Help With Basket Wove Diamonds Throw and Pillow

brendaKbrown

Question

I have the pattern for the basket wove diamonds but I don't understand how to do the woven stitch. It says to yarn over, insert hook and pull up a loop (3 loops on hook). then it says to yarn over and go through 1 loop and now there are two loops on the hook. It doesn't makes sense to me. Can anyone help? I am blind so maybe I am not "seeing" this right!

3 answers to this question

I found the pattern.  It's redheart's Basketweave Diamond Throw and Pillow.  It is a confusing stitch.  You added an extra yarn over in your explanation.  The instructions say "and" pull through a loop after the (3 loops on hook.)  When you insert your hook and draw up a loop, it's called the golden loop.  Most stitches have you yarn over after you draw up the golden loop.  This stitch skips that yarn over and has you pulling the golden loop through what's on your hook, like what you do for a slip stitch.   Sometimes it helps me to see the instructions in steps ...

1. Yarn over
  2. Insert hook and draw up a loop (3 loops on hook)
  3. Pull through 1 loop (like a slip stitch - 2 loops on hook)
  4. Yarn over and pull through 2 loops (1 loop on hook)
  5. Yarn over
  6. Insert hook in same stitch/space and draw up a loop (3 loops on hook)
  7. Pull through 2 loops (1 loop on hook - stitch finished)

Ah ha! I finally understand what you are saying. Sorry that I forgot to post where the pattern was from. When I converted the pattern from PDF, it had that extra yarn over in it. The print gets a bit scrambled like that on some patterns. Thank you so much  for your help!

Archived