Warm up American / Warm up Canada

owlvamp

Well I've got my 15th square almost done and I think that's all I'll be getting finished. I didn't have nearly as much time to work on things as I wanted while we've been on vacation. Isn't that always the way? Oh well, I'll take 3 free bags of tshirt yarn over no free bags!

People are all over the Facebook event page this evening complaining. It makes me mad because this isn't something the company has to do for us, they're offering HUGE discounts, these people made the decision to come on day 1, and the company had no way of knowing more people would show up on day 1 than the whole week last year. I wish people would be a little more appreciative. This is why I'm going Wednesday!

I went to the tent sale Tuesday morning, just to see if it was as crazy as it was on Monday.  They had more people on the opening day than they did the entire week last year! And the credit card machines died on Monday, so every credit card purchase has to be called in for approval!  I got there with 2 of my daughters (the 11 yr old & the 2 yr old) right as the gates were opened and it only took minutes to get into the tent.  While waiting our turn, I had a great chat with a couple ladies about the extra yarn give away that had happened on Monday and isn't it great they're collecting squares for charity....Mikey was at the door, handing out huge bags to collect yarn in and I asked if he was collecting the squares also.  He said yes and asked how many I had (15)....then told me to grab my 7 bags of free tshirt yarn before I left!  When I asked 7? Not 3? he said everyone was getting 4 free bags that day too!  Everything in the tent is buy 3 get 1 free....and I grabbed 4 bags of Caron Simply Soft.  SO.....my haul (which took all of 20 minutes, including checkout time) was 7 bags (21 skeins) of tshirt yarn and 4 bags (12 skeins) of SS...over $250 regular retail cost.  I paid $16.01!  I've been making more squares and I'm meeting a friend there tomorrow morning so we'll see if this extra 4 bags giveaway is going to keep going throughout the week!  I'll also keep making squares after I get home tomorrow and bringing the whole family with me on Saturday morning to drop off my last batch....I already handed in 15, and I've currently got 8 and a half done to hand it tomorrow lol!  At the end of the week, I'll post a picture of my entire haul!

I went to the tent sale Tuesday morning, just to see if it was as crazy as it was on Monday.  They had more people on the opening day than they did the entire week last year! And the credit card machines died on Monday, so every credit card purchase has to be called in for approval!  I got there with 2 of my daughters (the 11 yr old & the 2 yr old) right as the gates were opened and it only took minutes to get into the tent.  While waiting our turn, I had a great chat with a couple ladies about the extra yarn give away that had happened on Monday and isn't it great they're collecting squares for charity....Mikey was at the door, handing out huge bags to collect yarn in and I asked if he was collecting the squares also.  He said yes and asked how many I had (15)....then told me to grab my 7 bags of free tshirt yarn before I left!  When I asked 7? Not 3? he said everyone was getting 4 free bags that day too!  Everything in the tent is buy 3 get 1 free....and I grabbed 4 bags of Caron Simply Soft.  SO.....my haul (which took all of 20 minutes, including checkout time) was 7 bags (21 skeins) of tshirt yarn and 4 bags (12 skeins) of SS...over $250 regular retail cost.  I paid $16.01!  I've been making more squares and I'm meeting a friend there tomorrow morning so we'll see if this extra 4 bags giveaway is going to keep going throughout the week!  I'll also keep making squares after I get home tomorrow and bringing the whole family with me on Saturday morning to drop off my last batch....I already handed in 15, and I've currently got 8 and a half done to hand it tomorrow lol!  At the end of the week, I'll post a picture of my entire haul!

I swear next year if no one is having a baby in the family I am going to the tent sale.... that is so awesome!!! I wonder if sandra scored anything good?

The sale has already been confirmed for next year! It's set for the first week in May again!  I have no idea if they'll be collecting the WUA squares again but I'm planning on making 10-15 a month and bringing them anyway because it's a wonderful cause!  I'm about to get ready to head back to the sale this morning....today's goal is to hand in 15 more squares and find some pretty green yarn to send to my mom in PA as a surprise for her!  I've decided if they are giving the extra 4 bags today (as they've been doing all week long) I'm going to grab one of each of the colors they have left and send them to Mom too!  She's going to be so surprised!

OK I have just gotten home from the tent sale...I was actually the first one in line today!!! :clap  Mikey was delayed so I didn't see him but I did see Diva Dan!  

They are running low on the tshirt yarn they are giving out for the squares, so they are not giving the 4 extra bags to each person like they were at the beginning of the week.  Instead of having 4 big boxes at the front of the tent for people to grab their own, they now have two boxes under the checkout tables and the ladies are handing it out as they count your squares...I got 3 bags of purple stripped tshirt yarn for my 15 squares today!  I also picked up 2 bags of a beautiful green SS and 2 bags of a pretty light orange SS to surprise my mom with.  All for $16.01!  

I did ask the ladies at the checkout if they thought there would still be tshirt yarn for the people who bring in squares on Saturday and they are hoping they don't run out but if they do, they'll give a substitution yarn instead.  I also asked if they'll be collecting squares again next year and they said most likely. I'm thinking I'll take the first day or two of each month, knock out 10-15 squares for WUA and then bring them all in next year to the tent sale.  Even if they're not offering any special bonus for the squares, it's still a wonderful organization!

Oh! They also got their credit card machine issues all worked out so cards are not an issue!!

Went back to bring in the last of my squares today.  Grand total of squares I made since last Thursday evening is 40!  I got there in the first hour, and Mikey said everyone was getting the 4 extra bags with purchase as long as supplies lasted, but by the time I got to the checkout line (maybe 1045?) they were completely out of stock of tshirt yarn.Over the course of the 3 trips I made to bring in squares I was given a total of 10 bags (30 skeins) of tshirt yarn!!!  

Archived