Reverse SC

ElizaDaisy

Question

5 answers to this question

After you do your first sc, instead of moving to the next space to do another, move to the one before the sc you just did. Continue across for a really nice edge.

:hook This is also called Crab Stitch and is worked backwards along the row. Makes a lovely edge on Afghans or anywhere you want to look a little different.

:hook I find that it is usually looser than your nrmal SC so I usually miss every 3rd or 4th stitch.

:hook To work backwards, just hold your work and yarn as normal but twist your hook towards you, then behind the stitch on the hook and into the work. Complete as a normal SC. Gives a twisted edge which I thinks looks great.

:hook Just keep doing and un-doing until you get the hang of it.

:hook I have noticed the instructions in a lot of Knitting and Crochet Magazines. It is always good to have an illustration.

Have fun.

Colleen.

Colleen you're a lifesaver! I went to stitchguide but couldn't get the video to work and didn't understand the illustrations. Your detailed explanation has solved the mystery for me! Thank you!

And thanks everyone for helping me out with links and instructions, I sure appreciate it!

Archived