Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning to you all.  Well, most of the kids around have started school.  I don't think ours here in Pinellas County have yet.  I have not seen any busses go by for the middle school.

Another hot and humid day with a chance of showers.

I got my yarn yesterday, so I plan on working on my Princess afghan.  Not sure if it will have any villains in it or not.

Well off to get my day started.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I started a new Thank you post for anything received from a FGM.  For some reason myself and a couple of others could not post to the old one.  Have not heard from Donna or Amy, so I decided to start a new one till Terri comes back.  So feel free to post there.

Morning everyone!

Yes, Katy i am making the squares too. I have 10 so far and need 30. I am hoping to go to Walmart in the next couple days for more Browns and hopefully they will have grey for I need both for the borders.

Been extremely busy and very exhausted. Fighting off leg cramps and migraines. It seems I'm at battle everyday. I just keep plugging forward one day at a time.

31 wow thats a lot and hey 0di0d the last rainbow one   get done??  Ii lost track of that too hope its all done   hat was a huge under tak0ing r tto make one let alone three it was three wasnt  it  

ok thanks for the heads up tampa and for making a new thread that works lol  

well my back is dealing me fits today dont know why but maybe slept wrong or something  

got the cats fronl-lined i am figuring she was outside she ha fleas no doubt and if she brught them in maxie will or does have them so front- lined them both   so there take that you little creatures that bite my kitties   i have always used front- line im sure there are similar products but front line is my preferred brand  always works you know  

since niether one of them ever will go ouyside hoping the one treatment will do them  

here is my tower of birdie nests for va beach aspca  they range from about 3 qnd a half inches across the bottom to i think 5 and a half good assortment and will put in some paper towels if it firs  least of all if not the roll thw=en at lrast some sheets to use   i think i have an even dozen asst   i think im done  they are fun but the double strand ones made my thumbs and wrists hurt some     

hope all is well and  hope sandra gets her 12 inchers lol  see you all a bit later  

000_0279.JPG

Katy loved those fun furred stockings and those santas.  Would that be Minnie we are seeing now as your avatar?  We also use Frontline on TC even though she is for the most part in the house.  Sometimes we take her out on leash and she explores around a bit but she often hears something that frightens her and she is ready to go back inside.  We have had a couple of instances where she was highly distressed.  She was very agitated chewing at places on herself and yowling pitifully.  I think we must have carried a flea in to her as she hadn't been outside recently.  I was sure thankful we had been treating her with Frontline.  I tend to get lax about it in the winter if it gets pretty cold and also stretch it to the 6 week limit.  I hate putting it on her but would really hate having a flea infestation in the house.  I also make sure we are using it regular on her before her annual trip to the vet for her shots.  Nice squares and nests.  Using 2 strands is hard and I find working with 3 pretty much impossible that's why I gave up on them.  Linda must be really strong to make those things.  

Thanks Mary Jo for opening the new thread.  I had posted about it in  board help quit some time ago and no one else posted that they were having problems and Amy and Donna never posted.  Sometimes they don't post and just fix the problem behind the scenes but evidently not in this case.  Also thank you for posting Terri's response.  I was glad to hear that she seems to be doing as ok as one can in her situation.  I hope that someday she feels like coming back here.  

Haven't been on much this week as signal on my phone is sketchier than usual and the computer is moving along very slowly.  Monday we finally got dh's old car back in service. It needed a new alternator.  Tues I packaged 50 six inchers to mail off to the lady that puts together afghans for PRR and 4 lapghans to go to W4W so they are ready next time I can get by the PO.  My ability to do that has been impacted a bit with dh's car out of service. I still have one lapghan that needs those pesky ends worked in.  It was my favorite one of the bunch and I have liked looking at it but it needs to move on. Wed sis #1 picked me up and we went to a funeral for sis # 3's mother in law.  It was almost a 3  hour drive for us to get there (and just as long coming back).  Brother in law was so grateful that we came and thanked us at least a hundred times.  Not doing a whole lot today as I am still tired. 

lol Brenda,and do you know its my not dominant hand,the wrist I broke on that hand too,the ortho doc said that was good therapy

I can only crochet right handed,and I'm naturally left handed,I don't know,it just works well for me

Up late this morning.  Slept right thru my alarm.  That is ok, I only had to make one trip out this morning.  I was able to get the trash cans and the paper in one trip.

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi.

Oh yeah.  Lea (minwife4boys) say Hi and when she can, she will check in.

Linda those are nice squares.  I remembered you made the nests to rehab your broken wrist which just amazes me all the more.   

Mary Jo thanks for the update on Lea.  Hope she finds time to check in.  

wow linda those are nice squares to be sure  brings sandra a little closer to her goal   nice job and good on you  

yep i have always used frontt line they dont like it but they know it will be over soon lol  yesda brenda  found a way around the double stranding which i abhore lol  wht i did with the sc single strand four or five i had already made was this   i made two' close to the same exact size either the same yarn or one contrasting nested one inside the other and sc them together around the top edge  i didnt want to stop making them you know and    yes more work twice  the work actually but they come out well and they are better than even tri stranded as they are equivalent to four strands  nice and sturdy  i got the last one doubled today this am so will be sending them out soon  

i mailed those two boxes of solid GRANNYS ON JULY 17 TO PINE RIDGE TO PAM  i included all the info witha self add. envelope and a stamp and i  have heard nothing since about whether they were received or not so i am a bit hesitant to send more till i hear  from her  i check that thread almost every day as i have deen hrer posts acknowlwdging others bu not mine so  I  hope she is just busy or swamped or somrthing and she received them   little bit worried  so  ill keep checking the mail for my envelope and wont mail the pile i have ready yet till i know they got the others  i guess  

not to be mean or anything just wanting to know they arrived lol  

other than that just the same *^$%^ different  day i guess lol    

glad lea is ok just busy maybe  we hope to hear from her soon   

ms carol are you still not collecting squares or are you  now?   update needed soon thanks  

all in all another day huh hot here but no rain expected i dont think  so hot and sunny then  i think our kids here go back to school next week  no buses seen here either lol  

hate to see winter comin this year  just hate it  

ha someone on the news prounced plattsmouth   a town around here Platts mouth  it is Platts  muth th or mith  the  way we all prounce it  she  must not be from round here  lol

all for now folks talk to you soon  :ghug

Tampa Doll is having issues of getting on the site. Not sure if she has Been on today. So if you don't see her posting that is why. 

pineknott thank you for the squares . I love each one you have done and thank you so much for the help. I have been fighting a migraine the last few days so haven't been on the computer much.

I hope everyone is doing well. Good night

Knock on wood. Katy you can give your kitties extra virgin unrefined coconut oil. It keeps the fleas away too. I have not bought flea medicine in over a year and we are flea free. Knock on wood while typing this to you. It's works for a lot of things and Hercules love it.

1 hour ago, owlvamp said:

Tampa Doll is having issues of getting on the site. Not sure if she has Been on today. So if you don't see her posting that is why. 

pineknott thank you for the squares . I love each one you have done and thank you so much for the help. I have been fighting a migraine the last few days so haven't been on the computer much.

I hope everyone is doing well. Good night

glad you got them and liked them

Katy I too was disappointed to not hear from Pam that she got my squares mailed in June.  I enclosed my email address thinking that would be fast and free.  This next batch I am just letting her know my Rav name because it looks like lately  she has been letting the moderator on the Rav group know when she receives squares and then the moderator was posting it for Pam.  I do know she got mine because #1 my po tracking number said they were delivered and #2  I recognized my squares in the next afghan she completed.   I was bummed out until I saw my squares.   I had a couple of packages sent to W4W not acknowledged (80 stockings). They usually email me.  My po tracking number says they made it but I would have liked an email.  Glad you figured a way around the double stranding for the nests.  Hey Linda do you use three strands and what size hook do you use?   

Good Morning.  I seem to be able to get on in the morning for a while, then I have trouble as the day goes on.  Don't know what is happening.

We just took a power hit and I just got my cable back, so I am trying to get everything done before we either lose power or cable.  We have storms coming in and out all day. 

Must get my Godzilla movie out, great movie for a rainy day.

Have fun today.

we're having heavy downpours here,both Rene' and I got soaked clear through coming out of the mall,this walking is getting easier,mid week it was hard to keep going after the half mile point,today it was not a struggle.

i hear ya linda  we used to walk the doggie every evening and came to miss that when i lost her and then got so sick so  good on you keep it up  three strands are simply not do-able for me though trouble enough with two strands but i boxed up what i had so probably go out monday im thinking  here again i put an invoice and a self add  stamped envelope in to mail back on receipt of the box   i specified that    i did here from a moderator of the pine ridge thread and they got my boxes but 0diidnt realize i guess to mail me back upon arrival  i was not looking for thanks lol just wanted to know they were there you know     oh well now i know at least    Those squares to me represent a lot of time and work so good to know they found their forever purpose for which they were made lol  

its heart warming to know that my work will be united with others to combine into a warm beatiful blanket that warms not only the body but the soul

i really do like the touch screen on the lap top  i find myself trying to touch the desk top too !! however it never works lol   however i like the desk top for a lot of other reasons too  so it all evens out  i havent used the tablet for a while i guess ill use that at some point today so it doesnt feel neglected     lol

anothe hot one  today jandy got one coat on the deck but taking its time drying  

Mini and maxie were behaving badly this am  it did not come to blows and no fur flew but they both ere a bit groely this am  they have settled down now though the realization that they are both here to stay sinking in  i guess lol  got a small load of towels in the dryer and probably ready to buzz so i will go for now and see  you all later  enjoy your movie tampa lol  lynda is smart there are no hills in the mall lol   all hills around here and they say Nebraska is flat   uhhh nope not here lol  the town i grew up in here was full of hills and this is too  the closest we come to mountains though are the bluffs down near the Missouri and the  sand dunes in western  ne   where the cranes gather   oh well huh  sight to see though   

been to the mountains walked in the clouds so that was too cool  the mountain streams were ice cold and crystal clear  too

ok im out dryer buzzed lol  im physic i guess   lol     

Well Linda I think I was trying it with a g hook and it was a big no go.  One problem I was having was being able to hook and pull all three strands and the farther along I got the worse it was.  The stitches were tight and I was losing at least one strand when pulling through.  I kept thinking I needed to use a bigger hook.  

Mary Jo we hope your internet and cable are running ok.  We bought the piece we think we need for our antenna but haven't had a chance to put it on yet.  I lose signal when its raining and of course that's the best time to be watching tv.  A couple of our stations have been running all the old Godzilla movies and dh loves them.  

Katy have you looked at latest afghans Pam has put together.  She used my burgundy 6 inch squares and added gold to bring them up to 12 inches.  I was wondering if you could recognize any of your squares in the one after that as she used a real mix on that one.  The other two are made from scrappy c2c squares.  I do like that we dont have to work in the ends on the squares we send her.

Today we knocked a couple of other things off of sister's/niece to do list.  We took the old satellite dish down from the back of the house as my niece hits her head on it when she goes by it on the sidewalk.  Then dh sawed up the post the basketball goal was on.  It had rotted and broken off but was too big to move in one piece.  After that we moved it and some railroad ties for my sister.

Thankfully we have had a couple of dry days but rain is in the forecast.  

Archived