will be grilling bbq for us for Christmas and its always good too.

Yum... now I AM hungry for BBQ and slaw... :D

MJ, if you could give a look see ... That is also something mom can have at memory care and she might remember from the past....

Don't stress I can try and find it if I need to!

1 1/2 more angel bodies to work on.... I am on a crochet roll while watching a Sherlock Holmes marathon 

dh and I just finished off a pan of hashbrown casserole from yesterday's meal for supper....

busy day tomorrow...glad I have :hook  today to get a bit of hooking done

Ok, BBQ is really starting to sound good...I wonder what I have stuffed in the freezer that I can make oven BBQ with?! I will have to look for dinner Thursday. Tomorrow we're taking the kids to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa and play in the Wonderland thing. Hhmmmm...mane the slow cooker? Nah, nope. :lol But yeah, no, nap didn't really work out this morning. Little Woman decided to kick the back of my chair, yell, and in general have a hussy fit at her daddy every 30 seconds after she woke up. I got maybe 30 minutes of napping done over 3 hours. Oh well...definitely going to bed here soon! I feel like I took Nyquil and haven't actually had any :lol

But, off I go...hopefully get some good sound sleep and wake up at least somewhat refreshed! Night all! :hug s

morning all. I dont usually eat much of anything bbq cept maybe a mcrib when in season but recently had some ribs that came all ready to pop i. the oven and they were very good. so i would get those again. its just the whole mess thing lol. i would never order them out so ewhere because of the mess ratio haha.

kids are coming on Christmas eve this year and will go to in laws on Christmas so that works

out great for us. Not sure about the food yet but will be checking around the recipie sites for ideas lol. more like finger foods and stuff as we are not having a sit down meal so. that will be maybe less work.

Remember leo the dog i wanted!!! daughter said he is a handful full of energy and they have quite a time with him. now that littlr guy did not look naughty to me LOL. but he is in a good home and course they wont give him hi. to me lol

Morning!

It rained here most of the day yesterday and I stayed in bed a lot. I totally didn't have any energy or get up at all. I felt blah all day I got up and took care of the fur babies and then laid down again. Not sure what today will bring cause honestly still don't feel up to anything. I will need to push myself it looks like.

Hey all and good afternoon! Hope everyone is having a good day. Here shortly, I'm going to get DS from school early and get him ready to go do the Santa thing. Jazz is dressed and ready to go already. She's too cute in her little dress. After I get Bobby ready I'll get pictures of them and post for you all :)

Anywho, I need to get ready as well. So I shall see you all later! Have a great day all! :hug s

Well Mary Jo it started snowing about 11:30am. They are the really small flakes. The car is now coated in white and the field across the road is starting to turn white.

Katy when I cook bbq at home I like to cook a pork tenderloin roast either in my cast iron pot in the oven or in the crockpot and cook it until it pulls apart with a fork and add the sauce of you choice. Its not greasy and not terribly messy.

I hope you don't need to go anywhere, Bgs. We have some rain here but no snow thankfully. I love my crockpot, too. It saves on cleanup and we have good food to eat and none of that fast food "junk".

Katie- since the end of the year is almost upon us, please note that my addy is still good for 2017, but that I don't need any squares. I think next year, I will concentrate on my 'Tree of Life' afghan that has been sitting for a year. I teach myself something new every year and next year I will concentrate on Digital art and have even gotten myself a workbook for special software. I will be perfecting my knitting skills, as well.

#1 I made a quick run to the po and store and made it back home just as it started. The ground is still warm so its not sticking to the roads and MoDot was already out treating the roads. We will be cheering you on with your afghan and will look forward to hearing about or seeing things from your digital art studies. I love hearing about everyones hobbies.

Busy day here, drove to Wake Forest and picked up the last of my Christmas presents.  Stopped by Dollar Tree and the grocery on the way home.

Dinner is done and I have the whole evening to work on wings for my angels.....

Sandra, hope you felt better today... yesterday was a great day to be in bed...

Quick check in all. I hope everyone that was feeling badly is better now! We've been so busy here the last couple of days getting all the Christmas things out and put up. And trying to keep up with the pesky elves on the shelf (we have 2 as grandma bought Little Tribble an authentic elf. We use one we bought for 1$ at a local store, the difference between these two elves is about 29$ and they look a little different). Anyway they have so far decorated the tree with toilet paper, ridden one of our reindeer, and gotten stuck in the printer. I wonder what they will get into tonight? LOL

Still trying to get gifts finished up. What in the world was I thinking trying to do all this and not even half of what  I wanted to do!!! BAH HUMBUG - lol.

Have a good night all!

Hey all and good evening! We had a nice evening out at Bass Pro Shop  with the kidlings. All in all it was a good night. We got home a while ago, and I finally had Hubby help me pull the tree out and set it up. Now I'm letting the boughs settle into place and then I'll pull out the decorations tomorrow and hopefully get it all decorated. Hopefully  :lol 

Other than that, I'm not going to do too much tonight or tomorrow, I have a bday party for my extra kid Sunday (the little guy I baby sit here and there, and hopefully full time soon) He turns the big 1 year old tomorrow!  :birthday

Oh sorry, I forgot about dishes and taking out the trash :rofl I know me, after I'm done with that, I'll say I'm going to bed, and then I'll sit down with my yarn and stay up until midnight or 1 am...maybe 2  :D 

Anyway, I'm off for the night! I hope you all are well and having a great night!  :hug s for each and every one of you! And I hope you all have a great day tomorrow as well, in case I can't get on...I  :cry at the thought of being too busy to say hi! Well, night all!  :ghug 

post-41261-0-30211500-1481166052_thumb.jpeg
post-41261-0-61971900-1481166078_thumb.jpeg
post-41261-0-40810500-1481166112_thumb.jpeg
post-41261-0-17676400-1481166129_thumb.jpeg

good morning

thanks for sharing those nice santa pictures,Katiebug

yesterday was an exhausting day,the ramp worked well,but trying to get him into the vehichle took some doing,guess they will have to start using my wagon for appts.it sits lower than the durango,of course that was x's 2,by the time we got back to the house we were both finished.

We did swing by the post office,a little after 4,no lines,the other two days they were long,so finally can get my cards out

Archived