Warm up American / Warm up Canada

owlvamp

Mikey from Crochet Crowd will be coming to NC. I am going to go see him! I'm so excited.

My daughter just told me about this.They are collecting squares . Here is the pattern that must be followed.

BASIC SINGLE CROCHET

Chain 30 for the foundation chain.

Row 1: Single crochet in 2nd chain from hook, and in every chain in the foundation row. Chain 1 and turn your work.

Row 2: Working under the 2 top loops of each stitch in the previous row, single crochet across the row. Chain 1 and turn.

Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 9".

Fasten off.

Has to be 4 ply yarn. Like RHSS

I will also post in a little while the pattern for those that knit. You can knit or crochet.

Didn't know if any members are from here going or making blocks for this charity. If you can't go I am willing to hand the squares in person for I will be taking mine. Let me know and will send address. It's starts May 2nd. To May 7th. 2016. I think I'll be going a couple days later. So blocks need to be here Like May 2nd for I'm not going the first day. So it gives us a little time.

I will hunt for the official site and post it later.

I'll be there again! I can't wait. I've already started my squares and I'm determined to remember to get a picture with Mikey since I forgot last year. I'll probably be there middle of the week as well since we're ending a trip to DH's Florida family/my dad in SC with a stop there.

Sandra I am having a heck of a time! The only way I can get it is with a g hook and simply soft (or similar). I can't make Red Heart work. Maybe with an F hook, but that's too small for my hands to handle with the yarn. It makes my hook hand hurt and tears up my carpal tunnel. With the CSS, I wind up just a tiny hair over 7". I'm hoping it will be okay. If you hold the measuring tape right, it looks spot on. I doubt they'll be out there with a measuring tape anyway, as long as it looks close. I've got 4 done as of right now and plenty of car time coming up to make more.

As of right now I think we're planning on the 4th too. That way we'll have a couple days at my dad's after visiting DH's family and then stop at the yarn sale on the way home. I'm so excited I can't even handle it! Not that I've come anywhere close to using last year's haul, but that's beside the point right?? Lol!

There has been a lot of discussion about the squares on the Facebook event page and we just heard from the Crochet Crowd that any 7x9 squares will be accepted and Mikey will have a measuring tape at the door. As soon as I finish this current square, I'm switching to dc. SC is sooooo slow!

Awesome I am only in like 4-5 rows I'm ripping it out and going to double myself. What if it's a tad over 7 inches? He won't except it? Can you post a link so I can go read where it's all being talked about? I've looked and can't find it. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/events/538648132965447/?active_tab=highlights

Hopefully that link works. It's in the discussion section, 3 posts down in the comments of a post by Heather Lydic.

I would imagine that as long as they're close to 7x9, we'll be fine. I'm definitely switching to dc!

They don't say anything about a limit... the examples go up to 20 and it says that for every 5 additional squares, you get another bag. I'm just going to see how many I can crank out!

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me so happy!  I live about a half hour from Washington and I actually met Mikey last year before I even knew who he was lol!  Looking forward to going again this year!  Thanks for the info!!

Owlvamp...not sure yet.  Trying to coordinate with a friend of mine to meet up there, so it all depends on what works for her...but if you see two women with a total of 8 kids between us (6 of them 2 years and under) chances are pretty good it's my friend and me!  :lol

I am finally home from watching the grands.... Who knew two little things could take so much out of a grown woman!  Anyhow, I am going to work on squares this weekend and hope to go. Sandra, I will shoot for Wednesday but will firm that up by Monday.

Owlvamp...yes I re-read everything and the only thing I can figure is my brain took the numbers from the measurements and quantity needed and mixed them up lol. I've got 11 done in the past day & a half!  I'm going to see how many I can get done before I go....I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday depending on my friend's schedule.  I'll find out for sure Monday night!

Mikey is posting videos on Facebook of the opening of the tent sale this morning....apparently everyone who was waiting in line for the sale to open got $120 of free yarn when they got in the tent!!! And that's in addition to the yarn for the Warm Up America squares!  Also saw the bags of yarn they are giving for each set of 5 squares...looks like 3 skeins about 6 oz each, and he said that each bag was $30 worth of yarn!  I'm going to keep working on squares (on #17 now) and I'm planning on making all the yarn I get from this into one big snuggle on the couch blanket!!!

Archived