Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

morning all. bright sunshiney day today maybe rain later not sure. im back to wearing my winter weight nighties to bed as i get chilly. who'd a thought here in Ne that late may you number 1 would get chilly and number 2 not have the ac koi kicking  on lol crazy weather. 

im going to try to get those puffies ready so maybe handy can post them off tomorrow. oh wait is it a holiday is it mrmorial day today?  to orrow then   

i have quite a few squares done for my afor mentioned charity aPine Ridge Res  the grand thing about it is you dont  tuck in the ends she likes to  do that  herself so you are to leave a 4 inch tail. you can still knot but do not clip them short. i have always 

knotted when i tie in a new color as that is how my grandma taught me i guess. also any pattern but this month they are going with a flower theme. but you dont have to do that as any pattern is still welcome.  so much good can be done here if we can help. a little i'm i. happy!!. towards winter i will look through my hats and scarves bin to see what i can do in that way also but not a prioeity for me right now lol the bin is on the bottom of the stack anyways hard to manuever that for now. 

My sister is going in today to have a port put in she is scheduled for chemo and perhaps rad too as her lung tumor is inoperable. it  is too far down  on the lynph nodes at the end of the bronxhial tubes and they are looking for  a complete  recovery/cure if she follows through with her planned tretment. keep her in your prayers wont you. her name is Vicki. thanks  

i wonder how ms snowbird is doing?? anyone heard from her recently?? i will drop her a mail this am see how she is doing and tell her we all miss her  that  i know first hand how it feels to be missed and hearing it said!!  

I never meant to worry you or anyone brenda but there is no wayi could let anyone know  i was too out of it too sick and wasnt even thinking about anything but the day i would feel better once and for all i apologize for that deeply  even if i hadi had my ipad i i wasnt too coherent enough to go on it for the time i was so sick  sorry to worry you though  

handy has the morning at least off from his ktchen job as some of the wood. needed  replacing and such and they did that but the wood filler over the screw insets is still wet so they cant lay the new flooring  yet till it is  dry and . sanded so a day off so he went to  look at shower wands a nd faucets for us this am.

well everyone have a great and glorious  especially scrumptious  day and ill see you all later!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies.

Didnt feel like getting out of bed. But Bruster insisted on me doing so. He needed to potty and so he paces back and forth from one to the other and each time puts his paws on my chest. He will not stop till I get up . If I ignore him for to long he gets up on my chest and looks at me like are you up yet. Yep he's about 75 lbs. He still think he's my lap dog. But I love him so and up we go. Then he's all happy and goes back to sleep and I'm up for the day.

Need to do the dishes and fold laundry. Plus trying to rid the house out and have a huge yard sale. That's my goal anyways.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Katy there is nothing for you to be sorry about.  We just care about you so much and knew it was very serious when we did not hear anything.  We knew things were such that you just were not able to contact us so all we could do was hope and pray for the best and try not to think about the worst.  I am a worrier as was my mom.  The other day my sis said I was worse than my mom.  I had asked her if my niece wasnt a little worried about something and she told me my niece didnt have to worry because she had an aunt that worried more than enough.  Hope all goes well for your sister. I have seen the Pine Ridge Ravelry group. Seems like a long time ago there was someone here collecting for them and I might have sent things then----cant remember.

We had a busy bonsai weekend. Our guest artist is an azalea expert.  Learned a lot but got very tired.

It was a cool weekend here as it dropped into the 40's at night and and barely got in the 60's.  I loved it bit dh had to dig his light winter jacket back out.  We are hoping to mow today and that the slight chance of rain doesnt materialize much like the 100% chance one didnt a couple of weeks ago.  

good morning

busy day,Jimmy has an MRI this afternoon.need to make a library run,my two day grace ends today,so need to get them back

enjoy the day

I don't why it won't let me make a new post,I've tried three times and it dumps me back to my morning post...anyway

Bust # 1 went to the library,they had no power and would open again at 3 pm,doesn't help me at 11 am

2 not a bust but scary as all get out,torrential downpours on our way to get Jimmy's MRI,if people were ticked that I was doing 20 mph,too bad,I could hardly see to drive,if it wasn't for a time limit,I would have pulled into a parking lot and waited it out,but like I  said didn't have that option,we are back now safe and sound

but still have to get to the library,so I'm not charged for 3 books

thanks bgs. i am a worrier too same as My mom as well so are my rwo sisters. one is really overboard with it and sometimes makes herself  physically ill anf the other she justfrets till it passes. sometimes id you quit thinking about stuff your mind clears a bit and suddenly a solution comes to you!! Sometimes i dream a solution!! lol. 

Sandra those fur babies sure keep you busy! How did you come about having several doggies anyway. i had my hands full with my one and the cat(s)  plural then singular now lol 

even though  i really want another dog i feel i just cant go though  the future of losing one again gingers passing was a devastating thing for both of us and daughter as well cant do that again.  

Guess what every one . you can no longer write or should i say carve or chisel your name into the living room surfaces lol i fianlly got it dusted. and pledged and some thing windexed lol.and i seemed to have  stopped sneezing out there so much so may be that is what was causing it. much better too to open the window out there and without that flowering tree we lost  there we do get the sneezing down a bit too   so thats good. 

glad  you had a great weekend brenda now the next few days is recooperating time huh lol.  i hear that  i will rest more tomorrow but feel i got a few  things done today that were bugging me out lol  

handy found what he was looking for at Menards and then after his search he cut up an old box for me that max liked to play in but itwas too big  and made it too hard  to manuever for me around the living room so that can go out with rhe trash tomorrow too  and  the wheel chair that i only used twice is folded and bagged or tarped and out of the living room and into the shed so  good for that as well handy did those two chores for me  lol  tomorrow is trash day and i usually clean out the fridge day before lol but it can wait i used up all my spare energy on the living room chores today lol

well i thought i like making squares and pinr idge needs some so perfect marriage huh  i think she would take some stash i have too even though they are finished off and all tails woven in but u will ask her before sending them to her  its hard to not weave in the ends for me as grandma always taught me its not finished till the back looks as neat as the front  and like i have said before i find it sort of zen like to weavethe ends in a few here a few there gives me somthing to do wwhen i just dont want to start something else right away haha i never have mindd them  im sure she just wants to make sure they are secure so she does it hherself  

is any one collecting or wanting a couple 12 Inchers i found that are looking for a new home they are woveen in as well lol  lmme know if you can use them one is ppurple and bluish i think the other oh i forgot alread ill try to take a pic but they are back i. the vottom box again now lol 

Neighbor just called we have a flat on my car  he and handy will take care of it i im sure  that same neighbor mowed for us today and the yard looks so nice  daughter had gotton mr some daiseys in pots to put inthe flower bed  by the wood burner and gingers grave and theyare just-gorgeous and they survived the hail we had too a couple days ago  i hope they spread does  anyone know if they do so??  they are the brightest yellow little faces with dark centers  Daiseys are my fav,, Ginger never bothered my flower bed or dug holes or chewed up lawn furniture lol oops dont laugh cos our black lab  did all those things and so much more

,, Labs seem to stay in the puppy stage much longer than a lot of the other breeds!! honest  was so in Oreos case anyway  lol

she was mostly a good girl too though once past that stage  she loved the lake and the hose and all water in general!,  lol  she was alwayas the first one to dive off the dock daughter not far behind and the two of them would swim together across the lake and back with daughter hangin onto Oreos harness  they had so much fun  We had a little mini schnauzer at the same time and he hated water lol  But he could and did fully walk at full stand under oreos tummy !! they were best friends  Or looked out for little Moses aka Bubba) lol he was a small mini but a fierce protector lol. as long as oreo was there thst is.  tee hee  

well its raining now and handy is going to put the donut on the car tomorrow and take it up to Firestonre in the am  sigh and let them either fix it or put on a new tire. seems   she picked up a and  i quote Big A$& nail somewhere  lol

oh my im gtting hungry dspite the fact that i has a slice of 

left over pizza wt around 2 lol so i  gonna go and grab a chobani yogurt  dauhter found the greek yogurts have way less sugar content so i dont have to give up my yogurt at  all!!!!  am

d Oiko  and chobani brands are less sugar. .   my yoplait has like 30 grams of sugar and these two  have only 5 and 7 grams   wow big diff huh

this one is raspberry chocochip flip. very good and on ly 7 of my daily allotwed 26 lol and since i eat no other sugar thats really good.  well all thanks for listening im gonna go for a bit will talk to you soon.  !! Take care. ❌⭕️❌⭕️ 

such is life as granny would say!,  

Hi everyone.

Katy, I'm praying that all goes well with your sister's treatment.

Sandra, I had a cat, he lives at my daughter's house now, that if I didn't get up early enough and give him treats he would nibble on my fingers or nose. It didn't really hurt but was annoying enough to get me out of bed.

Linda, I hope you made it back to the library.

It was a typical Monday here, work (only 12 more school days) and a  couple of errands. I came home and vacuumed since the baby will be here tomorrow and she always finds the most minute piece of nothing to pick up from the floor and put in her mouth. And started a load of laundry and fixed some dinner. I need to balance the checkbook and take care of some bills and then hopefully do some sewing. Have a great evening.

Katy we spent today mowing so no time to recuperate.  It was even sort of hard climbing up on the mower today.   I hope my eyes are not swollen shut tomorrow.  I have never had allergies affect them  as bad as they have the past two weeks.  I am going to have to go buy more eye drops where before I threw away partially used bottles that expired.  My Foxy was part lab part chow.  When she first showed up she would play in the pond but as she got older we noticed she didnt seem to like to get her feet wet and would go around puddles of water.  In the beginning she chewed on everything bushes in the yard to the gutters.   We miss her and the others so much.  We have a cat alarm now.  It goes off when she is ready for breakfast.

Linda hate being on the road in those torrential rainfalls too.  Hope you got those books dropped off.

Carol I was thinking you didnt have many days to go.  Bet that grandbaby is growing like a weed and you will be busy sewing new outfits.

quick check in. I will have to try and upload some pictures when I have a few minutes more time...

Have a great night, all

Hey all! Finally able to check in and say hi! 

Hope all are well and I'll try to get back on after while when the kids are asleep and do come catch up reading! :ghug

well welcme back lacey and kariebug. seems like a lomg time no see huh. glad you both made it back to the ville and this thread especially!!. 

just stopped in to say night all im going offline for the night so everyone have a super night.    ❌⭕️❌⭕️

good morning

another rainy day,still have to make another library run,one book was left on the shelf,I picked up one from another library,sigh

my body is so kinked up from yesterday's stressful driving,and my one eye is all gunked up,but I journey on.

have a wonderful day

Good morning everyone! I am finishing up my coffee and then it's off to another day.:). Sure could use another cup to get me going but no such luck.

We have rain here.  Not enough yardwork is getting done here.  I painted the bathroom when it was raining the other day so I have some ambition at least.  I just am not home long enough to make meaningful progress.

Hope everyone has a nice day.:)

fdhi ya all. well mygoodness i. think painting the bathroom is quitea good accomplishment. lol. it was sunny here today and pretty niceoutsid.

so  max enjoyed his sunnywindow quite a bit today  had a good day ept with that tirethingwhich is taken czre if noe litte car car has all her shoes back on she didnt like the dont  lol

the with all that in the am handy forgot to doa po ru with my puffies.    well tomorrow is another day huh ha  

ok all for now take care all.

Finally got some rain yesterday. 

I lost the whole day, so not sure even what day it is.

Had the sinuses headache show up yesterday, due to the thunderstorms and humidity.  Took a couple of pills and that was all she wrote.  I slept most of the afternoon and then all night.  Feel human today.

Good Morning everyone.  I has taken me a while to catch up, but I think I am.

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi.

hi all. glad youare better mj and you must have needed that sleep huh. 

i dont seem to sleep that wellat first cos it takes me a long time to fall asleep it seems but once i do get to sleep,i  dreaam and sleep pretty well and   and that means rem sleep if you are dreaming the best kind so that is good. 

oh and the puffys i had went out this am  so linda, lea and sandra heads up  i ran out of leas dolors and no more of sandras colors at all but every little bit helps i guess i wish  though that i could have sent more lol  

i dont like working with the paddy green so wont buy anymore of that it seems like three times as thick as the reg colors of RHSS and i always have to mess with coming up to size with it you know  i dont need that headache  lol  

lea i uses rhss in the bugandy and ILTY as they had a pretty cream   called " cream" lol  i hope they reach you safely and soon   !,,

well more to do today so i will sign  off for now  love ya all take care!!

❌⭕️❌⭕️

After a couple of cool rainy days the sun was out today.  Still tired from all the busy weekends, mowing, allergies, and the allergy medicine.  Mary Jo an afternoon and full night of sleep sounds heavenly.  

Katy I havent noticed that about the paddy green.  I have been buying a fair amount of it for the mini stockings.  In the past I have noticed the turquoise and amethyst being thicker but lately they seem ok.  Have you checked the Ravelry sister site out for the afghan for Pine Ridge?  Its the one for children but they are collecting hotpads, dish clothes, coasters and kitchen things.  

Good Morning everyone.  Just stopping in.

I swear I am a glutton for punishment.  After getting a full nights sleep the other night, last night I was up till midnight.  Watching a hockey game.  Of course the team I wanted to win lost.  No more staying up late.

Here is Groot I finished him and he is 5-6 inches tall.  You can find the free pattern on Ravelry.  Just type in Groot and Wa La.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Off to check the calendar for Birthdays,  Have a great day.

Archived