Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another sunny morning but fair chance of showers later in day.

This is my dads birthday. He would have been 83. Meeting at least one sister and niece today to leave peonies from his yard at the cemetary and then we are going to one of his favorite special occasion reastaurants for lunch. It should be a therapeutic day.

Owlvamp I love how each owl has its own personality.

Mary Jo baby blue sounds like an excellent color choice but I am biased as blue is my favoite color. On owlvamps project those are the specific colors on the red heart super saver labels. She is doing a version of the midnight brights afghan. She completed one and its goegeous. Then she wanted to do two more----giving them to people that could really use a hug. So in order to have consistent sized squares she is asking for 3 rounds in the colored yarn of a traditional granny square to equal 4 inches and then add another round in black. I have to use a J hook to get that size. I have been doing chain 2 for the corners. Owlvamp did I leave anything out?

Hi all. Well the sun is out so it looks like its going to be a good day today! MAry Jo how much cotton does it take to make a tote altogether?? And how long does it usually take then to make it? I Mean in the smaller peaches and cream for Instance? I bet the graphing takes the longest time i know it would for me IF i could do it at all. ITs something i have never tried!You always match the colors of the tote perfectlywith the month and season or holiday you have a good sense of color interpretation, did you ever study art?

Ok interviiew over. Just wondering is all. Lol

YOu know most of thoe house sellin or buying shows are out of Canada Maybe they have more money there ha ha ha! I used to like the property Brothers but they act so silly sometimes like they are teenagers. I liked them better when they didnt act so i dunno silly! But i watch them if they are on i guess for lack of something

better. I watch a lot of nova and history channel too. So I'm off for a bit see you all soon! You all have a perfectly perfect day!!

My tummy is growling. got to get something to eat see you all a bit later!

Let's see the main part of the bag takes 4- 2.5 ounce skeins.  The handles take 2 - 2.5 skeins and the sides and outline take about maybe a little more 1 - 2.5 ounce skein.  If I am using variegated yarn, I prefer to use a cone or large skein.  It flows better and less waste.  The tote itself takes about 2 days the pocket take about that time also, but you have to remember, I can practically do them in my sleep. 

I try and match the colors, but sometimes I have to go with what I have.  I have gotten yarn from others, especially when they clean out their stash.  I am always open to cotton yarn.

I don't watch that much on the house hunters, but once in a while I can't help.  I just wonder where the heck these people get their money.  Hey on couple had 5 kids with one on the way and he was a preacher.  4 girls and 1 boy with another girl on the way. Do not want to be in that house when all those girls become teenagers.

I like ID channel and right now it is Hockey at night.  After that I am finished with sports till Football comes back.

Oh in case anyone is interested I found a great place to get shoes, socks and other things for dolls at reasonable price and the shipping is not out of hand.  Dora's Doll Boutique.

Checkin in. Anyone need anything??

I dont watch much tv any anymore its just that there is nothing on that reallyi interests me and sports are never on here

. WE eiither of us are sports people. Maybe a couple things like the skiing or the snow sports when the olmpics are going or gymnastics or ice skating but usually not a whole lot of that either for either one of us. Howver the last hocky game i watched was when the us and Russia played amd we won and that was in 1980. Maybe!!hahah. Daughter like s hockey son i.

In Law basket ball and of course foot ball

Thats how come when they are here for some amount of time we watch movies. Lol

Well ran to the store in the rain even lol get some items that will go off sale on wednesday. Do all stores change on Wednesdays where you are too is that for all of is. Wednesdays are ad days!!

Ok got a turkey sandwich at the deli so gonna eat half now. See ya all later. Gona go. Cruise ebay after that!

Oh one more random thought. Didnt we used to be able to change color and font on this reply box?? Cause. I do not ha e that anymore? ?? Just me??lemme know ok.

I don't usually change font but gave color a try,the only time I use color is on the birthday thread

Katy you may not have all the options because you are on your tablet. I noticed there are more options when using the computer that arent available when using my phone even when using full version over mobile version. The sale ads for the stores here start on Wed too.

Owlvamp I wish Walmart carried more colors of cotton in cones too. I had been picking up cones of red at Jo Anns using a coupon but last Dec they no longer had cones with red. I went to Walmart's website and they offer a bigger selection of colors in the cones than at the stores. At the time if you spent a certain amount you could get free shipping. The other option was to have it sent to a store and you pick it up and then you didnt pay for shipping.

We made it to the cemetery before it poured down rain. It was a nice lunch. It had been 18 years since I have been to that restaurant as its rather pricey but lunch prices on Mon are not bad at all. According to the sign in the lobby it is one of the top 10 steakhouses in the world.

They called and said my lawn tractor is fixed and first day they can bring it back is Wed. I told them I will be here waiting for it. Yipeee!

Hello everyone!

I spent most of yesterday with my daughter, son-in-law and grandbaby and by the time I got home I was too tired to do anything but sleep. You all have been very chatty and I saw some very pretty projects here.

Owlvamp and pineknott, I'm glad the squares made it safely to their new homes.

Today was a typical Monday, work and a couple of errands and now for some stitiching time. I hope eveyone has a great evening.

Well ok then thank you both for confirming that. I had an idea it was i pad related!!

Anyone jeard from Snowbird lately. She used to Email me now and then. I will pm and check it shortly. OH and Iwonder how Ms Viking is doing. Been awhile wonder if. We lost her you know. Well we will be if and when ville willing!

Well ok then thank you both for confirming that. I had an idea it was i pad related!!

Anyone jeard from Snowbird lately. She used to Email me now and then. I will pm and check it shortly. OH and Iwonder how Ms Viking is doing. Been awhile wonder if. We lost her you know. Well we will be if and when ville willing!

Do you mean SnowBear in Tn.? she welcomed you back on the old thread just before Amy closed that thread on the 19th.

Good Morning

the sun is shining,if it stays like that,we may dry out a bit

a library run at 10,to pick up two books,a stop at the store

have a great one,everybody

Sun bright, sky blue and NO HUMIDITY.  It is a beautiful day.

Just waiting for our water delivery and then the day is mine.

That is why we have our kids when we are young CShort.  I remember when we had our first grandson.  TampaGuy and I watched him for the weekend and by the time he left (he was 2 months old) we had birds tweeting over our heads and we needed to go back to work to get a rest. :rofl 

Well pineknott I woke up to thunder and rain this morning. Looks like its going to move on out as there is a patch of blue sky off in the west. Its going to be humid today.

cshort is school about out? Most of them here are out or just have a day or two left.

Well time to chase the cat. She sits and fusses at me if she thinks I have not chased her long enough.

Do you mean SnowBear in Tn.? she welcomed you back on the old thread just before Amy closed that thread on the 19th.

Haa had to laugh at chasing the cat. With our maxie. It is fetch haha

Yes snow bear nope must have missed that post. Good i. Gad she is ok.

Yeah funny thing about humidty. We get that to much too and we are lanlocked!!

COurse we are sitting right on top of a huge aquifer so that is the reason fo.r that.

You should to see Yellow birds tweeting about your head to be truly out mary jo haha no other color truly will work!! Were they yellow!!!

That remnds me of the little birds in Roger Rabbits Tune town flying about Eddie's head when he crahed in Tune Town. Now i know most of you might say "WHAT". But surely some will remember!! One of my favorites of all tim.es. I is Roger Rabbit!! Hi eddy, Hi Eddy!!!

LOL. ANd Jessica. She wasnt really bad she was just. Drawn that way!!

That movie broke ground introducing annimation into movies!!

Well rained all night no watering the garden today!!

Sun is trying to peek out now just a smidge! There is hope for a sunny day yet.so time to get my day on!! See you all later!

Good Morning.

I know why people wear gloves to dye yarn. My fingers are a turquoise color. LOL

I am trying my hand at dye yarn. It's something I have always wanted to do and my first time was not as successful as I would have hoped . I used kool aid and today I am using the dye we use for t-shirts. Just using what I have on hand. So I will let you know how it goes. I have it sitting in the window seal right now soaking. Won't touch it till tomorrow sometime. I'll try not to be so excited and get pictures.

katy snowbear was concerned when you couldnt get on and wanted someone to pm her to explain what was going on so I did. It was a couple of days before you got back on. We get a lot of humidity here too. I have been told that its worse here than it is in FL. Remember how they sneaked in some animation in Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Petes Dragon?

Owlvamp what kind of yarn are you dying. I am really interested on how it turns out and your thoughts on it

At least your fingers are a pretty color almost Smurfy.

ImmaFreek Baby Jade is so cute. I can see how she has grown. Thank you for the picture.

Well the sun never came out. Its very humid and looks like it will storm more anytime

Archived