New from Indiana

AmarElle70

HI everyone! I'm Elle, I'm new to the group and fairly new to crochet, I learned about 3 years ago. I'm a lefty and had a hard time trying to learn from my Mom as a kid (mostly lack of dedication) and then as an adult I learned to knit with the help of online videos. After knitting for a couple of years I tried my hand at crochet again and it was much easier to learn.

I'm a 4rth generation Hoosier, happily married to my BFF and a mom of 4 (half of whom are grown). I have plenty of time to crochet, but I've developed some degenerative arthritis in my neck and so sitting for too long is painful. If anyone else deals with this and has any pain relief tips (other than Ibuprofen and exercise which are my go-to's) I'd love to hear them!

Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Hello Elle and :welcome to Crochetville.  You will :manyheart it here.  I do although I have been away for awhile for health reasons.  I am originally from Louisville, KY.  I have cousins (Dad's side of the family) all over Indiana.  My Dad and his brothers and sisters were all born in Kentucky but two of Dad's brothers moved to Indiana.  Just last year I discovered my Great Grandfather from my Mom's side of the family was born in Indiana.  I don't know where in Indiana he was from though.  His wife my Great Grandmother was from Louisville, KY and that is were they made their home.  I would love to know where in Indiana you live.  Here's to many days of happy :yay :crocheting

Hi, Elle!  Welcome to the 'Ville!

I live in Vincennes, IN, down on the Wabash River, in southwest Indiana!  What city do you hail from?  My ancestors, on my mother's side, were here in Vincennes before Vincennes itself was here--sometime around 1700 or so!  Vincennes was founded in 1732, and is the oldest city in Indiana!  My ancestors are buried in an old French-Indian cemetery here.  My hubby and I have lived here all our lives, and hope to end up here! 

Glad you have joined Crochetville--you'll enjoy it and gain a lot of wisdom from it!

Archived