Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning everyone.  It is a bright and beautiful day here.  We started out with some clouds and it looks like it rained last night or early this morning.

We are going to cool off this morning, only going up to 90.  Yesterday we were 93.

Off to Michael's this morning to get some Purple yarn.  Yep I said purple.  Not a scrap of purple in the house, unless it is cotton.

So far I am being promised 22 squares.  That leaves 8 I need and I am hoping some have some just show up.

Well, off to get dress to hit the road.

Have a fun day, talk later.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning

woke up with a crick in my neck,thats got to go,cause I need full range of motion when I change lanes on the road.

this is day 3 of the hot muggy weather,then a cool front,heat index today will be 97,ugh

Katy,you have no idea how hard it is for me to keep plants alive,especially any that need lots of attention

enjoy the day

Oh I know iinda I am sure it does and I commend you for your takent and  dedication to them. They sure do well under yor care!, good luck with the neck thing too. 

Nother er sunny and fairly mild day today. At some point today we have e to nake a cake as the kids are coming tomorrow for  a  belated farhers day and we ill  get chicken en but need a desert. Their fav is the strawberry hole cake so.     Either that  or a cho. Silk pie from village inn he likes them and they do but I cant eat t it but that ok his day whatever he wants. Im sure too he would be happy with about half a  d ozen crispy cream donuts too lol.

But ill save that surprise for another day I will use it for a bribe to deliver my project linus baby ghans next week. Ill just casually remind him that you know project   linus drop locale is right across the street from y ou you k now what crispy  cream and I am .  buying!, lol that  will do it!,  I wont eat t them but he sure will!,,

All for now more later   its hec being diabetic   when handy has such  a  sweet tooth lol.  Take care.  

The kids  They are hunting me down n h p laptop  my only specs are 11 inch or up  screen windws 10 tuch screen ok and I dunno if they come with a camera but yes if the do lol.  I have some jar r money saved u at this month and a part of it t for a bed at the end of the month if do_able. We will see.

I will post a ic of the ghans before he runs them over  for me its still on my camera sno ill do that from the desk top.   Later. Handy is out recoating a deck then s going a couple pkaces to gather bed prices ces. so . We  hve nebasks furntue mart here ad sverall wl other strictly bed stores so he will be back this aft enoon or soonrr r wi7th some ideas. 

well,the chance of rain evaporated as the day went on,carried the umbrella for nuttin

we gave the garage another hour's worth of de-cluttering,the thrift pick up Tuesday will have 4 bags of donate,I'm catching Rene' at a good time when she is in a throwing away mood,she suffers from I can't throw things away syndrome,lol

Hello everyone.

Sounds like you are all staying busy.

Mary Jo, I have 2 squares ready for you but I probably won't get to the post office until Thursday or Friday.

I made my stop at Joann's yesterday for one skein of purple yarn and walked out with 2 skeins of yarn, 2 pieces of fabric, a package of sewing machine needles, a t-shirt and a puppy (toy puppy) for my granddaughter. I spent today getting us packed to take my granddaughter home tomorrow, time to trade places with her brother. I also had to pack all the food in my house because the house will be tented on Tuesday for termites. Then we went to Tijuana Flats for dinner, now its time to relax, watch a little tv and crochet.

I guess that's about it for me. Have a great evening.

Oh geez,I remember tenting for termites in Hawaii,alot of time,it was too far gone and would be condemned

after we left Ford Island,I think they went with stucco homes instead of wood,it was an experience though

Hi all :hug

Katy,i am not in health care (although I do clean up a significant amount of other peoples bodily fluids). Custodial arts hahahahaha. Clean showers and toilets and locker rooms, vacuum, mop, all that good stuff. But since we are down to 3 people, I am working 6 days on , 1 day off(until further notice). All I gotta say is that my boss owes me big time, lol. 

2 hours ago, ImmaFreek said:

Hi all :hug

Katy,i am not in health care (although I do clean up a significant amount of other peoples bodily fluids). Custodial arts hahahahaha. Clean showers and toilets and locker rooms, vacuum, mop, all that good stuff. But since we are down to 3 people, I am working 6 days on , 1 day off(until further notice). All I gotta say is that my boss owes me big time, lol. 

Ha ok laceg but in my mind c Cl lea is healthncare.  Lol I like things jst so no clutter no mess. Handy on yh he e other hand ha no sence of tidiness lol. His mm was a neat person so I guess it skipped his generatio. My kom wasnt neat I men there were Cy usually dishes ith sink and the house was big so yhere were aways rooms to vac. I remember going over r and   leclean7ng ing even  after I was married. She still wrked the and I would spic and span the house and put something in the crock she.could warm  up ld have for supper. She would a alway be so thrilled  at a clean house and suppper to boot. Lol. Im glad I could do Mt that for her now and the when I wasnt wo4kinhg. 

Its been a busy bonsai weekend. We had a bonsai master from Puerto Rico doing demos, lectures and workshop Sat and Sun with dinner Sat night.  The trees the club buys for the master to work with are raffled off to members and for 10 years its never been us.  Lookie at what dh won yesterday!

20170624_155730.thumb.jpg.8440b2ac3baaf787a5a443995103e02b.jpg

Its a water jasmine.  I had told.dh that I had wanted some cuttings to see if they would root and  if I could keep them alive in the winter.  Its not related to jasmine but the blooms smell like jasmine

Tonight we will stop at Red Robin to use the last of my birthday freebies.  

Ok back I have tw stylus!s now  so hopefully the mis strikes cos o of f my fat fingers will be fewer and farther between.   Lol wel its good to have a dream right!,,cute little tree bgs!, love it!, 

Hi all. Coming to you from the tablet courtesy of daughter getting me a cp0ouple of stylus!

Pens lol hopefully now the mis strikes will be fewr and farther beteeen now!, well its good to have a dream right lol,,

Had a good kfc finger licking meal and a good nano cream pie too so was nice    I had a tiny slice lol

Yhey are hunting dl low w. Mt the best d3al out th he 4e for a lap top for mr so wont be long MN now. Yay!,

Till the. I will togle between the d3sk top and the TinyScreen lol

Y used 6up a couplr scraps of some lavendar  a d purple I had squeezed two more 12  inch squares out so if you want znt them for the ghan ill be gla d t o send them next week probably.  O ok k

All for. Ow im sofull lol gotta just lean back and do nothing for a b it. Lol. Take care all enjoy your evening!,  

ok here are my project linuus donations, i guess there are four of them, you all have probably seen them one at a time in the past, as i couldnt get them donated cause of that pesky hospital stay, lol.. so off thy go this week, with handy, only gonna cost me four crispy cream donuts too, lol.. enjoy.. the top one is a round ripple, so that is why it is forlded wiefd,/ ;lol  

000_0230.JPG

000_0231.JPG

Good morning everyone.

Brenda, congratulations on your win.

Katy, the afghans look great.

I'm at my daughter's house and we don't have any plans for today so I'll just be hanging out with the grandkids. My grandson is the only other person awake right now and he has already started pestering me for scrambled eggs, he wants red eggs this time so I need to find the food coloring. Guess thats about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning

its a cool morning,only 78,wow it hasn't been that cool in weeks

tried to finish my book last night,but kept reading the same line over and over,so just set it down and next thing I knew it was morning

nice blankets,Katy,long time for that win to come,but it is a really sweet looking Bonsai,good luck with it ,bgs

Very pretty blankets.  I am sure they are going to love them.

Very hot and oppressive (weather person's words) here.  Like walking in Jello.  To hot to even go in the pool. It is in the 80's right now.

Hope to work on some 5" dolls that are going to be dress for the 4th. 

My yarn did not come yesterday, so hope it makes it today.

Well, off to make breakfast and then to my corner.

Stay cool.

good morning

one of three appts. is today,her shoulder is so bad,her dad has to drive her across town,so I will have " Jimmy Duty"

the temps are cooler this week,first thing this morning is to get the donate bags to the curb by 8

enjoy your day

Good Morning.  I have been meaning to let you know how owlvamp is doing.

She is suffering with her migraines and it looks like one of the fur babies may no longer be with us. I am waiting to hear now about the fur baby.  She is still going to make a couple of squares for Terri.  So lets hope her migraines get better and her fur baby is ok.  Oh yeah, they also found a lump on the other fur baby.  Seems like it is either on thing or another.

Here is what she wrote to me:

Still fighting a migraine and not feeling the best right now. My chest has been feeling like there is a weight on it. I am going to go lay down for a bit for I haven't been keeping well.

All is well here.  Waiting to see what the mailman brings me today.   I love getting packages.:D

I just heard from Sandra.  She lost her fur baby on Sunday.  The other one is on antibiotics and the lump is shrinking.  The vet thinks it is just an infection.

Her migraine is letting up some, so she is feeling much better.

Just packed up the tote and it will go out tomorrow.

Oh im sorry to hear that. Poor sandra I feel for her loss. I will be sending a small box her way next week. Its just sme yarn scraps of cotton for her. Ill email her my condolenses too right  now  thanks for the update. 

THe kids seem to have found me a great laptop d eal and I bel,eive they are ordering it today just hope its in stock. We missed one deal already cos it was out of stock so hope this one wors ok take care all till later then.    Xoxo. 

Nice ghans Katy.  I know it felt good to get them moved on.  

Mary Jo its been nice here the past few days but heat and humidity are going to return.   Thank you for letting us know about Sandra.  I mailed 4 squares this morning.  ETA is Fri.

hi al.. 

i dropped sandra an email, and sent her all our condolences on her loss.. that's alwys so sad for anyone...

we;;. tje lods ca,e tjrpigj. ;a[ tp[ os cp,omg om a few days, sto that is done, now to the bed, lol.. one thing is right bgs, it never slows down much does it..

jope all went well with renes shoulder linda, that can be miserable....wnyon4 eifk wnr o5 hu56iny, b4sr wishes for speedy recoveries... nothing much else new here, daughter said that the lap tiop they ordered was a very good laptop, so since i dont know much about it, lol ill trust their experitise, lol

getting windy out, sure hope if it does rain, and they say it might, that it doesn't get wild.. lol..you know, i hate that... stll working on pine ridge, will ship closer to november me things, so I am guilding on it.. lol.. have a couple things to postout, maybe tomorrow, if I can get handry to do that for me, in the am, lol   maryjo, two more squares coming your way, sandrras little box, and some chemo caps for my sis.. said her head gets cold,   that is it for me today, pooped out, did some sorting and stuff in the craft room, and will hve more cotteon scraps for sandra as i found a small bin with more cotton in it, lol didn't even remember i had that, oh well, wont go to waste in her capable hands.. 

\\bout all i got tday, i will talk to you all tomorrow, if not later tonight,want to get a few things more done before i call it a day, lol   night to all, enjoy your evenings.. :ghug:manyheart

Archived