Amber Valenzuela

Question

Hello! I was wondering when you guys make human dolls, what is the best route to go? Do you guys make a basic human body and then make clothes that you put on afterwards? or do you crochet pieces onto the body?
I wanna start making human dolls (like celebrities and such) and just wanna know what some people do.

Do you guys have any tips? or good basic patterns to start from?

Thank you in advance! =)

4 answers to this question

I had never heard of "Human Dolls" before I saw one presented to a celebrity on TV several months ago. After looking around online, I saw this book at Amazon.com but not a lot more.

I've only seen one person post about making human like dolls.  So, it's not something that's common in this forum.  That book that Reni found looks really good.  I looked at the preview and I think it'll answer your questions.  Good luck!

I'd think the answer might be 'it depends'.  For example, looking at the cover of the book ReniC linked to, the guys' jeans might be 'built-in', but not the jacket.  If you're making a doll primarily for display (as you described), you could build more in; but for a little girl's plaything, she might want to play dress-up or if she's like me when I was little, even make new outfits.

There is a member of this forum (Diane Gladys I think was her forum name) who had some doll patterns here; also on the Yarnspirations site, there are a bunch of 'Lily' dolls (basically the same doll, but has different outfits) and as I recall a boyfriend for Lily too.  Those might be a place to start.

A search on 'doll' at Yarnspirations - second link is the boyfriend, although there's a 'pilgrim guy' in the first search

http://www.yarnspirations.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=&p=1&q=doll

http://www.yarnspirations.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=boyfriend

Archived